Lurk no more, fat no more

as you cant have normal yog have you tried to make your own soya yog with you soya milk allowance or any other milk replacement you might use and if I were you I would 'cheat' and have one thrid less of milk and call the yog free - after all its got the calcium
if you want to try your own yog then make sure you use a live yog as your starter and pop warm milk a tablespoon of live yog into a vacuum flask and leave over night :) I have made milk yog like that I am fine with ordinary yog as the live cultures seem to change the milk proteins

have a great day whatever your plans its so lovely and sunny here - if I had an allotment I would be working on it today :)

Yeah I should cheat really and have a yog every day as one of my healthy a's as I don't often have an a choice as I don't really drink soy milk. Only thing I have is chocolate oat milk as its lovely as it is but its bloomin' expensive so can't have it every day. I'm not sure if you can get live soy yog though? Will have to look into it :) Ido find thr A's difficult as its cheese and milk, none of which I eat.

of course the weather will turn its called s0ds law :):)

have you tried koko milk substitute it is made from coconut milk and is enriched with calcium and b12 you can have 450ml (yes that is right) as a healthy a choice
I often use half of that in a rice pudding and cook it the night before (microwave) and have that with fruit for breakfast its really filling :)

Not tried the plain stuff but the choc one is lovely but much higher in saturated fat than the oat milk so its a rare treat. I don't really eat anything with milk in (cereal, coffee/tea, rice pudding etc) so I struggle to get milk stuff down me unless I can just drink it straight will have to think of something I can have it with...

Hi again,

I did think of doing that - but thought I'd see how it goes on WW first. Very good of you to offer me your old books - I have some old ones if I decide to do that, thanks.

Well, the 1st week I struggled. Had to eat food I didn't particularly like, didn't drink enough (too many points), was hungry every day and only lost a pound & half. I'm hoping it was coz of the bread the night before WI - but I didn't feel as if I lost any so at least it wasn't a surprise. Was so fed up tho I went a bit crazy on the day (Thurs) which was double daft as I was out Sat, eating pizza & drinking. Ah well. I'm resigned to it now so will carry on. I don't really go out much so shouldn't have too many days like that. As for things I like, meat subs - Fry's etc, pie & cake.

Very well done on the half stone & a half loss; hope you didn't do too much damage the weekend.

Well, I must go. I'll drop by in here now & again, if that's okay with you all - I'm a refugee from WW ;-)

Ooooh that doesn't sound good :( Could you secretly do slimming world instead of WW but still get weighed in there so the weekly group is still there? I think I have my books still which were replaced by newer ones in December that I could send you? The changes that happened to warrant a new book don't really apply to vegans as you'd be on the green plan anyway. I know what you mean about the weekly weigh in, it does motivate me so much more than if I was doing it myself at home. No 'audience' at home haha!

I couldn't not eat fruit and veg. It would do me in, I had to pretty much eat carbs when I was in Spain last week as everything was drowning in meat/cheese/other rubbish, I have never felt so sick. Chips, bread, crisps which are all nice things in moderation but man, eating that for a week straight has put me off!! What sort of stuff do you like?

Glad you enjoyed my rambling haha, hope you get some good results for your first weigh in x

I hope you have a lovely day today and can stay on track food wise
I am have fruit and yog for breakfast
I am making a huge veggie frittata with lots of super free veg in
have no idea what dinner will be

so whats on your food plan then - I really need to pinch some ideas for dinners :)

Just had some linda macartney sausages with fried mushrooms, onions and garlic with 2 slices of nimble (HEXB)
Lunch gonna be a stir fry i think although i might not be hungry enough so will have some fruit salad and yogurt if so.
Dinners gonna be veggie fried rice with green veg, kidney beans etc, some salad, and some fajita spiced fried mushrooms, peppers and onion. so a whole load of fruit and veg :)

I'm getting a bit stuck on dinners too as the days heat up and I fancy less and less stodge...

I like the sound of your dinner last night you could do a cold version with couscous as that will be refreshing :)

and you have inspired me I am going to be looking up the allotment society here and apply - might be a long waiting list but I still want one :):)

right off to google them
H xx

Do it!!! Allotments are wicked, goos exercise, plus it really helps with depression I've found as it gives me a purpose to a day off work and gets me out toiling in the sunshine (when it decides to show up anyway!) PLUS you get free food :)

Got weigh in tonight - not sure how I feel about it, I've been pretty good with food since the weekend's drinking, and been at work since Sunday morning which is usually a good thing but one of our chaps is very ill so I've done pretty much no exercise. I've been house/car bound for 4 days or so and I'm fed up of it; craving some outdoor time and using my legs!! So not sure how its going to go at weigh in really...hmmmm

2lbs off tonight!!! my hard work this week has obviously paid off :D

Now to just make sure I don't put all the month's hard work back on this weekend at a cider festival *gulp*

Cider festival was tres fun...just got back, unpacked...now packing for 2 day long shift at work starting tomorrow morning LOL!!!

Am sure I have gained some over the weekend but I had fun. Fingers crossed a good 3 days can undo some of the damage, back on track tomorrow and set up for a clear few weeks :)

All sounds good to me
life has to be lived and we need to curtail the damage after - we can just eat well all the time thats not natural
glad you are ready to get back to it
I had my determined head on yesterday and did fine :):)
H xx

Oooh well done you :) I love the feeling you get when you're back on track...I'm pretty much there, a little over on syns yesterday but couldn't be helped as I couldn't get to a proper supermarket before starting work yesterday and vegan options in tesco express etc are piss poor.

days like yesterday are why I love my job, I did a 24 hour shift from 7.30 am but most of the day was in the park with the guy I support having it on the swings. I'm looking very, very dark now as I was in the sun all weekend too! Am with the same guy all day today too so fingers crossed for more outdoor fun if he fancies it :)

Got thurs and fri off this week, lots to do!! Need at least a full day on the allotment (Friday) tomorrow I have 3 doctors appointments, sigh (they kindly put them all after each other though and it starts at 8am after my shift finishes at work so not too bad) thrn doing bits around the house...garden, allotment, need to go to the tip, buy vinyl flooring for me van and fit it...bleurgh. And gt weighed at 5.30, go to supermarket...

Eugh my stomach is churning today...really hungry but stuck at work until tomorrow. Think ill be ok once have lunch later a ms I have a nice big stir fry which will fill me up. Eating loads of fruit and yogurt for brekkie doesn't keep me full for long at all.

Now I love my fruit and yoggie for breakfast - BUT I have to admit to having half a large punnet of strawberries or a whole one of raspberries and as for froen fruit a packet of that only last me three days - I love my friut for breakfast and try to have two differnt ones to count towards my 5 a day :):)

your job sounds lovely - can I ask what it is you do - sounds like some sort of support worker -
good luck with all those appointments
my sw weigh in is tomorrow morning and I have a psych appointment at lunch time :)

be great to get those issues sorted out
H xx

I usually have fruit for brekkie but I think today I needed carbs, like some scrambled tofu/beans/bread etc. just about got my snacking under control now and sat back in the sun :)

' I look after adults with autism and challenging behaviour...it's a strange job, you have days like this spent lounging in the sun, then days being verbally and physically abused, spat at, hit at etc. it's not for everyone and I'd like to work with younger people who aren't as violent one day but I love autism and the way the autistic mind works...

good luck for weigh in - getting so close to your next goal, fingers crossed. My weigh in is tomorrow afternoon :) good luck for psych, I always used to request such appointments in the morning so i had less time to think and worry. Xxx

Doctors all finished...until next saturday. eugh. Sommat up with my lung capacity, so having it followed up now :(

I had to step on the doc's scales, they had me at 88kgs which means I've put on 2-3lbs over the weekend which is to be expected but I'm hoping for it to be a wee little less at weigh in tonight!

Just had a massive cooked breakfast/brunch, about to head to the allotment and get in 4-5 hours of body magic then head to SW.

1lb gain which I am very happy with considering the weekend I had!

Aiming for a 3lb loss for next Thursday, the week is clear and I have LOTS of exercise to be done between now and then. Got my shopping for the rest of the week, and bulk cooked a chilli which is going in the freezer. Done a lovely meal plan up until Sunday, going to sit and do one for Monday-Thursday in a min :) Feels good to be organised, just hope it pays off on the scales next week!

Back