Lightbulb moment!!! Back on CD

Bit worried as been invited out tomorrow night with another couple. I can get away with refusing food but sitting all night on diet coke.....

1. Can I physically do it without slipping a vodka in?

2. Is it ok to have diet coke all night? ie, heard so much conflicting stuff about drinking diet coke.

This is hard enough while your sat in the confines of your living room but up town with your mates is a totally different mine field.
Would appreciate advice as to how to cope. X

Diet coke is a no no, it can take you out of ketosis because of the citric acid in it. If they sell coke zero you can have one but it's water or black coffee otherwise. You can't even have the lemon wedge sorry.

It's the local large wetherspoons for the night. They sell diet Pepsi on draft, that's it. Really worried now!!

Diet Pepsi is a no too so sparkling water is probably your only option for staying on plan.

Internet is a dangerous place. Just googled effects of citric acid on ketosis, I'm now more baffled than before. Such conflicting information, medical trials here there and everywhere all coming up with different results, non of them say it DOES take you out of ketosis but most say it MIGHT! Think it depends on the individual.

Really don't want to go now, God, this is all so depressing. :-(

I would just stick with sparkling water with ice :) loads of people drink just that even when they aren't on a diet, so it should be ok and not look too out of place. Just think of the weight loss you will have this week, and if you did have the diet coke and then didn't lose or put on you would be devastated. I dont think its worth it just for a couple of hours...
I wouldnt not go though as you still need to live your life, but Im just avoiding any social events for the next 3 weeks as I know how easy it is for me to give in when Im feeling so hungry all the time.

You can do this!! Its only for a few hours :)

Hail to the words of wisdom. Yes, your absolutely right, better to just go for the water and stick it out. I was being vain too of I'm honest. I'm going to have to explain myself if I show up and sit on soft drinks all night, I'm ok with saying I'm trying to lose weight but not too happy about having to explain the whole Cambridge thing. Really don't want the whole evening to be about me and my choices. X

Haha, my daughters just told me to say I'm on antibiotics so I can't drink. Sum gal!! Lol. X

Genius!!

Though it's a bit sad you don't want to explain, I understand - my other half was telling people at work about it, only to be told how stupid he was and how not good for him it is. That makes me angry, but whatever gets you through. Have an awesome evening - you might be surprised at how much better your night can be when you're not trollied :) x

I wasn't trying to say I was a lush! Lol. But you know what I mean, group of friends, drinks are flowing etc, and before you know it you're in the taxi home taking a detour to the kebab shop!
There's a couple of people I've told I'm on the diet but the majority of my friends (and family come to that) are stick insects who can eat and drink to their hearts content without a problem. Their overall response is "just eat more sensibly", yeah right, if I could do that successfully I wouldn't be here in the first place would I!
I just find it easier to dodge all the comments and negativity, I'm doing this for me, no one else so don't really feel that I need to explain to them my reasons for not wanting to do the long route with weight watchers etc. x

I am exactly the same, all of my friends and family are sizes 6-10? I am a 16! And they never diet, they always eat and drink junk and theres me on constant strict diets trying to get into a normal BMI rather than almost obese, it really makes me angry! And I agree about not telling people, other people are so quick to judge especially when they don't know you or your circumstances/situation, so Id rather not tell people as its just easier that way.
I have used the "on antibiotics" trick before and it definitely works, but then other people started quizzing me if I was pregnant so I could only use that excuse twice.
Do and say whatever feels comfortable for you, you dont have to justify yourself to anyone and personally, I hate it when other people enquire about my eating habits ("oh whats that" "what diet is it youre on now..." "just eat sensibly and exercise more" "ewww what are you eating" "thats not healthy") OMG it really drives me crazy! I would never dream to of interfering and asking what someone was having for lunch! Its so rude! But anyway, thats me rant over :D

That hit a nerve, that's the phrase I'm avoiding "so what diet are you on this time?", I'm afraid I'm turning into a bit of a joke, I really want this to work. I need this to work. I'm dam miserable with how I look and feel, just want to be bloody normal.

Anne Im exactly the same!! I hate it when people judge what we are doing, we live our own lives and its down to us what we do, no-one elses. I get it quite often and although I laugh it off, its horrible to hear and Im the serial dieter of the office, everyone just thinks its a joke now as Ive been on so many but like you say I need this to work, Im fed up with not fitting into clothes, or wearing tight clothes, or constantly having to try and hold my stomach in or wanting sex with the light off as I dont want OH to see my wobbly bits wobbling all over the place!! I understand what youre saying,
Lets get it done this time!!
Ive just had my porridge, and am STARVING!!! haha- not good, not good at all :( x

Need some help. Don't know what's going on. It's coming to the end of day 4, been not too bad up till now but today - bloody STARVING!!!
Haven't given in, I've been keeping busy and drinking loads but I'm proper hungry today.
Surely it should be easier now?? ?

Nope not yet. Don't you remember my comment about days 4,5 and 10? Your body will be going into ketosis and until your really into it this will happen. Stick with it as it does get easier xx

Wk 1 -8lb
Wk2 -6lb
Wk3 -3lb
Wk4 -4lb
Wk5 -3lb
Wk6 -3lb
Wk7 -3lb
Wk8 -STS :-(
Wk9 -STS :-( Again
Wk10 -4lb whoop whoop lol

Just been to pee on a stick and it's a very satisfying shade of plum so definitely getting there. I am feeling a bit better now but it's been all day. Been starvin marvin!

Awwww Ann!!! Welcome to my world!! It's bloody awful isn't it :( I wonder if mine kicked in straight away as I was already in ketosis from atkins? It's been bloody awful this week so far and each day is getting worse. My CWP lady text me asking how I was getting on and I told her I'm really not liking the feeling hungry all the time, that it was making me moody/miserable and she told me to have a tin of tuna which I'm going to after my shake tonight. She said it won't affect my weight loss and it's better to have that than risk falling off the wagon. Maybe try something like that Ann?? It's good news you're in ketosis though! Fat burning here you come!!x

Just been to pee on a stick and it's a very satisfying shade of plum so definitely getting there. I am feeling a bit better now but it's been all day. Been starvin marvin!

That's good. Just make sure it's not too dark (the end of the scale colour) as that's too my and means you may need more water. A few more days and you'll get over the hunger and just have cravings which will get less and less. When's your weigh in? X

Wk 1 -8lb
Wk2 -6lb
Wk3 -3lb
Wk4 -4lb
Wk5 -3lb
Wk6 -3lb
Wk7 -3lb
Wk8 -STS :-(
Wk9 -STS :-( Again
Wk10 -4lb whoop whoop lol

Back