Minimins Newbie - dieting Yo-Yo'er

Flossiefloo

Hi Everyone x

I have been dieting for about 20 years and when I first started I didn't even need to lose weight (I was actually only a couple of pounds heavier then that what my ultimate goal weight is now), I just joined Slimming world to keep a family member company - I left 2 stone heavier and have had weight issues ever since :(

I have done them all, not only Slimming World but Lighter Life, Atkins, Cambridge, GI Diet, KeeDiet all punctuated by my own at home version of healthy eating. Needless to say I am now twice the size I need to be to be considered healthy and it has started to affect my health. So a serious change is needed.

I am heading back to Slimming world tomorrow as it seems to be the most sensible diet plan. I have (at a guess) about 130lb to lose based on my last weigh in at the GP and I have to be honest I am scared. I need it to stick for the long term, I can't afford to keep doing a diet for a few months, losing a stone or two each time only to put it all back on plus more. I am hoping that by joining this forum it will keep me motivated to stay until the very end.

I look forward to getting to know other members of the forum during what is likely to be a very long journey.

hi. i have about 4 stone to lose . I tried SW but didn't seem to get on with it. It would annoy me that other members would loose so much whilst i only lost about 2-3 lbs a week. I am a yo-yo dieter and am now heading into my 30's thinking what do i do as i want to combat this for good.

It is a problem isn't it.

I started yo-yo dieting at 11st 4lbs. I was told I was fat. Photos said no! Too late I started dieting. Stopped when I was 25stone.

I tried them all. WW. Plus some that are no longer around.

WW was good, I lost 6st. But consultant moaned if I went up and down a pound or two. Then they changed the diet and I left.

Joined SW at 18st 11lb. I am the typical yo-yo dieter but decided the only way to deal with it was to go to class regardless. I reached 3.1/2st loss then yoyo came back even more.

I put on 1st 2.1/2 when in NZ in February. Damn. It has taken a while but have at least got that off. Took me 7months!!!

Anyway I am now back to 15st 2.1/2lbs.

Spoke to Consultant when I first went to SW and told her it would take me forever. She is still helping me (sort of). Lots of support from other members.

I go every week and have seen people leave then come back having put it all back on. Some more than once. If I didn't go all the time I would be back to 25st.

Very long winded answer I know. If you go to a slimming clumsy KEEP GOING. Xxx

Back