Matt's Journey: Yesterdays Tomorrow

2lb off, puts me at the 1 stone mark which is a mini goal achieved.

Slightly disappointed, if my body went by the science of calorie count and calorie burn, it would have been closer to 4lbs, have decided to half my predictions on my calorie deficit, so that maybe I am less :( and more :) on weight in day.

But then I guess we all feel like that :D

Great loss and great goal to reach. Congratulations on stone 1, here's to many more!!! :)

1 stone is fantastic, well done. Don't forget, exercise can throw your predictions out sometimes. Either way, still a great loss, well done.

Brilliant loss!

Oh dear.

Weigh in day tomorrow and today so far I have had 4 samosas, that were bought into the office to celebrate something.:eek: Cant even remember what now.

Hotel I am in also has no heating in the swimming pool so my excercise this week has suffered a bit.:sigh:

Guess I will have to try work extra hard this evening.

Don't worry about it. We all have weeks when we feel we could have done better, its because we are so conscious of our bodies these days. It can't be helped when life and work get in the way.
You may be pleasantly surprised come WI tomorrow. Fingers are crossed :)

Hope weigh in still goes well

Geek alert.

Ok, been to gym still no swimming but got a little over an hour cardio in.

Have crunched the numbers in myfitness and I am still within my calorie allowance, just not as far under it as I was last week, although last week I didnt have a massive loss, so maybe I need to be using a few more calories up anyway. Roll on tomorrow.

Week 1
Food 11,919
Exercise 5,604
Net intake 6,315
Allowance (incl 2lb reduction) 13,020
Deficite above 2lb 6,705

Week 2 (6 days worth)
Food 12,292
Exercise 5,015
Net intake 7,277
Allowance (incl 2lb reduction) 11,100
Deficite above 2lb 3,823

Loving the number crunching, wish I could be bothered to do it for myself. :)

1lb off, fairly disappointed again.

Really seem to be fighting for every weight loss. I come in under my allowance every day and am doing cardio exercise for at least 1 hr 5 days a week now, plus 30min walk each day.

My lifestyle has changed so much I would have expected the weight to just melt off for the first few months.

The numbers really arent stacking up, either I totally cant count or I am turning into Arnold Schwarzenegger without actually doing weight training.

On the plus side, I was able to bend down and pick something up i had dropped without going red in the face.

But still disappointment reigns, begone lbs.

I think I need to stop watching fat programmes on TV, one guy last night lost near enough 100lbs in 6 months at my rate I'd be lucky to do that in 2 years.

Oh Matt, sorry you're disapointed. 1 pound is great though.

I know how you feel, I only lost 1 pound this week and I'm really p'eed off because I have been working my ass off!!!
Sometimes when we workout hard our bodies need time to adapt, I'm wondering if in a couple of weeks things will have balanced itself out and you'll get some decent losses. I really hope so.
Just remember though, you are changing and improving your body for the long term and all the exercise you are doing is prolonging your life and making you so much fitter and healthier. I know its disheartening, but you really are doing the right thing.

Great news on the bending down by the way, that just shows you that things are improving!! :)

Thank you Squeezyweezy,

My PT has been round, I told him the same thing, he says that, when our 6 weeks are up he can redo the measurements he took on day 1 and will be able to say within a pound or 2 how much fat I've lost over the 6 week period.

His advice was the same as yours.

I think our 6 weeks will be up next friday its either 17th or 24th, cant remember now if the fitness assesment counted as week 1, so fingers crossed that will be a decent figure as then I guess I will know for sure if I have lost fat and gained muscle, or, If I am just some sort of freak of nature.

I am remotivated till I see that figure.

I'm hoping for a similar result when my 6 week programme finishes. Sounds like we're in a similar situation.
Keep your chin up though Matt in the mean time :)

Maybe try and cut back the exercise a little? Or up your calories to make a deficit of 7000 a week (2lbs) and see how that goes.

It doesn't sound like you're overexercising to me. I think it is very tough to be accurate on calories without being able to weigh EVERYTHING. Those of us who have been doing this for years (I'm 40 years and counting lol) still tend to weigh stuff cos it is so easy to add a bit extra. Things like sandwiches and sauces are notorious for being packed with extra unnecessary cals and a small extra spoonful of rice/pasta/potatoes can add another 100 cals all of which add up. For me, I'm basically calorie counting but when I can't control what I eat I often use a slimfast shake instead. Better than grabbing fast food. For meals out I tend to go for plain meat/fish and lots of green veg. Or a baked potato with no butter. I avoid salad as I only really like the mayo salads like coleslaw and, again, these are so high in cals. When you're at home try measuring out your favourite foods to get "your eye in" for when you eat out. Sadly, portions of things like meat and cheese are way smaller than you expect :(

Sorry if this is teaching you what you already know but hope it helps. Good luck.

Well this really is 1lb at a time, another lb off this week, why oh why cant it be more :cry:

Kind of resiegned to the fact now this is going to be a very long and slow process no matter what I do, as I cant believe muscle is still developing after 5 weeks of just cardio. I'm almost tempted to go to the docs to see if I have something wrong with me :D.

Still, next week is the last week with the PT, so, should find out fat loss and muscle growth in lbs from him.

Oh and this makes 5% loss.

I really think that it'll be because of the exercise. My losses vary now between 0.5lbs and 1.5lbs a week whereas before they were 2-3lbs all because of the exercise that I'm doing. Make sure you're eating enough, maybe give eating back half of your exercise calories a try and see how that goes? Sometimes our bodies need a little more to give up the fat, strange concept I know. I've just started trying to do it and it is a strange concept and hard to make yourself do at first but it seems to be working.

Hi matt, just been reading the last few entries of your diary and I know exactly how yr feeling and funnily enough I was discussing with OH last night how I might
make an appointment at docs. I'vehoot 4 stone to loose, I've been running now for 6 wks 3 times a week, exercise class once a week and calorie counting for the last 2 weeks with very little results. I suppose I have to look at the bigger picture, it's taken me 11 years to get myself into this condition, am I expecting too much for the weight to just melt away? In 6 months I have changed my life for the better, have given up smoking, and taking regular exercise 4 times a week my body must be wondering what the heck is going on lol!
Let's keep up the good work and I'm sure we wk start to see some great results
Claire x

Hi Matt, don't feel let down by loosing 1lb. I know it's hard but I totally agree with Caroline, it's definitley the exercise. Will be really interesting to see what your measurments, I think you will be very pleasantly surprised! :) xx

We will have the results in a few hours as we retook the measurments this morning. Just waiting for him to crunch the numbers and send the report.

I thought the 6 weeks was up today but last week he told me it was next week.

While we where doing the test he took BP and said it was low and that I had to go dr's, I went and Dr told me it was good to be low as it reduced the risk of strokes etc.

Anyway, while I was there the Dr asked me to go back next week for blood test that will include checking thyroid, so I will be doing that next Friday morning, no idea how long results take to come back, imagine with nhs it will be weeks rather than days or hours :D. Can only do these things Fridays or Mondays as I'm away the rest of the week.

Back