'MAGIC PORRIDGE'

It is Sonia....X

Thanks for this. I've had it a few times now for breakfast and saves me using me HEA on milk when I'm doing extra easy.

We used to make this on ww but it was called Swiss Bircher and you grated an apple into it and any other fruit you wanted like strawberries, rasps, blueberries and added the flavoured yogurt and it was real filling and we made up enough to do 2 days as it keeps ok in fridge. If it turns out too stodgy just add some more yogurt or splash of skimmed milk to thin or even bit of water.

you can also use that bags of frozen fruits as they are defrosted by morning, I have done it with the tropical fruits from asda and the forest fruits.

Well I'd leave it 2/3 hours so that the porridge oats begin to soften and thicken with the yoghurt - it's best left overnight really to get the real creamy taste of it. X

Had my magic porridge and it was lovely. Makes a nice quick and filling breakfast in a morning. Good as a time saving brekkie when in a rush. I just had to add a dash of milk as it had been in the fridge since 3pm yesterday lol. The only downside is my 10 year old tried it and he liked it hmmmmmm can see that I will be having to fight him for my brekkie in a morning at this rate. Either that or my fridge will be full of bowls of magic porridge for the whole family. Thanks Donnie46 for the recipe. xx

had it this morning, yum yum. It is a geart way of getting healthy extra.

will be having it again

thanks karen for the recipie

I'm going to do this for tomorrow. First day back to school properly (ie with my class back) so healthy, filling, quick-start breakfast is just what I need.

KarenK - just think what good eating habits you're teaching your son! He could be wanting coco-pops instead. I'd do him the magic porridge!

Mine's ready and my son has made his own but he put milk in his instead of yoghurt lol, suppose the principal is still the same. Its sat in the fridge ready for tomorrow. I had strawberry today but going to try an apricot one tomorrow. Think i might add a banana tomorrow to bulk it out a bit. xx

Back