Lunch Ideas

Newbie needs lunches

Hey all,

Me and my partner have just joined S.W and seem to have got our heads round main meals but are struggling with ideas for lunches......
I'm a youth worker and often work very long days and don't always think ahead about whats for lunch. Any ideas people can help us with will be greatly appreciated (oh yeah and Anna can't eat pasta!) :confused:

Thanks

Hi Elerifairy and welcome!

Lunches were my big problem initially as I work in an office and havent time to pre cook at home etc. I am following Green during the week and Red at weekends because I found it much easier that way. For workday lunches I have Finn Crisp Crispbreads with Laughing Cow Extra Light triangles, all of which count as healthy extras. I would probably ALSO have fruit, a fat free yoghurt and for 2 Syns, Chocolate Options! Other days I have a baked potato with beans and cheese (also HEX), Crispbreads with Boiled eggs mushed with a little Lurpax Spreadable (which I syn). Then in Summer its easy - salads!!! If Im cooking at weekends I would make a Spanish Tortilla, all of which is free, and take that to work assuming I havent eaten it all in one go! This weekend I plan to pre bake 6 potatoes to take to work and stick in the microwave with a small time of beans (saving me £4.50 a time!). I am also hardboiling 6 eggs which will do for work or just nibbles at home!

Hope that helps!
Anna

What facilities do you have access too for making lunchs??

Kettle foods
for you then mugshots and cup a pasta
couscous
some supernoodles to go

Flasks/food flasks
homemade soups
Chillis
stew
currys

Microwave
leftovers from the night before ( make more so there are left overs!)

Have a good search here too, there have been many a thread on lunch ideas

I think leftovers is probably going to be the way to go, love the idea of doing lots of baked potatoes.
I guess its just getting ourselves organised! I find it hard though when I don't get in until 10pm and then have an early start as well! off sick at the moment so its not an issue this week :)

Have a look through the "what's for lunch tomorrow?" thread, you might get some ideas from there:)

The SW quiche is a good one to take to work, can be made the night before. or a co-op wholemeal pitta bread with chicken and salad?

hi i work nights..so my lunch is my breakfast so to speak,but i prefer red days as im a big meat eater..i like tinned mackeral,bacon,tuna,turkey in rolls or mixed with salad or pitta..i also have fruit and snack bar..if i do green it is that jacket potato,or cous cous with chopped peppers/mushroom..but its all about what u fancy,plenty of it with fruit or salad/veg like a mini dinner..soup always goes down well especially in this weather and u can prepare it to last a couple of days too :)

I agree PLAN PLAN PLAN.......... if time during the week is an issue, set aside some time at the weekend to batch cook ( and freeze) some things.

I often take left overs from the night before's dinner and warm them up. Or make up a SW quiche and take a slice of that. Or Asda chick pea dahl and cous cous with some veggies. Pasta salad is always nice. I never have soup - it just doesn't fill me up at all.

ideas for lunches

Hi everyone

firstly can anyone help me im knew to this site and im finding it really difficult in working it out so any help in how to set up profile with a picture and weight scale thing and accessing my messages would be much appreciated.

secondly, im returning to slimming world on wednesday after work...the problem i found last time was finding things to eat for lunch etc when on a green day...i suffer with ibs so need to be careful with bread, rice, pasta etc plus i found having to many green days resulted in a gain..any ideas as to what i could have on a green day would be muchly appreciated.

thanks

lms

Thanks for all your help, I'm sat planning all our meals for next week now before we go shopping. here's to a succesful week for all!

Hi and Welcome to Minimins and SW.
You will need to post 50 times to access a lot of the features like personal messages and profile pic. There are some tutorials on how to add weight tickers etc so get posting ( the chit chat games area is good for post boosting)

Have a search on the Recipe forum in SW there have been hundreds of lunch idea threads.

Do you have lunch at home or need things for work??
If at work what facilities do you have access to??

Hi
I do green weekdays, not because Im vegetarian but because a) its easier with an office job and b) bread doesnt agree with me either. Today I baked 6 large potatoes so that I have one a day with a snackpot of baked beans - into the microwave and hey presto! Also have 4 boiled in the fridge, Spanish Omelette, a stew made in the slow cooker and put into individual foil dishes (just warm up on plate in microwave) Cheese Triangles and Finn Crisp, lots of Snack Pot Yoghurts and in case of emergency or boredom, Fat Free Super Noodles!

Hope that helps :D

Lunch ideas - while at work

Hi guys,

It was great to come across this forum this evening, and to know that there is a few peeps in the same boat......

Anyway, i was looking for some quick and easy ideas for lunch while at work?

Can anyone help?

Thanx :eek:

thank you the idea of cooking the potatoes in advance is a really good idea...may do that...that means i can then have quorn pieces and veg in the vening rather than having more pot/rice.

ah i wondered if it was something to do with posting right better get commenting then....this site is so new and confusing..aaahhh

by any chance you wouldnt happen to know how many syns are in alepn light bars..x

Hiya! There are 3 syns in an Alpen Light or you can have 2 as your Healthy Extra B :D

I melt 2 choc and fudge Aplen lights in the microwave and stir them into a cheesecake Muller light (1 syn) and it tastes delicious!! ... :D

Back