Magic Porridge

I tried magic porridge this morning... not a fan. I can't get around the flavour of the muller light being the wrong consistency because of the oats. Now I can't get the taste out of my mouth either. I'll stick to Alpen bars or wholemeal bread (egg with soldiers!)

I used a vanilla one. I don't even think warmed up I could stomach it. I've had a mushroom and cheese omelette for lunch... can still taste the 'porridge'

im on day 2 of magic porridge. im reserving judgement at the moment.

have had 2 lots of mango and passionfruit, am trying pineapple and peach tomorrow. will see what happens.:D

can you heat it up then?

I much prefer natural yoghurt and added fruit. Grated apple is lovely.

is the grated apple free?

sounds lovely, do you add it during or after its nightly soak?

Grated apple is free and I add it before "the soak" :) I call it Swiss Bircher which I believe has seeds and sultanas in (I wish!!)

I often make the Bircher muesli, almost to the original recipe. Soak the oats overnight in just enough water to cover. Then in the morning add plain yogurt and a chopped apple. And that's it. I don't find it necessary to add any sweetening. Chopped nuts optional (I don't like them).

The original recipe used cream and lemon juice, or condensed milk (it was invented before refrigeration was widely available, so keeping cream fresh would have been a problem). I do remember making it years ago with condensed milk and it was lovely - might try that again some time when I have syns to spare!

thanks for the recipe ideas x

Back