Cruise PP Microwave 'muffins' (also Attack and Conso)

I tried these in the microwave yesterday and today I didn't want to use the wheat bran so added an extra egg white and cooked in the oven. Really nice, thank you.:)

This recipe is a lifesaver! I'm just expecting them to make me put on weight by default :-S i've replaced the baking powder with a 1/4 tsp baking soda and omitted the wheat bran until I can get it. Today I made mine with mixed spice, orange flavouring and my daily allowance of goji berries. Hot cross buns, here I come! ;-)

Will be trying these later I think. They sound yummy.

I tried to make these yesterday to have them today..
Then I wanted to try one, before I knew I ate them all, oops! :D
I added toffee flavored coffee and a little cinnamon.. I wish I tried them earlier!

Made a batch of these for tomorrow..

Split the mixture & added cocoa powder to one half..

Then added one drop of normal batter one drop of cocoa on at a time into each muffin case..

Mini dukan marble cakes :)

What can you use in steadof wheat bran if your wheat intolerant ??? , iam and i have to keep my intake of wheat to the bare minimum...sorry to be a pain, xx

Hi ya, what should I be looking for when buying the flavourings? ie sugar and carb content.

I think I might try a cinnamon version when I get home...yum!

Thanks for the recipe xx

all my muffins are made with eggs 'together' have only ever done one lot seperately and what a faff LOL. None of them rise much, but not bothered as its the 'something sweet' that I'm going for. thanks for this recipe, can't wait to try it. I do like my porridge for breakfast but could halve the recipe for a days portion, or put half in a tub for tomorrow. I store in the fridge if only keeping them for a day, otherwise i freeze my muffins.

Hi ya, what should I be looking for when buying the flavourings? ie sugar and carb content.

Make sure they are not oil based. Most flavourings from somewhere like Asda are ok. Check out the post on here for Preema Flavourings.

I wanted to share this pic with you. I made the muffins again the other day and todays supper two were the last lot. I sweetned some quark, sliced the muffins in half and spread the quark in the middle, added a few goji berries and put the top back on, and did the same again. I ended up with two layered muffins. Hmmmm very nice.

Goji Layered Muffins.jpg

Just to go slightly off topic...I have been plumping up my goji berries in a bit of water either overnight in the fridge or with hot water when I make my cuppa. then adding to yoghurt and a sprinkling of sweetner-delicious :)

Where you buy these berries from and how much do they cost?

Hi I'm a newbie Dukaneer on day 4 of attack (day 3 was a nightmare total fish and chip craving meltdown!) anyhoo just wanted to share some of the things I have tried so far

1) Sushi - 1 seaweed sheet, spread with philly extra light and then top with turkey slices or crabsticks whatever you want, roll up and slice into bitesize sushi pieces, this is suprising nice especially if you love sushi so I would recommend you give it a go. You can buy seaweed sheets in the supermarket, sometimes says sea vegatable nori on and its about £2.99 for 7 sheets but if you count 1 sheet a day thats a weeks worth. - warning dont just have this for lunch on its own because although its very nice I also had a chicken leg and yog otherwise I would have been hungry.

2) I used a muffin recipe I found on here and for flavouring added a tsp of oregano and used philly extra light instead of quark, black pepper then cooked in the microwave for 4 minutes. Then I topped it with 2 pieces of bacon with no fat for my brekkie, it was really yum but a bit of philly spread on would have been even better.

3) Tofu lasagne - having bought some firm tofu I had no idea what to do with it so decided to try using it as lasagne. I sliced it thinly, added black pepper, fry lighted in pan, cooked some mince with onion, 1 stock cube and a squirt of tomato puree, stacked the tofu 'lasagne' and meat together and topped with philly extra light mixed with a splash of milk, nutmeg and black pepper - was pretty good!

I cooked a chicken the other day and roasted some onions at the same time and have been chopping bits off the onions and adding these to everything i.e omlettes/quiche etc so I would highly recommend this as it has added quite a bit of flavour for me.

I also tried a cottage cheese cheesecake and whilst it tasted nice the consistency was totally weird - will try whizzing up next time!!

Good luck everyone and stick at it!

Just to go slightly off topic...I have been plumping up my goji berries in a bit of water either overnight in the fridge or with hot water when I make my cuppa. then adding to yoghurt and a sprinkling of sweetner-delicious :)

I dothat all the time, very yum. LOL. They nice in the muffins too, as well as on top,

Back