Kim's diary of being a new mum

15 +2 Weeks

Wow what a busy weekend that way! The weekend went way too quickly. Friday night i felt so rubbish, i couldn't eat dinner and then went to bed at 6.30pm. I felt so sick and just generally ill - i just couldn't put my finger on what was wrong. I guess baby was just letting me know it was still there and didn't appreciate the amount of crap i consumed during the day! :rolleyes:

Saturday i was photographing a wedding, boy am i glad thats my last one - no more for me until WAY after baby is born! They require way too much running around when you are pregnant! I was exhausted after a 12.5 hour day on my feet! I felt sorry for the poor baby - i practically ate nothing (some bread, crisps and a couple of pain au chocolate's) although i did make sure i drank plenty of water and orange juice as i was going along.

Sunday we were catching up on washing etc and looking at some properties and we have found something we like so we are going back for a second viewing tonight! :D exciting!

Food wise - probably not the best weekend, with no dinner Friday, hardly anything Saturday, and then last night went out for a meal with my sister, her BF and their baby (8 months old) so made up for the lack of food by eating LOADS haha.

Todays food has been OK, but i am still feeling a bit nauseous at times.

Breakfast: Cornflakes with ss milk and a banana
snack: 2 biscuits (bad but they were being passed around the office and i have no willpower!)
Lunch: Tin of ravioli and 2 slices of toast with low fat spread and a shape 0% raspberry yogurt
Dinner: Was going to be the SW friendly roast chicken i had planned for last night until we had an invitation to go out for dinner, although i am not sure i will have time as we have a viewing of this property at 5.30pm. if not it may be something like stir fry.

Hope everyone had a good weekend! :)

15 +2 Weeks

Wow what a busy weekend that way! The weekend went way too quickly. Friday night i felt so rubbish, i couldn't eat dinner and then went to bed at 6.30pm. I felt so sick and just generally ill - i just couldn't put my finger on what was wrong. I guess baby was just letting me know it was still there and didn't appreciate the amount of crap i consumed during the day! :rolleyes:

Saturday i was photographing a wedding, boy am i glad thats my last one - no more for me until WAY after baby is born! They require way too much running around when you are pregnant! I was exhausted after a 12.5 hour day on my feet! I felt sorry for the poor baby - i practically ate nothing (some bread, crisps and a couple of pain au chocolate's) although i did make sure i drank plenty of water and orange juice as i was going along.

Sunday we were catching up on washing etc and looking at some properties and we have found something we like so we are going back for a second viewing tonight! :D exciting!

Food wise - probably not the best weekend, with no dinner Friday, hardly anything Saturday, and then last night went out for a meal with my sister, her BF and their baby (8 months old) so made up for the lack of food by eating LOADS haha.

Todays food has been OK, but i am still feeling a bit nauseous at times.

Breakfast: Cornflakes with ss milk and a banana
snack: 2 biscuits (bad but they were being passed around the office and i have no willpower!)
Lunch: Tin of ravioli and 2 slices of toast with low fat spread and a shape 0% raspberry yogurt
Dinner: Was going to be the SW friendly roast chicken i had planned for last night until we had an invitation to go out for dinner, although i am not sure i will have time as we have a viewing of this property at 5.30pm. if not it may be something like stir fry.

Hope everyone had a good weekend! :)
Oh Kim.. Thank God its the last til after bubs is here.. You must have been wrecked.. And you do that AS WELL AS a fully office job???

Glad you've found something you really like.. Hope you like it as much second time round.. :)
Much interest in your own place??

Oh Kim.. Thank God its the last til after bubs is here.. You must have been wrecked.. And you do that AS WELL AS a fully office job???

Glad you've found something you really like.. Hope you like it as much second time round.. :)
Much interest in your own place??

Oh yes, i work full time as well.....so it was tough doing 37.5hrs last week plus a 12.5hr day on Saturday...needless to say today i am feeling very tired!! I do love photography, but i am going to try and stick to babies/children and portraits rather than weddings - i enjoy them much more than weddings as weddings are incredibly stressful!

Viewing tonight for the place we've seen and taking my mum and sister for their opinions too! fingers crossed we love it as much as we did yesterday. Our current place is shared ownership (not sure if you know of that) but basically we own 30% and a housing association own 70% and we pay our small mortgage and then pay rent on top to the housing association.......when we wanted to move in we didn't want to rent so we went with this scheme which needed a small deposit compared to 10-20% deposits that most mortgages needed. So i guess the scheme is still in demand and we had 20 viewings in 5 days on our place, and they expect it to be under offer this week. so fingers crossed we can get the ball rolling and be in our new place (wherever that may be!) before baby arrives! thats my hope anyway!

How are you this week? How are the pains? I've been getting quite a few stretching pains particularly if i turn over too quickly in bed.....ouchy! no one tells you about all the weird and wonderful pains you get when pregnant :rolleyes:!

Are you finding the time is going quick for you since your 12 week appointment? somehow since my scan it seems to be dragging...i feel like it's taking ages to move from week to week.....but before it seemed to go quite quickly! Strange!

Oh yes, i work full time as well.....so it was tough doing 37.5hrs last week plus a 12.5hr day on Saturday...needless to say today i am feeling very tired!! I do love photography, but i am going to try and stick to babies/children and portraits rather than weddings - i enjoy them much more than weddings as weddings are incredibly stressful!

Viewing tonight for the place we've seen and taking my mum and sister for their opinions too! fingers crossed we love it as much as we did yesterday. Our current place is shared ownership (not sure if you know of that) but basically we own 30% and a housing association own 70% and we pay our small mortgage and then pay rent on top to the housing association.......when we wanted to move in we didn't want to rent so we went with this scheme which needed a small deposit compared to 10-20% deposits that most mortgages needed. So i guess the scheme is still in demand and we had 20 viewings in 5 days on our place, and they expect it to be under offer this week. so fingers crossed we can get the ball rolling and be in our new place (wherever that may be!) before baby arrives! thats my hope anyway!

How are you this week? How are the pains? I've been getting quite a few stretching pains particularly if i turn over too quickly in bed.....ouchy! no one tells you about all the weird and wonderful pains you get when pregnant :rolleyes:!

Are you finding the time is going quick for you since your 12 week appointment? somehow since my scan it seems to be dragging...i feel like it's taking ages to move from week to week.....but before it seemed to go quite quickly! Strange!
Yea we had a shared ownership scheme running over hear quite a few years back.. Great idea to get ppl on the property ladder.. Dunno why they done away with here...
Great that you'll hopefully have a buyer for yer own place pretty soon... Makes making offers allot more appealing to the potential vendor too...

Pains aren't too bad.. Duno if you seen about the pains I was having over the weekend? Up the right side of my stomach.. Apparently just the uterus stretching.. Still there each morning when I wake but not bad n not for too long after i'm up so its bearable...
Felt a "popping" last night in my "bump" which appears to have been my first movements... Can't wait to feel it again.. And more prominent... Very exciting now :)
Yea defo flew after 12 weeks.. can't believe i'm 16 weeks tomoro... Compared to getting to 12 weeks time is flying...

And you're right.. Everyone talking of fainting n dizziness n MS but not of the pains n cramps n twinges.. N they seem to be the most common of all....

15 +3 Weeks

I feel really odd today! :( not sure whats wrong but i feel like my stomach is doing somersaults....trying to convince myself it could be baby but i don't think it is.....i am really not feeling great today and we are so short staffed at work i am busy so can't even take it easy.

Anyways, can't wait to get today over with as my friend is coming over with her 1 month old baby tonight for dinner and i get to fill up on cuddles with her little boy.

Hope everyone else has a good day!

Food today:

Breakfast: Cornflakes and SS Milk and a banana
Snack: probably a biscuit...feeling queasy again today.
Lunch: Ham sandwich, wotsits and a mullerlight greek yogurt
Dinner: Lasagne is what i have planned.

Re: Kim's pregnancy diary

How did the viewing go lastnight???

Aww... Hope you feel better soon.. xx

We have put in an offer this morning waiting to hear back if it's been accepted! Eeek!

Feeling a little better but still not 100% hopefully getting a decent nights sleep tonight will sort me out!

Have you felt baby anymore? How exciting! I read my scan report which says my placenta is anterior and that probably means I won't feel baby until gone 20 weeks. I want it to hurry up must be lovely feeling bubba finally! :)

We have put in an offer this morning waiting to hear back if it's been accepted! Eeek!

Feeling a little better but still not 100% hopefully getting a decent nights sleep tonight will sort me out!

Have you felt baby anymore? How exciting! I read my scan report which says my placenta is anterior and that probably means I won't feel baby until gone 20 weeks. I want it to hurry up must be lovely feeling bubba finally! :)

My placenta is anterior and I've only felt baby once or twice at 22 weeks. They say longer for your first baby too. I'm the same, I tell it to kick me 100 times a day!!

Aww... I didn't get a scan report.. I just got my pix and was sent on my way.. :(

Felt a lickle flutter last night.. Different to the night before but very slight again.. I just want to feel it all day n night..
Its nice to feel coz I still don't look in the least bit pregnant so to have a sign that its not all in my head was nice :)

OOOhhhh... I have EVERYTHING crossed for you.. Did they give an estimated time frame??
Our estate agents are crap for call backs.. I don't think they realise how exciting these times are for us....

They recommend getting as much iron rich foods as possible to help the tiredness.. I've not yet found anything to take it away but as time goes on I can manage to stay up a little longer...

Offer had been accepted!!!!! Wohoo! A long way to go still but yay so glad it was accepted! Now to hope everything goes to plan and we are move in before baby arrives!:D:D:D:D

Aww yay! How exciting :) Congratulations hun xxx

Yay!! Congrats on the offer being accepted. Hope it all goes through quick for you x

Offer had been accepted!!!!! Wohoo! A long way to go still but yay so glad it was accepted! Now to hope everything goes to plan and we are move in before baby arrives!:D:D:D:D

Yayyyyy.... Am thrilled for you hun... Fingers n toes crossed now everything else runs nice n smoothly for you and you're in and settled long before baby arrives...

Thanks girls :) so excited I just hope everything works out!

Weird question but this morning and again now I have this really weird sensation going on in my tummy (quite low down) I can't pinpoint what it feels like... not bubbles and I'm not really sure what fluttering feels like so not sure it's that. It just feels like somersaults or a bit washing machiney (Mike just wet himself laughing when I described it so I know that sounds crazy but it's the closest thing I can describe lol) could this be baby or am I completely nuts?!? :eek:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thanks girls :) so excited I just hope everything works out!

Weird question but this morning and again now I have this really weird sensation going on in my tummy (quite low down) I can't pinpoint what it feels like... not bubbles and I'm not really sure what fluttering feels like so not sure it's that. It just feels like somersaults or a bit washing machiney (Mike just wet himself laughing when I described it so I know that sounds crazy but it's the closest thing I can describe lol) could this be baby or am I completely nuts?!? :eek:

I've read baby's first movements can feel like butterflies, little pops or like a rolling sensation... So maybe.....??

It was strange I would definitely say a rolling sensation was what it felt like. I guess if it keeps happening it probably is baby! Now I want it to happen it probably won't :rolleyes:

15 +4 weeks

Feeling much better today than I was yesterday. Had those weird sensations but nothing more today so maybe it was something else other than baby..... time will tell!

Food today.... not been great...again *sigh* willpower come back!

Saw my friends baby boy last night he is so cute and I cannot wait to have my own in my arms! Hurry up next feb! :D

Going to ask my mum (she's a midwife) if she can try to listen in to baby when I next go and see her as I really want to know its ok in there! :eek:

Hope everyone is having a good Wednesday!

15 +4 weeks

Feeling much better today than I was yesterday. Had those weird sensations but nothing more today so maybe it was something else other than baby..... time will tell!

Food today.... not been great...again *sigh* willpower come back!

Saw my friends baby boy last night he is so cute and I cannot wait to have my own in my arms! Hurry up next feb! :D

Going to ask my mum (she's a midwife) if she can try to listen in to baby when I next go and see her as I really want to know its ok in there! :eek:

Hope everyone is having a good Wednesday!
So lucky to have a midwife on hand like that.. Jealous..

Dont worry about appetite and will power.. Just try and get in some fruit n veg each day and you'll be fine :)

15 +6 days
Wow today I actually felt normal... no nausea was able to eat. Although no fruit today as we have run out. Certainly got to buy some this weekend!

Going to see my mum tonight and hoping to listen in to baby as im desperate to hear that heartbeat but also a bit nervous...I guess that must be normal right?

Can I ask a personal question is anyone else experiencing quite a lot of discharge? It's always clear and watery or white but it's really increased in the last couple of days and I wonder if anyone is experiencing the same? I have read is normal and all to do with so much going on down there but good to know if I'm not the only one :eek:

15 +6 days
Wow today I actually felt normal... no nausea was able to eat. Although no fruit today as we have run out. Certainly got to buy some this weekend!

Going to see my mum tonight and hoping to listen in to baby as im desperate to hear that heartbeat but also a bit nervous...I guess that must be normal right?

Can I ask a personal question is anyone else experiencing quite a lot of discharge? It's always clear and watery or white but it's really increased in the last couple of days and I wonder if anyone is experiencing the same? I have read is normal and all to do with so much going on down there but good to know if I'm not the only one :eek:

Yep!! Loads!!! And been getting it since about 7 weeks pregnant! lol It's got so bad, to the point where I wake up in the mornings and it feels as though I've wee'd a bit, or I've bled because there's so much of it!! You're not alone!! xxx

Back