McFatty Von Chocolate: A Diary & Blog (2012)

Food Diary: Extra Easy Day

• B/F: Oatso Simple Porridge (HEX A + B) with Frozen Mixed Berries
  • Lunch: Chicken & Vegetable Soup (Chicken, Chicken Stock, Potatoes, Spaghetti, Leeks, Carrots, Parsnips) & Free Cheese Scones (Cottage Cheese, Smash, eggs)
  • Dinner: Chicken & veg Soup, 2 Cheese Scones
  • Snacks: Activia Raspberry Snackpot, Raspberries, Banana, Clementine, Alpen Light Bar (3)
  • Treat: Options Hot Chocolate (2)

Total Syns:

17.30 ~

I probably look really boring having chicken soup all the time, but the fact of it is, there's loads left and it tastes really really good! :D Plus I'm still on my own with my daughter (who also loved the soup btw) so it was just that much easier. Really looking forward to burgers tomorrow though... hope hubby isn't working too late!

Food Diary:
Extra Easy Day

• B/F:Slimming World's Full English (Bacon, Eggs, Baked Beans, 2 x Tesco Half Fat Sausages (4) 2 x slices Wholemeal Toast (HEX B)
  • Lunch: Omelette (Eggs, Mushrooms, Turkey Ham, Reduced Fat Cheddar (HEX A)
  • Dinner: Salmon, Steamfresh Vegetables
  • Snacks: Alpen Light Bar (3)
  • Treat: Graze Brazil Nuts & Chocolate (10)
Total Syns: 17

Diary:

15:00 ~
Maisey finally went for her afternoon nap so I get a chance to update! Not been to bad so far today but I'm really lacking in superfree foods so far. I was going to have some fruit after breakfast but I ended up not feeling hungry, and I didn't want to eat just for the sake of it, not even fruit! I think I'd better start having some fruit before I have a full english (my usual weekend breakfast) so that I can make sure I get my third superfree in. There's not a whole lot of green in this diary so far...

Hubby's been called in to work but if we're lucky he'll only get a few calls, so I hope we'll both be able to eat a proper dinner tonight. The end of the week is always the worst to organise, as we are more like ships in the night at this point than a family sitting down together for supper. It can't be helped - but I am going to try and plan ahead for it next week, to make sure I can cook something simple in the evening that me and Maisey can eat, but I can still keep a portion aside for him to eat when he gets home.

Food Diary:
Red Day

• B/F: Oatso Simple (HEX A + B) with Frozen Berries
  • Lunch: Slimming World's Full English (Bacon, Eggs, 2 x Tesco Half Fat Sausages (4) 2 x slices Wholemeal Toast (HEX B)
  • Dinner: Hubby's Lean Mean Beefburgers (Lean Minced Beef, 1 Egg, Onions, Secret Spices) served with Side Salad, Cheddar Cheese (HEX A)
  • Snacks: Graze Cheddar Gorge (7)
  • Treat:
Total Syns: 11

Diary:

19:00 ~
ARGH! I was all set for a really good day, and adding everything up I just realised how much bread I've had so far. I'm still planning on burgers for tea..... but it looks like I'm going to have to cut out the buns, or at least one of them, so that I can come a bit closer to my 15syn limit today.

God, this is really irritating. On days where I feel like I'm doing really well, I look back and see that actually, I could have done a whole lot better. Again, my superfree foods aren't anywhere near where they should be, I'm' coming in just over my syns and I'm comfort eating on bread like there's no tomorrow! I wish I could blame it on it being my star week (which it is)... but I just have to face up to the facts on this one and admit that it's no one's fault but my own.

Going to try my best to have burgers and salad tonight with no buns. Maybe a big salad on the side, and a bit of cheese melted on top to make it feel a bit more indulgent. I really hope tomorrow is a better day....

21.30 ~

I just wanted to stop by and celebrate!

I managed to have the burgers without their buns, and I'm now feeling very good about myself. I've also made a promise to myself to do something about my Blogger blog's layout. I've been using a really weird template for a long time now, so I've taken it back to something much simpler, and I'm working on a few drawings which I want to convert into banners. It helps to keep me busy and stop me from mindlessly snacking, so it's a win win!

That's all for tonight!

Food Diary:
Red Day
(Italics = Planned food)

• B/F:Oatso Simple (HEX A + B)with Frozen Berries
  • Lunch: Chicken & Vegetable Soup (Chicken, Stock, Potatoes (1), Carrots, Leeks, Parsnips, Swede)
  • Dinner: Chicken & Vegetable Soup (Chicken, Stock, Potatoes (1),Carrots, Leeks, Parsnips, Swede) 1 Wholemeal Bun (HEX B)
  • Snacks: Alpen Light bar (3), Banana, Pineapple,Clementine, Muller Fruit Corner (5)
  • Treat: Options Hot Chocolate (2) made with Skimmed Milk (HEX A)
Total Syns: 12

Diary:

12.20 ~
Just scoffed a big bowl of soup, feeling mightily satisfied for now. Unfortunately I couldn't hold back that little bit longer so I've ended up having a pretty early lunch. The good thing is I went swimming again this morning! Probably the first time in about a fortnight, so I'm really happy I did that.

If I'm feeling particularly brave tonight I might even brave the aqua aerobics class again, but at eight o clock in the evening... well frankly I'm ready to collapse. So we'll see.

21.30 ~
Okay, so I had more soup instead of the Pork Sweet & Sour I'd planned. Quite boring, yes, but really filling, and packed with superfrees, which can only be a good thing. I switched to a red day halfway through the day, as it turns out I can do that sometimes. All I had to shift over was the potatoes in the soup - I only counted them as a syn or two because let's face it, even in a whole bowl fo soup I had maybe... three chunks of potato? Hardly breaking the syn bank as far as I can see :)

Good day today. Weigh in is coming tomorrow - hope I get some good news!

Back