LighterLife - a diet designed for women.

Definitely another savoury-loving girl here! :D Flavours I'd like to see:

- tomato soup
- broccoli & stilton
- chicken tikka
- spag bol

And I could defo do with a coffee bar!

My dream bar would be tiramasu:drool:

I'm with you there! Or maybe a Brandy and Tia Maria bar??? *dribble*

Oh, ok, I'd settle for coffee too :)

- tomato soup
- broccoli & stilton
- chicken tikka
- spag bol

But there already is the first 2 flavours on your wish list Gobubbles! And you could always add some kind of Tikka flavouring to Chicken soup to make it chicken tikka flavour!

MM x

Except I just realised this is the lighterlife board and you don't have such flavour! You could still do the Chicken one though!
I'm so glad its almost the weekend - getting all confused!

MM x

It could be something to do with us ladies having emotions and therefore leading to emotional eating, the only thing to satisfy this hunger is sweet heavenly foods. Of course you men don't have emotions:eek:;):D

Now if I was a lady I might get upset at that and point out how stereotypical your view of men is, and how I am disgusted, upset and humiliated at how you have treated me.

As I am a man, I won't!

:D:D:D

But there already is the first 2 flavours on your wish list Gobubbles! And you could always add some kind of Tikka flavouring to Chicken soup to make it chicken tikka flavour!

MM x

I just heard that LL were experimenting with tomato soup, but never quite got the right taste/nutritional value ratio and so gave it up. Which kind of contradicts the rumour that the CD & LL foodpacks are made by the same people. Does anybody know that for sure? And if so, when can we get the extra flavours??? :cry:

Do tomato and broccoli & stilton SS taste any good?

mmmmm think I could kill for a nice piece of stilton now ... along with a bottle (cough or two cough) of red wine ;)

I don't mind the tomato (I'm more of a shake person though) and its the only flavour I'll eat although not many other people like it - its quite sweet and has a tendency to be quite frothy, I think as long as you remember its never going to taste like heinz its fine! As for the Broccoli and cheese flavour - I won't even try it as I hate broccoli and am a firm believer that cheese has no place in soup. I have heard from many sources (including my CDC) that it smells and tastes like feet and looks like snot though.

MM x

I I won't even try it as I hate broccoli and am a firm believer that cheese has no place in soup. I have heard from many sources (including my CDC) that it smells and tastes like feet and looks like snot though.

MM x

Firstly, Cheese has a place EVERYWHER!!! :rotflmao:

And based on your delectible description, I think I would pass on the soup!! :D

I thought it tasted just like cold sick .....BLURGHHHH!!!!

You should move over to cd then, as we have seven soups - chicken & mushroom, veg, spicy tomato, oriental chilli, brocolli & cheese, mushroom, and leek & potato. :D However, the soups are still out-numbered with ten shake flavours! We have six different flavoured bars, too - all sweet of course.

Personaaly (as a female), I wouldn't say that I had either a sweet or savoury tooth - I love all food equally! :p I think that the sweet toothed tendencies are quashed somewhat on a vlcd though, which leaves you craving savoury stuff. I've always said a savoury bar would be great!

Jo x

Bad Katie:eek: Remove those sinful thoughts!!;)

Tracey
x

LOL cheers Tracey - that's my bubble burst :rotflmao: ...... best take my bad thoughts back to Brad then :D

OK - I'm gonna throw my two pennies in now............ Not very often I get on a soap box, but am this time........

Firstly, I'm a fella (in case you hadn't noticed) and havn't had one of those god awful soups in weeks - I have a sweet tooth, always have and that is a major contributing factor to my obesity. I am not alone here, obesity is caused by one thing and one thing only - overeating food that is not good for you, in comparison, show me a fat person who got that way by eating too much salad - they simply do not exist. Why have a diet where the majority of "food" available is sweet? How is that reeducating us? Quiet simply it is keeping those flavours fresh in our mind.

The company was started in 1996 by Bar Hewlett, Sally Rettig and Jackie Cox. All three are woman. So no, a man wasn't involved in the setting up of lighterlife.

It is a well known, and well documented fact that women are more weight conscious then men - always have been. It is only in the past few years that men have really started to come forward to tackle their weight problems. Why have men not come forward before? Perhaps it's because men don't like to sit in mixed groups to discuss their "problem"? Go to a weight watchers or Slimmers world and stay for the meeting afterwards (I have done both so am talking first hand) how many men stay? For that matter, how many men go to weigh in at those meetings in comparison to woman, it is fewer than 20%. Lighterlife, I believe, is a pioneer in its approach to have men only councelling sessions.

There does need to be a rethink on the flavours available, with limited flavours boredom can quickly and easily set in, resulting in lapses. What about bars with nuts or seeds? something like a granola bar would be great.

At the end of the day, although this diet shows fantastic results and very quickly, lets face it ladies and gents, it's as boring as hell.

You make very good points Corey. Especially about the sweet stuff.

I think LL should be praised in arranging the diet for men, but wish they'd do some market research in the men's groups and look at it separately. I don't know the numbers but I would guess that 80% of lighterlifers are women which means that our views may disappear. Maybe an LLC would know whether the data from taste tests, questionnaires etc. is dealt with separately.

On the flavour front, I'll keep trying to come up with some new ideas so how about a chicken and herb bar ? or chicken tikka bar, or chilli peanut bar?

or a BBQ leg of lamb. Oh....whoops....we are talking about bars. hehehe I watched Jamie Oliver and he cooked the most gorgeous BBQ leg of lamb, so that is on my hit list for some time this summer!!!

Be interestng to know if your LLC has anything to say about how they design the products, based on male vs female trends, etc. Let us know what you find out.

In the mean time, Can they pleae make a Reese Peanut Butter Cup Bar? :D

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm marmite bar......mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm (in my best Homer SImpson impersonation :D)
I had EXACTLY the same thought! :gimi:

- tomato soup
- broccoli & stilton
- chicken tikka
- spag bol

Now you're talking!!

I wish I hadn't read this thread :rolleyes:

:drool: :drool: :drool:

I had EXACTLY the same thought! :gimi:

Now you're talking!!

I wish I hadn't read this thread :rolleyes:

:drool: :drool: :drool:

I am torturing myself today - made my hubby 5 peices of toast with butter and marmite....:drool::drool::drool: I t was sooooooo hard not to lic my fingers!!!

And now, I am watching 2 or 3 Jamie Olivers that I recorded - I love cooking the way he does - getting your hadns right in it, loads of herbs and spices.....it really is making me droool!!! heheeh ANd making me long for the end of summer! :D

Back