Les Mills appreciation thread

ive tried balance before, i couldnt get it right either :p that may have been becuase i was extrmely tired and couldnt concentrate on anything!

attack 72, track 5- killer or what?!

It just shows I have no core stability! Haha! This release is hard - but I love love love it :) if you don't mind me asking whats your exercise regime? Like what classes etc you do on what days? I've recently joined a gym and trying to get a routine xx

mine is.... extreme gym wise. i do alot!
mon- combat
tues- attack
weds- attck, combat, stability ball
thurs- dvd at home
fri- step, attack
sat- attack, combat, pump
sun- step, combat or spinning and pump

that plus an extra hours time in the gym before each first class.

agree that the new ones are hard, the music is really good though, got some of my fave songs in it. just not keen on bruno mars...

i try and work on my core strengh more than anything else, its paying off so far x

mine is.... extreme gym wise. i do alot!
mon- combat
tues- attack
weds- attck, combat, stability ball
thurs- dvd at home
fri- step, attack
sat- attack, combat, pump
sun- step, combat or spinning and pump

that plus an extra hours time in the gym before each first class.

agree that the new ones are hard, the music is really good though, got some of my fave songs in it. just not keen on bruno mars...

i try and work on my core strengh more than anything else, its paying off so far x

You do do alot! - when you do your work in the gym - is it weights or is it a mix of cardio and strength? I'm sorry for all the questions, just say if you'd rather not talk about it - its just I loooveee the classes at my gym, and I'm finding it hard to work out whats best, does the classes count as cardio, e.g; attack, and then could i do body pump for strength, but then what do I do in the gym? Im sorry if I sound like a right dumbo haha! Im just trying to incorporate the classes as much as I can because Les Mills is a legend!! :D xx

ah its fine, ask away :D
lately ive been using the treadmill and exercise bikes, every other day i use those and aim for 1 hour on either one, or half an hour on both. the days inbetween i use the ab cruncher machine (sorry dont know the names of them!) the pull down thingie too, then a bit of free weights. mainly work on my arms
yeah the attack and combat count as cardio :) x

Ooo okey dokey, thanks so much for clarifying, you have been a great help :) thanks so much hun!! :D xx

glad to be of help!
i do miss body jam though, it was so much fun. it was in a 3rd gym and cost me £10 every week for a day pass, it got so expensive to keep it up :( theres nowhere else where i live that do it either, gutted about that one

I've never done body jam and there are no gyms near me that do it - Boo!!
I felt like such a fool doing balance though, but I think it will be good for my core, as I clearly have no core stability - speaking of which I am going to a class tomorrow which half an hour long that is call core stability, so I'll see how that one goes! :D
Haven't booked in for any Les Mills classes this week, as its halfterm and I'm off work, I'm trying some classes I wouldn't normally be able to do :) xx

one of my combat and attack instructors used to teach jam, i wish she still did it, she even misses it. so shes doing zumba training now, and planning to try it out on the attackers, aka "zattackers" and "zombatters"

:D x

Haha - thats cool! I just looked at bodyjam on youtube, not sure it would be my cup of tea!
Is Les Mills RPM class a spin class essentially? xx

i havent tried an RPM class before, it isnt offered anywhere near me. if its anything like spinning i wouldnt do it much, im not a spinning fan. i do it, but not my fave

From what I saw on YouTube it looks like spin.
Did a core stability class today - ouchie! I loved it though! And then I went into the gym, you been today? Xx

yep, today was combat :)
bit of gym work too!

got myself all confused today thinking it was wednesday, then my head went blank in combat, i get insomnia.... and even when i do sleep i wake up feeling like i havent slept at all

but shall be ok tommorow and wide awake for attack! :D
x

gina_b said:
yep, today was combat :)
bit of gym work too!

got myself all confused today thinking it was wednesday, then my head went blank in combat, i get insomnia.... and even when i do sleep i wake up feeling like i havent slept at all

but shall be ok tommorow and wide awake for attack! :D
x

Ooo I don't like confusion especially in classes because then I get frustrated. Oo love a bit of combat will def try and fit it into my routine somewhere.
Wow, insomnia - I adore my sleep. Its amazing how the body works! I have no idea how insomnia works as in still functioning without sleep, I feel so strange if I don't sleep well, I'm sorry to hear you suffer with it
Hope you have fun at attack, not sure what I'm up to tomorrow, hopefully something sweaty hehe!! xx

its got worse in the last 3 monthes, but i have lots of coffee to function during the day :p the coffee machine broke in work... hence the confusion x

gina_b said:
its got worse in the last 3 monthes, but i have lots of coffee to function during the day :p the coffee machine broke in work... hence the confusion x

I love coffee! Oh my gosh, I bet that was awful! If you could only do one les mills class for the rest of your life what would you choose? Xx

attack, its the one that works me the hardest, and keeps me fitter more than the others!

Hey, sorry if I'm being dumb, but I go to a fitness first gym (the one in cardiff) and the classes they have there have the names you have mentioned but i've not seen any reference to les mills? Would they be the same?

I've not plucked up the courage to try any yet as I have no one to go with and they are also on quite early so Id have to finish work early to go. I do go to kickboxing classes though which are the best workout I've ever had - aching for three days afterwards!!!

most likely, in the gym i go they dont say les mills in front of the class names but they are les mills workouts :)

Back