Cruise PV MiniBean's Dukan Diary

As a bit of a chocoholic, I literally can't wait until cocoa powder can be back in my life!

Sididd... That sounds amazing. Is there a recipe on here?

The one I use is Ellies on the recipe thread, for the basic muffins but as for flavourings I love choc, orange, caramel and praline from the Dukan shop xxx

Well done MB you're doing fantastic - you seem very adventurous in the kitchen - you'll love the recipe thread on here - muffins, diet coke chicken and rhubarb clafoutis are favourites!! Keep up the good work :)

Thanks Sididd, I'll check it out! The flavourings sound great.

Thanks scooter! I do really enjoying cooking & being creative - so far, I'm finding it quite easy on Dukan.

Feeling positive today as we went house hunting (exciting in itself), but instead of just hoping I could find something Dukan friendly to eat, I packed myself a lovely little lunch filled with Dukan attack goodies. Treated myself to a cappuccino & felt very pleased!

Attack - Day 6 (4.1.14)

As I said in the above - today was a busy day of house hunting. Fingers crossed for Mr Mini & I please!

This evening was a toughie - dinner didn't completely fill me up, and plain or almond flavoured cottage cheese or yogurt wasn't cutting it, so I had a little cheat & put 1 teaspoon (cooking measure, not a standard teaspoon!) of cocoa in with some almondy cottage cheese. OMG, it was heaven! It's one day early, but it can't hurt that much... Can it?

Also, another 2lbs off this morning. 10lbs now - am so pleased!

Breakfast: 'Overnight' oat bran porridge.

Mid morning: Cappucino

Lunch: snacks of - turkey, ham, cottage cheese & prawns (all on the go).

Mid afternoon: Diet Pepsi

Dinner: Skinless chicken drumsticks marinated overnight in yogurt, mustard, paprika, garlic & red wine vinegar. Nom! Followed by the naughty but nice cocoa almond cottage cheese.

Can't wait for veggies tomorrow!

Thoughts on attack

Now attack phase is over, I wanted to jot down a few thoughts I've had about the last 6 days.

Firstly, attack is hard... Really hard at times. I can see why people find it difficult and fall off the wagon (so to speak). This is, hand on heart, the first time I've followed the first phase of any diet without a cheat, or some chocolate, or tears along the way, but that doesn't mean it's easy - I think I've just finally reached a point where I really want to make changes.

I can see & feel a difference already. So can Mr Mini (who I love dearly, but isn't the most observant man in the world...so if he can see it, it's saying something!). Within the first couple of days my wedding ring was loose on my finger, and now my waist seems more defined. I've got rid of 11lbs in total, and now want to lose 29lbs more to get to my True Weight.

In short - Attack has given me the boost I needed. Short, sharp & with great results. Now I feel ready to start cruise.

If anyone reading this is even remotely considering doing Dukan as they face the new year - do it, you won't regret it! But first - get smart. Read the book, read websites, read the posts on here and then go and get your fridge stocked. You'll make things easier for yourself by being prepared.

Keep thinking thin! :)

Last edited:
Well done Mini on the 11 lbs!!!
I'm currently on day 4 of Attack and have lost 5 lbs! I would love it to get into double numbers, but I've stopped smoking aswell and have an underactive thyroid so I'm doing excellently so far!
Tonight's tea is lean pork marinated in garlic and chilli, going to make a creamy peppercorn sauce with quark! (hopefully will turn out nice!)
I've not cheated yet even thought I have wine, cider and whisky in the house, crisps and chocolates left over from Xmas. Been looking at the box of Thornton's wistfully! Ha ha!
Hope you keep updating, I'm finding peoples diaries inspiring!

Thoughts on attack...

Now attack phase is over, I wanted to jot down a few thoughts I've had about the last 6 days.

Firstly, attack is hard... Really hard at times. I can see why people find it difficult and fall off the wagon (so to speak). This is, hand on heart, the first time I've followed the first phase of any diet without a cheat, or some chocolate, or tears along the way, but that doesn't mean it's easy - I think I've just finally reached a point where I really want to make changes.

I can see & feel a difference already. So can Mr Mini (who I love dearly, but isn't the most observant man in the world...so if he can see it, it's saying something!). Within the first couple of days my wedding ring was loose on my finger, and now my waist seems more defined. I've got rid of 11lbs in total, and now want to lose 29lbs more to get to my True Weight.

In short - Attack has given me the boost I needed. Short, sharp & with great results. Now I feel ready to start cruise.

If anyone reading this is even remotely considering doing Dukan as they face the new year - do it, you won't regret it! But first - get smart. Read the book, read websites, read the posts on here and then go and get your fridge stocked. You'll make things easier for yourself by being prepared.

Keep thinking thin! :)

Mini well done your in the zone and an inspiration to any newbies who have just begun or are thinking of joining us xxx

Well done Mini on the 11 lbs!!!
I'm currently on day 4 of Attack and have lost 5 lbs! I would love it to get into double numbers, but I've stopped smoking aswell and have an underactive thyroid so I'm doing excellently so far!
Tonight's tea is lean pork marinated in garlic and chilli, going to make a creamy peppercorn sauce with quark! (hopefully will turn out nice!)
I've not cheated yet even thought I have wine, cider and whisky in the house, crisps and chocolates left over from Xmas. Been looking at the box of Thornton's wistfully! Ha ha!
Hope you keep updating, I'm finding peoples diaries inspiring!

Hi and welcome, be careful with pork it could stall you. Your off to an excellent start well done xxx

Hi and welcome, be careful with pork it could stall you. Your off to an excellent start well done xxx

Thank you! I know Pork isn't the best meat to have but I have an intolerance to Chicken and Eggs so that rules alot out. I had Pork Chops other day and seems to be ok. I've been having loads of seafood.

You've done so well!! Congratulations!

xx

Thanks Chezza - sounds like you're doing brilliantly! Well done! It must be hard having an intolerance to chicken and eggs - don't know how i could have survived this week without them both. Hats off to you! :)

Mini well done your in the zone and an inspiration to any newbies who have just begun or are thinking of joining us xxx

Aww, thanks Sididd... You've made me blush!

Thanks Chezza - sounds like you're doing brilliantly! Well done! It must be hard having an intolerance to chicken and eggs - don't know how i could have survived this week without them both. Hats off to you! :)

It's a new-ish intolerance I have so it takes some getting used to. That is why I'm using Pork. But I LOVE all seafood so that helps.
Also, I've been having Sparkling water with a sugar free dilute (very weak), usually apple, tastes a bit like cider so I prentend! Ha ha!

Going to carry on with Attack until at least Wednesday, I'm finding it easier than I thought, especially with stopping smoking aswell!

Just hoping Brussell Sprouts are on the list for the next phase :)
xx

Just hoping Brussell Sprouts are on the list for the next phase :)

I'm pretty sure they are - they aren't starchy, so can't see why they wouldn't be. One of the more experienced Dukaners might need to double check that though... I can't stand brussels!

Cruise - PV day (5.1.14)

Cruise has started well ( I think...). It surprised me really - after thinking about vegetables all week, I actually didn't eat that many. Instead, I just wanted the protein!

Breakfast: Iced latte (espresso, skimmed milk & sweetener)

Mid morning: sliced roast turkey

Lunch: savoury Dukan galette topped with extra light philli (30g - tolerated) & lean ham.

Dinner: Dukan beef stroganoff (lean beef, onions, mushrooms, beef stock, Dijon mustard, garlic & quark) with mangetout and some mashed butternut squash.

Sounds lovely Mini.

I had some quark today.....it's exactly like Natural Yoghurt don't yout think?

xx

I think it's a bit more like creme fraiche than natural yogurt as you can cook with it. I really like it.

How's everything been for you today Chezza?

Can't you cook the same with natural yoghurt?

It's been a good day, lean bacon and cottage cheese for brekkie with a low fat yoghurt, lunch was seafood sticks and cockles, with a lowfat yoghurt, dinner was lean pork marinated in chilli and garlic stirfried with the quark.

Yum yum

xx

Glad your day's gone well. :)

I find natural yogurt splits much more easily, whereas quark can handle being brought near the boil without any signs of splitting. I do use yogurt in my cooking quite a bit, but more for marinading than sauces, which is where the quark cones into its own.

Sprouts are on the list so you can fill ya boots on cruise!!! I use quark all the time - mix sweetener into it and its like having a pot of double cream!! Lovely with dukan muffins :)

Back