Low syn chocolate truffles!

I have just made some hazelnut ones and mint flavoured for taster tonight. Fingers crossed they will go down ok, will let you know.

I also thought about the rum flavoured ones lol x

Makes 20.
Syns for whole batch 24.5
2.5 syns for 2 truffles.

50g dark chocolate chips
113g quark
2 options indulgence sachets (any flavour)
28g chocolate sprinkles

Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave for about a minute, then stir until smooth.

Beat the quark until creamy. Add the chocolate and mix well.

Add the options indulgence sachets and mix

Using a teaspoon, make 20 blobs onto some greaseproof paper and put in the fridge to harden slightly. (About 20 minutes).

Remove from the fridge, and roll into balls with the palms of your hands.

Roll truffles in the chocolate sprinkles and put back in the fridge to set overnight. Once set store in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to eat.

I took these to class last night and they went down a storm! All I did was search for low fat truffles then changed a few ingredients to SW friendly ingredients!

Sorry to bump this thread but i was wondering if you have to use the indulgent options or can you use the normal sachets?
Great recipe btw! I always used to make truffles for xmas & thought i might have to go without this year! Thank you :D

I used the ordinary and they were lovely, just choose the flavour you want indulgence or not.

Mint flavoured ones went down a treat at my class.

These look amazing! I'm going to Asda today and now have all these ingredients on my list :)

I think I might try normal orange options...this should drop the whole recipe by 2 syns too! I work that out at 4.5 syns for 4 then? Yes please! :D

oo these sound lush!! will get these on the next shop also :D

We have a taster session next week and I have had a few requests for the mint flavoured ones again so guess what i'm making :D

Just had to bump this and thank the OP for this amazing recipe - I made 4 varieties of these to take to taster session tonight and they all went down a treat.

I made mint flavour, orange flavour (using mint/orange options), some rum ones (just added tablespoon of rum) and some white chocolate ones, using white choc and white choc options.

All bloomin' brilliant!

I have these in the fridge waiting to be rolled in to scrummy little truffles :). I used mint options i hope they will be as good as they look. yummy !!!!! xxx

I have some of these in the fridge now. To reduce the syns, I used a touch of vanilla essence instead of options sachets and am not going to coat them in chocolate sprinkles. Will post whether they are nice or not!!

These look absolutely amazing, if possible could you break down the syns for me so I can experiment with different amounts??

I found 100s and 1000s at 1 tsp = 1 syn is that the same as the sprinkles????

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Nom Nom
Need I say more!!

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Attachments

• image-2787687623.jpg
    image-2787687623.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 611
Yours look great, I think I used too much quark as mine didn't set hard enough in the fridge for me to roll them into balls lol, or maybe the vanilla essence effects the setting process?
I freezed them instead so they were like little chocolate dessert things lol, they were nice, I thought they have a bit of a yoghurty taste? Maybe it was just me though :D

Back