Minilady's Diary... getting back on track

Hypnotherapist phoned yesterday and my appointment has been moved to this Friday:eek: I asked him some more questions on the phone about what will happen during my sessions. He won't try and delve into the psychological reasons behind why binge eat. I told him about seeing a counsellor to deal with the reasons and he felt that was a good idea and that the 2 would work very well hand in hand.

I rang to make an appointment with GP but she is on holiday until week after next, so will have to wait a little longer to sort that out.

I told 2 of my close friends yesterday about the hypnotherapy and my eating patterns. They were both very shocked. I found myself going into great detail about how I feel etc. At first I felt embarrassed, but then everything came gushing out, we all hugged and I had a cry:rolleyes:. I felt like a huge weight had been lifted, just by speaking about my inner emotions made me feel so much better. The only downside is that my friends are now really worried about me:( so I spent last night and today convincing them that I was fine and not to worry as I've always been this way and it's not a new thing, it's just the first time I'd been open about it to them.

Something I did remember is when I was 5 my sister was seriously ill and my family spent many hours at the hospital, I can remember feeling so scared that she would die (I'd heard this mentioned in whispers) Whilst the chaos was going on I was sat in waiting rooms and given lots of sweets and goodies to keep me quiet, this went on for about a year until her condition was stabilised. Got me thinking was this when my comfort eating began:confused:

I went to the gym yesterday and had a good workout, I feel great once I've been and yesterday managed to jog non stop for 15 minutes without feeling like my lungs would burst:D

Tracey
x

Hi hun
This is def def def 100% something I need to address as well, I've been reading Sam's post and now found yours as well - cant wait to hear how you get on!
Its a bloody nightmare this entire 'binge' word/situation/problem - you name it...
Easy to control when you get that 'flick of the switch' right whilst SS'ing and 790 type thingying - I worry that I have done this before - got to within a st of goal and resorted back to previous ways because of the draw that food has to me!
Its all very well knowing that you have control issues but being able to control the control issues is the way to go!
Cant wait to hear how you get on luv.
All the best....

Hi hun
This is def def def 100% something I need to address as well, I've been reading Sam's post and now found yours as well - cant wait to hear how you get on!
Its a bloody nightmare this entire 'binge' word/situation/problem - you name it...
Easy to control when you get that 'flick of the switch' right whilst SS'ing and 790 type thingying - I worry that I have done this before - got to within a st of goal and resorted back to previous ways because of the draw that food has to me!
Its all very well knowing that you have control issues but being able to control the control issues is the way to go!
Cant wait to hear how you get on luv.
All the best....

Thanks Clare for taking time to read my witterings:)

I thought that CD had miraculously cured me of my food problems:rolleyes::sigh: I found ssing really quite easy, in fact I loved it and after the first 2 weeks hardly ever craved food, in fact certain foods I'd loved smelt awful and I no longer wanted them. Then moving up the plans was hard as I still didn't want to eat, I'd been so happy in my keto heaven:D I did follow the plans to the letter and enjoyed the foods I was eating and at the start of maintenance although I was scared of putting on weight I didn't feel the need to binge and thought or hoped that I'd never binge again. This state of mind lasted about 4 weeks:( and then the first binge happened, it wasn't a massive one and I thought ok I've had one, but all is ok. Since then they've worsened and the amount o sugary, fatty crap I consume each time is getting more and more. Of course to compensate I have days where I hardly eat a thing and rely on Cambridge products instead of a meal (I guess that's the downside of being a cousellor, I have an abundant supply of CD)

I don't want to carry on this way, it was bad enough yoyo dieting for years, I don't want to yoyo maintain too.

Thanks for your encouragement:):):)

Tracey
x

Thanks Clare for taking time to read my witterings:)

I thought that CD had miraculously cured me of my food problems:rolleyes::sigh: I found ssing really quite easy, in fact I loved it and after the first 2 weeks hardly ever craved food, in fact certain foods I'd loved smelt awful and I no longer wanted them. Then moving up the plans was hard as I still didn't want to eat, I'd been so happy in my keto heaven:D I did follow the plans to the letter and enjoyed the foods I was eating and at the start of maintenance although I was scared of putting on weight I didn't feel the need to binge and thought or hoped that I'd never binge again. This state of mind lasted about 4 weeks:( and then the first binge happened, it wasn't a massive one and I thought ok I've had one, but all is ok. Since then they've worsened and the amount o sugary, fatty crap I consume each time is getting more and more. Of course to compensate I have days where I hardly eat a thing and rely on Cambridge products instead of a meal (I guess that's the downside of being a cousellor, I have an abundant supply of CD)

I don't want to carry on this way, it was bad enough yoyo dieting for years, I don't want to yoyo maintain too.

Thanks for your encouragement:):):)

Tracey
x

famine or feast
famine or feast.......
.... I know exactly how you feel, I dont want to binge at the moment BUT I know for a fact those demons will come back, as sure as day follows night! This time I hope that by the time, like you I have worked up the plans that I will be ready for hypnotherapy... I too have been scared to be back in the 'food world' I like to controlled comfort of SS'ing - bloody madness when you actually start spewing it all out isnt it!? (opps not literally though I mean the words and thoughts...)
Food in this century and what its evolved into ie eating for emotional purposes rather than fuel purposes has alot to answer for.
You cant get away from it, it has to form part of your life but unless you get the balance right you have an 'unhealthy' relationship with it!
As I said - I really cant wait to hear how you get on xxxxxx

Hypnotherapist cancelled my appointment:( I was a little disappointed as I'd psyched myself up for it. I have rebooked for Monday so hopefully it will go ahead then.

Had a lovely nght out last night with Hubby and a couple of friends, we went to watch a local band Tortilla Army, they are great:D Something else I've noticed not only do I binge eat, I have a tendency to binge drink too:eek: So today am feeling slightly iffy:rolleyes: Have to work at 5.00 today so hoping to feel a little better soon, not sure I can stomach the smell of all that chinese:jelous: (I deliver for a local chinese as well as CDCing:D)

Tomorrow is my son's 12th birthday so a morning of bowling is planned and then we're going out for dinner with some of the family.

Haven't binged this week so far, so am happy about that, but although I haven't binged every evening has been filled with thoughts of having food I so hope the hypnotherapy helps to prevent this. Last night in my drunkenness I decided to cook prawns in garlic butter, OMG:eek: my house this morning absolutely stank much to the disgust of the kids, when I cleaned up the mess I'd left, I realised I'd used 5 garlic cloves!!!! I may have a headache but my blood is lovely and cleansed:cool:

Hypnotherapist cancelled my appointment:( I was a little disappointed as I'd psyched myself up for it. I have rebooked for Monday so hopefully it will go ahead then.

Had a lovely nght out last night with Hubby and a couple of friends, we went to watch a local band Tortilla Army, they are great:D Something else I've noticed not only do I binge eat, I have a tendency to binge drink too:eek: So today am feeling slightly iffy:rolleyes: Have to work at 5.00 today so hoping to feel a little better soon, not sure I can stomach the smell of all that chinese:jelous: (I deliver for a local chinese as well as CDCing:D)

Tomorrow is my son's 12th birthday so a morning of bowling is planned and then we're going out for dinner with some of the family.

Haven't binged this week so far, so am happy about that, but although I haven't binged every evening has been filled with thoughts of having food I so hope the hypnotherapy helps to prevent this. Last night in my drunkenness I decided to cook prawns in garlic butter, OMG:eek: my house this morning absolutely stank much to the disgust of the kids, when I cleaned up the mess I'd left, I realised I'd used 5 garlic cloves!!!! I may have a headache but my blood is lovely and cleansed:cool:

Hiya - dont think I've ever posted on your thread....but I do read !!

just wanted to say - good luck with the hypnotherapy....look forward to hearing how it went...hope it helps with your binges.....:(

love

Debz xx

:rotflmao: bet your house smelled gorgeous to you last night but today erm well!

Shame about your session getting cancelled, least you don't have to wait too long for it though.

Got to say I'm jealous of your drunkeness - could really go a good session with a couple of bottles of red wine - ahh well, am sure it must be nearly July :sigh:

If you can resist all that chinese without hypnotherapy you're a bloody good un!!!

Don't work too hard :)

Fascinated to hear how it goes,whqat he thinks he can or cannot help with etc.

Had a lovely nght out last night with Hubby and a couple of friends, we went to watch a local band Tortilla Army, they are great:D Something else I've noticed not only do I binge eat, I have a tendency to binge drink too:eek: So today am feeling slightly iffy:rolleyes: Have to work at 5.00 today so hoping to feel a little better soon,

Interesting that when drunk you chose prawns & not a series of carb stuff like you'd choose on an eating binge. also that the drink didn't trigger an eating spree.
Do you see the problems as linked? interchangeable? both part of the same problem? or separate?

hugs

Hiya - dont think I've ever posted on your thread....but I do read !!

just wanted to say - good luck with the hypnotherapy....look forward to hearing how it went...hope it helps with your binges.....:(

love

Debz xx

Thanks for posting Debz:)

:rotflmao: bet your house smelled gorgeous to you last night but today erm well!

The house smelt terrible, but not as bad as my breath:eek::D

Shame about your session getting cancelled, least you don't have to wait too long for it though.

I was a bit disappointed, but roll on Monday!

Got to say I'm jealous of your drunkeness - could really go a good session with a couple of bottles of red wine - ahh well, am sure it must be nearly July :sigh:

It's so worth the sacrifice, you're doing brilliantly, I love reading your losses each week and knowing how great you must feel.

If you can resist all that chinese without hypnotherapy you're a bloody good un!!!

Lol I love my little delivery job, I've always worked in banks or in an office with finance related jobs and decided enough was enough, I didn't need the added stress anymore, once I lost weight I gained the confidence to make the decision to be a lady of leisure for a while:cool: I do have a 1/2 portion of king prawns and cashew nuts every now and again, but to be honest smelling it all night sort of puts me off, plus it's not a favourite of mine. Now if it were indian I was delivering:eek:

Don't work too hard :)

Interesting that when drunk you chose prawns & not a series of carb stuff like you'd choose on an eating binge. also that the drink didn't trigger an eating spree.
Do you see the problems as linked? interchangeable? both part of the same problem? or separate?

hugs

Hi Jane

Interesting!!!! Hadn't thought about the prawns not being an overly bad food to eat. I hadn't had any dinner before our night out so am guessing I was really hungry due to that.

I think because we don't go out very often, I'm quite childlike, I don't want the night to end and we end up in places that don't close til late, therefore more alcohol is drunk. I don't drink at home at all and never have (unless entertaining) and never fancy a drink unless I'm going out. So I don't think the binge eating is the same, as I do constantly think about food:eek:

Tracey
x

Boy do I envy you getting out of finance jobs Tracey, especially at the moment with year end ---- I can see me working 12 hour days from now to mid April ..... and that doesn't take into account that I've now got this new job so need to have everything where I am completely up to date and spot on .... think I'll come and deliver your chinese with you!

Funny that you should mention king prawn & cashew nuts as that's my old faithful - in fact that was possibly the first thing I ever had from a chinese takeaway ---- when hubby and I started going out with each other many moons ago we used to go to this particular takeaway and I'd get that and he'd get fish and chips, LOL he was oh so adventurous then!

Hope tomorrow goes great for you - what time is your session?

Boy do I envy you getting out of finance jobs Tracey, especially at the moment with year end ---- I can see me working 12 hour days from now to mid April ..... and that doesn't take into account that I've now got this new job so need to have everything where I am completely up to date and spot on .... think I'll come and deliver your chinese with you!

Funny that you should mention king prawn & cashew nuts as that's my old faithful - in fact that was possibly the first thing I ever had from a chinese takeaway ---- when hubby and I started going out with each other many moons ago we used to go to this particular takeaway and I'd get that and he'd get fish and chips, LOL he was oh so adventurous then!

You're welcome to join me anytime Katie:) Wait til July and we can share some king prawns!

Hope tomorrow goes great for you - what time is your session?

My session is at 11.00, so I'll try and get on line to let you know how it goes. I'm quite excited, the funny thing is that the binges have lessened since I decided to do this:confused:

Hope you're having a lovely weekend

Tracey
x

Oooh I'll think of you at 11.00 --- am sure it will be great. I'll be on here before going to weigh in tomorrow evening so will check to find out how you've got on. Re the binges - maybe your mind is halfway there with the positive feelings and that's why they've lessened, therefore the hypnosis should cement those feelings for you.

My weekend has been adventurous! I decided to bite the bullet and call a driving school for motorbike courses - they are calling me at 6pm to take my car licence details to book my theory test and to arrange for me to do the course - it's a 5 day one where hopefully at the end I will have my motorbike licence. I've wanted to do it for ages and decided now is the time! So following on from that I got on the back of hubby's bike today for the first time in what must be 14 or 15 years - was fabulous --- now I know I'm def doing the right thing.

Oooh I'll think of you at 11.00 --- am sure it will be great. I'll be on here before going to weigh in tomorrow evening so will check to find out how you've got on. Re the binges - maybe your mind is halfway there with the positive feelings and that's why they've lessened, therefore the hypnosis should cement those feelings for you.

My weekend has been adventurous! I decided to bite the bullet and call a driving school for motorbike courses - they are calling me at 6pm to take my car licence details to book my theory test and to arrange for me to do the course - it's a 5 day one where hopefully at the end I will have my motorbike licence. I've wanted to do it for ages and decided now is the time! So following on from that I got on the back of hubby's bike today for the first time in what must be 14 or 15 years - was fabulous --- now I know I'm def doing the right thing.

Wow that sounds great:):):) Good for you, that's really exciting. What bike does hubby have? and will you get a bike of your own, if so what type?

You and hubby can ride off together into the sunset, closely followed by Blonde Logic:D

I had a blue yamaha fizzy when I was 16, it had a 60 conversion kit on it, if I rode downhill with the wind behind me I could get 65mph out of it:cool::D I thought I was the bees knees and definately gave the local lads on their 50's a run for their money:D Sadly since I learnt to drive I've not had another bike, my love of minis took over.

Good luck with your weigh in tomorrow.

Tracey
x

Hubby has a Yamaha Thunderace --- I can't ride his as I'm too short and feet won't touch the ground. I've been advised that a Kawasaki ER5 and a Suzuki Bandit are good for shorties so will go test them out at some point.

When the guy phoned back this evening he took my licence details and booked me in for my theory test there and then - so that's on the 27th March .... and he's booked me in for my CBT next Sunday - my first day on a bike and I get to spend all day on it and then be tested!!!! Got to be there at 9am --- think I might need to pinch your hynotism session tomorrow to calm my nerves LOL

Am looking forward to weigh in but not expecting great things as I just can't go to the loo this week - though you'd have thought today would have made me :D

Hubby has a Yamaha Thunderace --- I can't ride his as I'm too short and feet won't touch the ground. I've been advised that a Kawasaki ER5 and a Suzuki Bandit are good for shorties so will go test them out at some point.

When the guy phoned back this evening he took my licence details and booked me in for my theory test there and then - so that's on the 27th March .... and he's booked me in for my CBT next Sunday - my first day on a bike and I get to spend all day on it and then be tested!!!! Got to be there at 9am --- think I might need to pinch your hynotism session tomorrow to calm my nerves LOL

Am looking forward to weigh in but not expecting great things as I just can't go to the loo this week - though you'd have thought today would have made me :D

Crikey that was quick! You'll love it, I'm sure as soon as your on the bike excitement will take over from nerves.

Just googled a Yamaha Thunderace, smart looking bike:) My hubby always had bikes when he was younger and still threatens every now and again to get another, but until the old american car is finished there's no room in the garage.

good luck for today Tracey. Ive got my second session today and still going strong. xx

Thanks Sam:) I've still been reading your thread, you're doing so well. It seems to have made a huge difference to you, I love it that you're so positive. There are so many other miniminers now looking at hypnotherapy to help them because of your thread.

Good luck with your session today, I'll be reading to see how you get on:)

Tracey
x

:rolleyes:I had my hypnotherapy session:):):):)

Peter was amazing. Firstly we discussed my relationship with food, looked at triggers etc. I then had to fill out several questionares so Peter could assess my character etc. These were very revealing and I felt I found out some new sides to my character, it also helped me to understand myself a little better.

Peter then went on to use 3 techniques with me to help. Firstly he used a technique called Swish. I had to imagine myself at a weight that was very uncomfortable for me to imagine, I had to see it and notice how I felt about it, then I had to imagine myself at a weight and appearance that I felt happy with and again note my emotional state. Then I had to view the first picture in my mind and at the bottom of the picture notice a small yellow button, at his command I had to press the switch and the second picture would flash into my mind and replace the nasty one. We did this a couple of times and on the third time when he asked me to envisage the ugly image I couldn't:eek: I saw the nice one:confused: Very strange!

Then he used NLP and I had to imagine certain foods, eating them and recognising how they made my stomach feel.

Thirdly he hypnotised me, I can only remember snippets of this, my mind was off elsewhere I think:rolleyes: I kept trying to consentrate on his words but found I drifted off to Traceyworld. I was rigged to a monitor so that Peter could assess how deeply I was relaxed before he started to mess with my subconscious:D

I got in the car afterwards turned on my mobile phone and realised I'd been with him for 2 1/2 hours:eek::eek::eek: It had only felt like an hour!

Peter told me that he feels I will only need this one session, I was shocked at this. But he has told me that if I feel I need more then to come back again.

I feel extremely positive at the moment but time will tell if I can now control my binges.

Peter gave me lots of information to take away with me, for example a copy of the swish technique he used and the NLP, he has told me to practise these at home and after time I should not need to.

I'm so pleased I went, I was rather worried as noone had referred Peter to me, I found him on the website, I just picked a local therapist to me with the most letters after his name;):) He spent a long time with me and obviously isn't just doing his job to make money, I had envisaged going for about 4-5 sessions which of course would have been expensive.

All in all a great experience, will see how effective it's been come teatime;)

Tracey
x

Back