Let myself down :(

Good luck Lauren xx

Thank you :)

How did your weigh in go Lauren?

I'm not sure how it will go as I haven't counted my syns properly this week at all so I won't be too surprised if I have gained anything! Whoops! I'm going to draw a line under it again though, so far only at 2 syns today and have weigh in this evening so we shall see! I shall let you know! :p

well you didn't do to bad getting that stone award a bit of a treat sometimes helps ;) well done

How did your weigh in go Lauren?

Great thank you :D I got my stone award on Monday yippeeeee! I did a few jumps around the dance hall we have our group in haha! xx

woohoo well done! :party0011:

Have let myself down big time!!! I had so much inspiration and motivation! Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place but I have to have a rant about myself :( I went to a christening today and my mum was going to bring some SW safe foods for us to snack on as we are doing SW together but she forgot to bring them! (It's a long drive to where we went as well so couldn't go back!) anyway there was a finger buffet, with so so so much food and it was so busy I couldn't really stand around being picky so I just grabbed basically a bit of everything :( Id saved my healthy b so I could have a sandwich but the sandwiches were egg mayo and I ended up having one anyway :( basically just ended up pigging out and haven't written anything down :( after such a good loss last week I am bound to have a gain at wi tomorrow night :( although j am going to the gym before wi to work some of it off :( i'm so disappointed in myself! After I'd dropped a dress size as well and was in tears this morning because I felt so hideous in my outfit for th christening :( maybe it was comfort eating :( anyway! I need to be punished!

Sorry if I necro'd the thread but I genuinely have to chip in here.

As the others have said, don't beat yourself up about it, what is done, is done.

It's all a learning experience and your best bet is to draw a line under it and move on rather than obsess over it. If you do have a wobble or a Food-Optimising nightmare in the future, you may be able to steer yourself to a maintain or even a loss if you are careful for the days following it if it was sprung on you.
If it is something which is planned in advance, give yourself a Syn allowance for the occasion and then manage any remaining Syns for the week accordingly.
Visual cues and planning will really help you stick to the plan, draw up a food diary and meal plan, shop appropriately and you've cracked it.

In terms of bringing snacks etc. it may be worth doing it yourself or someone who is very clear on what the plan allows (for example if you and a friend go to group and you are both going to the same event) pack a cool bag with plenty of cool packs to keep everything chilled and you are sorted for the road trip.

What I am going to suggest next is a little controversial and some of you may think it is a little confrontational but have you been honest with your friends and family about your efforts to lose weight?

I had told my friends about what I am currently undertaking and I was surprised at how very supportive they have been, some have actually been nice enough to buy me a little Skimmed Milk for when I come over to stay for cups of tea etc. and the meal plans are made with a healthy choice for me. They tell me where they are planning to go in advance so I can look at the Menu and make the most informed, plan-friendly choice. If they change their mind, it's fine, I always have backup choices as well so I feel confident about things like parties with them now.

If your friends/family respond negatively, stuff them. Make a plan to adjust and I would spend short amounts of time with them as you don't need that kind of negativity in your life! :D

I've managed everything a lot better since my little 'slip up' lol I feel much better now and do what you say by allowing Syns for that event etc or the other week I found I went over my Syns a little with some wine early in the week so I allowed myself less Syns the next day and was careful for the rest of the week and it worked because I lost 2.5lbs last week at weigh in! I don't have too much time to spend with friends but most people I do see daily know about my plan and they let me sort myself out as I'm very picky and I prefer to make my own meals and drinks hehe plus my mum is also with me at slimming world so if I ever Pop round she always has free snacks and food for us to eat :D

Back