Latte's diary for health & happiness mainly Green days with pictures

Picture of dinner tofu with celeriac and roast veg

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110905_214754.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110905_214754.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 72
Yesterday was the dreaded weigh in and another Red day

I think I am getting the hang of Red days and I do think this is the key to keeping down my carbs.

B 2 plums 1 nectarine 1 alpen light 1/2 hex b
s 2 mini SW quiches with eggs/quark/spring onions grapes
L Asda wholemeal pitta bread hex b with cottage cheese and salad plus extra tomatoes carrots and cucumber
S 2 pieces of dark aero 3 2 cheese strings hex a
after weigh in alpen light 1/2 hex b
D homemade mushroom soup with mushrooms onions and celery with 6 gefilte fish balls 3 and salad

Total 12

1.5 gym sessions LBT followed by Box Fit

and I lost 2lbs at weigh in which meant I got my 1/2 stone sticker
Yay red days are hard but they are working

Wednesday GREEN
B Asda wholemeal pitta bread hex b with anchor light 2 kiwi cherries
s alpen light 1/2 hex b
L 3 crispbreads 1/2 hex b laughing cow light mushrooms tomatoes cucumber 2 mini SW quiches with eggs/quark/spring onions
S boxed fruit salad
D wholegrain pasta and sauce tomato and basil flavour
S 2 mini dime bar chocs 2

Total 4

Thursday - GREEN

B Onken apple and mango yoghurt of chopped strawberries

s alpen light 1/2 hex b 3 plums

L Asda wholemeal pitta bread with salad leaves tomatoes cucumber and laughing cow light hex a

s satsuma alpen light 1/2 hex b

D out at Chinese restaurant boiled rice with tofu in black bean sauce 5

Total 5

Friday Extra Easy
B onken Apple and mango yoghurt strawberries melon
L scan bran hex b with tin tuna light mayo 2 spring onions pepper cucumber and tomatoes
S 2 cheese strings hex a Asda nutty bite 4 mikado 2
D sweet herring fillets thought they were free but a big fat NO guessed 6 syns with lots of salad stuff
S 3 dime bar bites 3

Total 16

Friday dinner

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110912_152052.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110912_152052.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 78
This weekend was my worse ever on SW.

Saturday day out in London.

B at train station wholemeal bagel both hex b with slice cheese hex a and egg
L giant meringue 5
D at a Japanese fusion place do complete guesses
Tempura veg 15
Aubergine in a spicy sauce 2
Boiled rice
Tofu 5

Total 27

Sunday Green
B 2 cheese slices hex a
L sweet herring fillet 6 with salad and crackerbread hex b laughing cow light hex b
D cupcake from hummingbird bakery 10 3 macaroons 8

Total 28

Monday RED

B satsumas grapes and Activia raspberry snack pot
S pear
L salad leaves light mayo (2) tuna
S 2 cheese strings (hex a) cherries
D small tin beans (hex b) eggs and acti fry celeriac
S macaroon (5)

total 7

Tuesday - weigh in
B Scan Bran with jam (2) and laughing cow light (hex a)
S plums, grapes
L 2 dark ryvita (3) anchor light (2) cucumber tomatoes carrots mushrooms
S cherries 1 alpen light
D omelette with mushrooms and onions
S 2 arrow root biscuits 3 alpen light

Total 8

Weigh in 1lb on :sigh:

Attachments

• IMAG1213.jpg
    IMAG1213.jpg
    412.7 KB · Views: 101
Wednesday GREEN

B activia cherry snackpot nectarine 2 fresh figs
S alpen light 1/2 hex b
L 6 crackerbread with laughing cow light carrots cucumber and tomatoes
S cheese mugshot 2 melon
D egg fried brown rice with mushrooms onions pepper and sweetcorn
S macaroons 8

Total 10

Thursday GREEN

B Asda wholemeal pitta bread (hex b) anchor light (2) fresh figs nectarine
S 4 mikado (2) fresh figs
L fat free thai super noodles carrots peppers tomatoes activia raspberry yoghurt
S 2 dairylea tri bites (hex a) 2 alpen lights (hex b)
D baked potato with beans
S mini dime bites 4

Total 8

Friday
B 6 crackerbread (hex b ) with laughing cow light (hex a )
S plums nectarine
L activia cherry yoghurt

At a wedding so all guesses

Veg lasagne (5) new potatoes wholemeal bread roll (hex b)
archers (3)
cupcake (15)
jaergerbomb (10)

Total 33

Attachments

• IMAG1215.jpg
    IMAG1215.jpg
    407.4 KB · Views: 107
Saturday GREEN

B ww bread (hex B) baked beans with low low cheese (hex a)
L cherries ryvita mini bites
D quorn fillet (5) macaroni past n sauce (2) cauliflower
S leftover wedding cupcake (15)

Total

Sunday GREEN

B satsuma fresh fruit salad dairylea strips (hex a)
L 2 hard boiled eggs tomatoes and peppers

D out at a Thai restaurant as it was my DH's birthday

so lots of guesses

veg skewers with satay sauce (3)
spicy mushroom and veg soup
tofu with ginger rice noodles pads thai sauce (3) boiled rice
half slice lemon tart (10)
crunchie (5)

Total 21

Monday 19th September GREEN

B 2 dry fried eggs on WW wholemeal bread (hex B ) with a scraping of butter (2)
L box of melon and grape fruit salad with 2 dairylea cheeses (hex a)
D quorn fillet (7) with sweetcorn pickled cucumber and acti fried potatoes plus splodge of mayo (2)
S satsuma and weetabix oaty bar (hex b)

Total 11

Tuesday RED

B Activia cherry snackpot and a red apple
S Apple alpen light bar (1/2 hex b )
L Scan Bran (hex b ) with marmite cucumber cherry toms and carrots 1 egg muffin followed by 2 fresh figs and some grapes
After weigh in another alpen light bar (1/2 hex b )
Homemade mushroom soup with gefilte fish balls (2) dairylea tri bites (Hex A) 2 ryvita (3) flora light (2)
1 hovis biscuits (3)

WEIGH IN 2lbs off so 8lbs total

Attachments

• IMAG1248 (Medium).jpg
    IMAG1248 (Medium).jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 109
  • IMAG1249.jpg
    IMAG1249.jpg
    345.2 KB · Views: 113
Wednesday GREEN

b 3 plums handful of grapes pineapple activia yoghurt
s banana 2 fresh figs
l tuna salad (hex b) with a poached egg on top with light mayo (2) followed by box of melon
s cream cheese and chive ryvita mini bites (hex B) 2 dairylea tri bites (Hex a)
s skinny hot chocolate in Starbucks no whip (5)
d tilda chilli and lime rice (2)
s 2 veggie percy pigs (3)

Total 12

Thursday GREEN
B cherries 3 crispbreads (1/2 hex B) with philly light (hex a) and jam (2)
S plums and grapes
L 3 egg muffins with carrots mushrooms cucumber and cherry toms
S alpen light bar (1/2 hex B) 2 choc fingers (2.5)
D out at Zizzi olives (2) and spaghetti with tomato sauce (6)
S 2 mini wholemeal rolls butter (2)

Total 14.5

Friday RED

B plums and cherries
L 2 mini wholemeal rolls (hex B) with smoked salmon and laughing cow light (hex a ) plus mushrooms tomatoes and yellow pepper 2 hazelnut mikado (1)
S grapes and melon
D 3 fish fingers (6) with tiny tin of baked beans (hex b) and celeriac bns and carrot mash
S scoop coffee ice cream (6)

Total 13

Attachments

• IMAG1250.jpg
    IMAG1250.jpg
    458.3 KB · Views: 92
  • IMAG1251.jpg
    IMAG1251.jpg
    388.1 KB · Views: 64
  • IMAG1262.jpg
    IMAG1262.jpg
    324.3 KB · Views: 77
  • IMAG1274 (Medium).jpg
    IMAG1274 (Medium).jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 82
Saturday GREEN

B box of fruit salad
L meal out
starter mozarella balls (10)
main course mushrooms stuffed with blue cheese (hex a) and ratatouille with plain new potatoes and cauliflower
D 2 mini wholemeal rolls (2) (Hex b) butter (2), cherries, 1 satsuma, 2 egg muffins vegetable crisps (5) and some cucumber.

TOTAL 19

Sunday GREEN

B cherries/melon/grapes 2 dairylea strip cheese (hex a)
L 2 mini wholemeal rolls (2) quorn slices cucumber and tomatoes
percy pig (1)
S ww cake bar (4)
D thai fish curry (1/2 hex B) (6) for coconut milk rice
S 3 crispbread (1/2 hex b ) melon
S 4 mikado (2)

TOTAL 15

Attachments

• IMAG1281.jpg
    IMAG1281.jpg
    316.8 KB · Views: 255
  • IMAG1285.jpg
    IMAG1285.jpg
    426.5 KB · Views: 164
I still dont know if I am getting the balance right between free and superfree or if I should be eating any differently ?

I did manage the gym today but it has been for the first time since last Tuesday as I have been in a lot of pain again so each day is a struggle as to whether or not I am well enough to go to the gym.

Hopefully things will be sorted over the next few weeks when I see various clinics and consultants.

I am also still struggling with eating out and I really do miss proper food as the choices I have made would not have been my normal choices which is probably how I ended up here again

Saturday GREEN

B box of fruit salad
L meal out
starter mozarella balls (10)
main course mushrooms stuffed with blue cheese (hex a) and ratatouille with plain new potatoes and cauliflower
D 2 mini wholemeal rolls (2) (Hex b) butter (2), cherries, 1 satsuma, 2 egg muffins vegetable crisps (5) and some cucumber.

TOTAL 19

Sunday GREEN

B cherries/melon/grapes 2 dairylea strip cheese (hex a)
L 2 mini wholemeal rolls (2) quorn slices cucumber and tomatoes
percy pig (1)
S ww cake bar (4)
D thai fish curry (1/2 hex B) (6) for coconut milk rice
S 3 crispbread (1/2 hex b ) melon
S 4 mikado (2)

TOTAL 15

hey hun got your post saying you would like a bit of help so i have just had a little read. i have quoted this as you say you ate out yet counted one of the dishes as a healthy extra. i was told by c that when out you dont know how something is cooked, you dont know what amounts of anything they put in things so therefore cant count anything as a healthy extra, so this could have cost you more syns than you anticipated on this day and you was already over anyway from what you calculated, also you are right upto the limit (or there abouts) most days on your syns, and i noticed most of your meals include a lot of syns, i think this could possibly be where your falling short. if you are going upto the limit on your syns every day then have a day where you go over, it stands to reason that you will gain. they say 15 syns as a safety net but the recommended amount is between 5 and 10 per day. i would personally try to reduce your syns, make as many meals as possible syn free and use your syns for treats or sauces cos if your using your syns on meals then are a bit peckish later or fancying something you have none left to play with and also like in the situation where you are going for a meal if youve used the limit of syns every day it means that you really need to be sticking just to your 15 syns then too. i try to use between 5 and 10 a day, i make all my meals apart from breakfast free and i save my syns for treats and sauces, i think if i didnt do this i would have had a lot of gains but instead ive managed to scrape by on bad weeks with sts. hope that helps and makes sense lol

Thank you so much for your advice. I have seen other food diaries guessing healthy extras and also on the eating out section so I assumed it was ok.
I think my syns have crept up again as I was sticking to 70 a week so will have a re focus but I know I am having a flexi syn day on Thursday as it is my birthday. September is always a bad month for me with so many birthdays and meals.
I am already dreading next weigh in.
My scales and the gym scales both showed a loss at the weekend so I was shocked.

yeah some people can get away with guesstimating but others (myself included) cant. everyones different and whilst it seems unfair that someone else can guess the syn value or healthy extra weights and get away with it the majority of people cant and tbh it probably would have been ok if you hadnt been upto the limit every other day with your syns hun. one meal that isnt on plan doesnt make for a gain generally, its normally a build up of little things that your doing that add up to a gain. start from scratch and be as good as you can be and start weighing things and make sure that you dont forget about daft little bits that you may be eating and forgetting about-like the odd bite of food off your kids/partners plate or the odd chocolate etc. this is where i have gone worng this week, i havent been weighing and measuring my healthy extras and have been having nibbles on bits of food and not counting them as syns, i think once you get on the track of not weighing and measuring it makes you complacent with other things. forget about the gain you cant change that now, but you can start again and do the best you can. if your out for a meal or whatever for a birthday, enjoy it, but as soon as that meal is over jump straight back into plan, dont let that one meal turn into 2 days of eating too much of the wrong stuff. you can do this hun!!

Thanks again but I don't have kids and I don't really nibble so unfortunately I don't have that too blame and I also barely drink so I am not forgetting to write down sneaky vodkas !

Monday GREEN
B Apple crumble yoghurt 0.5 melon
S 3 plums
L 1/2 pack turkey quorn slices 4 crackerbread (1/2 hex b ) laughing cow light (hex a) cucumber tomatoes cherries
S remaining 2 crackerbread with anchor light (2) strawberries
D sweet potato with homemade lentil ragu (lentils carrots mushrooms onions ) low fat cheese second hex a
S hi fi bar

Total 2.5

Tuesday GREEN

B activia mango yoghurt strawberries
S 3 plums 2 satsumas 2 chocolate fingers 2.5
L smoked salmon (2 x hex b) on scan bran with laughing cow light ( hex a ) tomatoes cucumber olives (2) and cherries
D pasta and sauce with mushrooms 2

Plus I was so upset with weigh in 5 chocolate heroes 12.5

Total 16.5

Weigh in up 2 lbs

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110928_112249.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110928_112249.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 106
  • ForumRunner_20110928_112339.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110928_112339.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 99
I have just worked out my syns for last week and I only had 76 so even if I under estimated the meal I should still be within syns yet I put on weight. I am so fed up

hey hun, i dont want to upset you, i am a bit confused by how you think youve only had 70 odd syns? i have just looked back over your food diary and going from sunday backwards you have had over 10 syns every day except one-which was your weigh in day and if you got the couple of days previous to that you had over 20 syns on those days. i really dont want to upset you, but just from looking at what you have put on here for your daily amounts your syns are high most days and personally i think this is where you are going wrong. im sorry your fed up but 99% of the time if youve gained it is because you are just doing something slightly wrong, its better to be completely honest with yourself about what you are eating and the amounts so you can change it than to guesstimate food when you are out and then be upset when you gain. you CAN do this you have done it before, last week you lost 2 pound. so youve proved you can do it, maybe look back over what you ate the week you lost and compare it to the wek you gained and this may help? hugs xx

I had to double check what you said as the consultant has my last four weeks diaries to try and guide me and help me with where I might be going wrong

I added them up again and I had forgotten to include Tuesday
Tuesday 20th September 10
Wednesday 12
Thursday 14.5
Friday 13
Saturday 19
Sunday 15
Monday 2.5

which equals 86 which is 12.28 a day so just under 13 syns a day as an average

I still technically had 19 left to use which would go towards the under estimation for the meals out

I know you are are trying to help and I am so sorry as it sounds like I am not listening and I am making excuses but I am listening and I am still trying to work out where I am going wrong

I always have superspeed fruit and superfree stuff every day

A lot of what we eat is made from scratch so I know exactly what goes in it

Pasta and rice are weighed out according to the recommended serving size on the packets

I drink at least 2 litres of squash/water a day (no added sugar)

Health permitting I exercise at least twice a week

Gaaaahhhhh I am so frustrated and I am sorry if I am taking it out on you Lou as I know you are trying to help and I appreciate it so much

Back