Lisa's Weight loss Diary - 4st to Lose

Definitely do Zafira. I love homemade soups and they are so easy to do. I make loads and freeze batches :) i then tend to take some and have it as a coup a soup if im feeling peckish mid morning. Good way to get some superfree in as well.

I do like Aldi and Lidl for their fruit and veg bit. It is usually really good value and my two hungry monsters love fruit so it costs me a fortune. I like those ready prepared bags, especially for veg soup. Jamie Oliver has a lovely carrot and coriander recipe on his website with i love so i tend to stick with that

B - toast (HEb)
L - pasta and sauce with Bacon and fruit and yogurt
D - Michael is making spag bol for tea :) He makes it from scratch so i can only see the syns really coming from the mince coz i can't imagine he will think to buy extra lean. As i don't plan on much syns today i think i can take that :)
Drinks - Coffee (HEa), coke zero

Last night for dinner i had Chicken curry and boiled rice at the kids party. I hardly had any sauce and just a bit of rice. I wasn't very hungry

Hope you are all having a fab weekend xx

Horrible Horrible day yesterday.... well thats not true, i had a fab day it was just horrible diet wise.

My day started with a full English Brekkie with the full works. We then went to Wales to take Michael's son home and decided to make a day of it because the boys were also with their Dad. Que the consumption of alot of alcohol :doh: Syn wise, there was just too many to count. I didn't have anything else to eat yesterday but did have lots to drink. I probably used my syn allowance for the whole week :( I don't tend to use that many syns on a daily basis and do save them for times like these so fingers crossed it wont effect weigh in too much. I have 3 days now to be super good and right my wrong.

On a plus note, i underestimated my amazing man and how supportive he was going to be. The spag bol tea he made on Saturday was made with extra lean mince from scratch with no jars used :) He's a good en :)

Food for the day

B -
1 X Hifi (HEb) Fruit and Yogurt
S - 1 x Hifi (HEb) and Apple
L - Mug shot with roast chicken & Apple
D - Non planned - It will no doubt involve chicken :)

I need to buy some scales. I know some people think that it's not a good thing to weigh inbetween weigh in's but i really benefit from weighing myself. It keeps me motivated to know how i'm doing over the week xx

I know! I think he recognises how down i am about it at the moment so is trying to be as supportive as he can. He actually joined slimmingworld with his ex a few years ago because she needed support so he does know the basics about the plan so is good where that is concerned.

Last nights tea was pork chops (fat removed), actifry chips and Veg

Tuesday food

B - 1 x hifi bar (HEb), Fruit & Yogurt
L - Pasta & Sauce (Tomato & Herb)
D - Pesto chicken with breadcrumb & parmesan topping (1 tablespoon reduced fat pesto 1.5 syns, Breadcrumb & Parmesan 3 syns) & Veg
Snacks - 1 x hifi bar & apples
Drinks - Water, Coffee (HEa) & Diet Coke
Syns - 4.5 for Dinner

Good day planned and can't see anything yet that may tempt me.... Poker tonight where there maybe Pizza laid on but i think i will be fine because it's usually a hot and spicy one that i don't like. I might take some fruit with me too so i at least have something to nibble on while the others are eating pizza :)

Last edited:
Well lunch didn't quite go to plan.... I had brought pasta and sauce with me to work but my lovely OH paid me a surprise visit and took me out for lunch. I chose wisely though and decided on a jacket potato and tuna. I was quite proud of myself for choosing that because in the past i have had a bad attitude towards eating out and would think, if i am paying for it then iwant it to be something i really want. I nearly did the same today but really want a loss tomorrow so stuck with the best option available :) x

Well done on going for the jacket potato and tuna Lisa

Your fella sounds like a superstar being so supportive and actually thinking to tailor the spag bol to your needs :D

Weigh in day!!!! :)

I'm quite looking forward to tonight. I feel soooo much better already for eating healthier and definitely feel less bloated. I usually weigh myself constantly throughout the week but i don't have any scales at the moment so i will be going into tonights weigh in completely blind. With it being my first week i would like at least 3lb but i know i have had a couple of slip ups so wont be too disappointed if it's less than that.

Dinner last night was absolutely gorgeous even if i do say so myself. I wish i had taken a pic of it but i didn't think. I took the recipe from the minimum ingredients thread mmmmm

Today's Food

B -
1 x Hifi Bar, apple and yogurt
Snack - 1 x hifi bar, Apple & Mugshot
L - The pasta and sauce i didn't have yesterday
D - We are off out to the Greek tonight for a treat. I have no idea what i will be having and i'm really not going to worry too much about it either.
Drinks - Coffee (HEa), water and maybe wine with tonights meal :)

Good luck for tonight.

I am on my 2nd day, and getting to grips with things. Just enjoyed home made shepherds pie with peas and carrots..mmm I just have to keep away from the chocolate!

Jo

Well i lost 1.5lbs in my first week. I was a little disappointed with that but hey ho a loss is a loss and i'm now on my way :)

I did cave in to my emotional eater side last night and had a chinese. I had a bad day with my ex husband yesterday and he is being a bit of a div so i let it get the better of me and had a chinese and bought a bottle of wine. Right back on it today though and set for another week :)

Food for Thursday

B -
1 x hifi bar (HEb) and an apple and a very strong coffee!! :)
Snack - Mugshot & 1 x hifi bar (HEb)
L - Jacket Potato & Spaghetti with Fruit
D - Something with chicken. I'm thinking it might be sweet chilli chicken rice but that may change
Drinks - Coffee (HEa), water & Diet Coke

x

:bighug: sorry your ex was being a bit of a pillock last night

You've got a week to put things right so don't beat yourself up over having the chinese :)

As you say you're on your way xx

Thanks Emmy :)

I used to have a chinese after fat club everyweek. I can usually absorb it because i hardly use my syns on a day to day basis.

I am feeling motivated for my week though and have turned down all manner of treats my work colleague has tried to throw at my today :) x

Happy Friday peeps.... Work today on what would usually be my day off :( We are mad busy at work at the mo so i'm being dragged in every Friday. Suppose it will be nice to have the extra money but i like my Friday with the boys.

Had a lovely tea last night. I ended up making the southern fried chicken from the fakeaway book with SW chips. So i used 3 syns on the breadcrumbs and 3 syns on oil for the chips. No other syns yesterday so that was 6 for the day :)

Friday's Food

B -
2 x hifi bar (HEb) & yogurt
Snack - Mugshot
L - Probably another mugshot
D - Meatballs and pasta with cheese (HEa) (recipe from the calander that came with the new magazine)
Drinks - Water & Diet Coke. No coffee for me today so i can use my HEa on cheese with my tea.

No syns planned yet so might treat myself to a bottle of cider later :) I am also definitely going to buy some scales after work today so i can track my weight during the week x

Really unimaginative start to my day as i wasn't very prepared this morning

Last edited:
I was a naughty girl last night.... :( i had planned on making meatballs and pasta but we ended up having a burger and chips from the takeaway instead. Really wish i hadn't had them and don't know why i did really.

I am off to Liverpool today to watch the football so i have no idea how im going to stick to plan but im definitely going to try. Ill take loads of fruit and resist a pre match burger if i can.
I don't have the boys tomorrow so i know we will probably be going out so i have to factor that in too x

Hi. I also have around 4 1/2stone to lose. I have lost 7 lbs so far so only 4 stone to go.

Looking forward to following your journey x

So i think we can establish that the weekends are my downfall..... horrible weekend foodwise again. I just don't cope well with it being so unstructured. During the week i'm at work so everything kinda has to be planned and i stick to it but the weekends just seem like a free for all. Football was shocking for food as well as the actual football lol I had a very SW friendly tea on Saturday though which was a meatball pasta bake from the calander that came with the new SW mag. That was very nice and i recommend it :) I have brought the leftovers for my dinner today :) Then yesterday we went out for Sunday dinner and then went out to play poker because i didn't have the boys. I am going to seriously have to start putting something in place for the weekend because they seem to be the thing that is ruining an otherwise very good week :(

Monday Food
B -
1 x Hifi Bar (HEb), Apple and Yogurt
Snack - Mugshot, Hifi bar & Apple
L - Meatball Pasta
D - Moroccan chicken butternut squash & rice
Drinks - Coffee (HEa) water, Coke Zero

Back