MinkyDinkys SW Success Diary!!

Wahey! A whopper of a 4lbs loss for me this morning - amazed as had lots of alcohol last weekend. Woot, means I have now done my 3 and half stone and move into the 16s!
What an achievement I feel I have reached. Seriously, I never thought I could do this but never before have I whole heartedly believed in a diet / healthy eating plan - whatever you want to call it!
I keep getting on the scales to check it really does say 16 and I am not actually dreaming! Only 1st 6 to go till my 5 stone - that will be a magical day. I am super excited just thinking about it.

Well enough of my verbal vomit of excitement I am off to get ready for a friends 40th - not seen most of the people since I started slimming so off to show my new improved self WOOO!

Happy slimming guys and girls xxxx

MinkyDinky said:
Wahey! A whopper of a 4lbs loss for me this morning - amazed as had lots of alcohol last weekend. Woot, means I have now done my 3 and half stone and move into the 16s!
What an achievement I feel I have reached. Seriously, I never thought I could do this but never before have I whole heartedly believed in a diet / healthy eating plan - whatever you want to call it!
I keep getting on the scales to check it really does say 16 and I am not actually dreaming! Only 1st 6 to go till my 5 stone - that will be a magical day. I am super excited just thinking about it.

Well enough of my verbal vomit of excitement I am off to get ready for a friends 40th - not seen most of the people since I started slimming so off to show my new improved self WOOO!

Happy slimming guys and girls xxxx

Well done that's a great loss and a great loss so far! x

So much for me being all cocky and like yeah I am in the next bracket down.....
Talk about self sabotage -ALL WEEKEND!
Started off drinking Friday night, 1 bottle of wine, topped off with some vodkas and chicken nuggets. Saturday - chilli con Carne, lots of alcohol at a 40th birthday and then more when I went clubbing. On the way home got a bacon cheeseburger and cheesy chips from the van.
Sunday I died and the boyfriend cooked me veggie sausages that we didn't realise were 5 syns each with beans and then in the evening we ordered in.

We ordered pizza

I ate the whole thing.

THE ENTIRE BLOODY 127 SYN LADEN DELICIOUSNESS

And no, I haven't stopped there. I have eaten a donut today and a pot of pick and mix sweets. And I feel crap. I feel bloated and bunged up and can't go to the loo and just want to scream at myself.

What a douche.
Back in the day would have thought nothing of scoffing that lot and ignoring the uncomfortable feeling but now - eurgh.

Line under, get over it, pound my way into work and back and on to the veg and fruit.

PMA xxxxxx

Oooh excitement overload! Today got my first ever graze box delivered - eek!

Now not a lot of people would recommend them but I absolutely love the idea of them. Cute little packaging, healthy(ish) and nutritious goodies sent to your door, and long lasting dates for the little boxes.

I have worked out the syns for each box and "tipp-ex'd" little boxes on each one so I was able to put the syn values on. I personally think I will use the boxes to put in with yogurt and fruit (apart from the bread :D ). But you can just have them as little snack pots.
image-1397074661.jpg
image-752063687.jpg

Right, I have a wii fit currently collecting dust under the tv unit that I really must get out and use. I have cancelled going to a friends wedding reception so no alcohol will pass my lips at all.

Saturday morning screw what the OH is doing in the living room! He will have to endure watching me (wobbly bits included!) for a minimum of an hour prancing about. I walk to and from work amounting to 22 miles a week but I don't feel I am doing enough exercise.

Although I can see I have lost weight and my clothes are getting bigger, my stupid tummy is not changing and this makes me very sad. It is by far the worst feature on me and I hate it. I don't think it will ever be nice and for the fact that 3.5 stone down I still can't go down a dress size kinda depresses me.

So hoping that the exercise will assist and get fighting this flab :(

It's likely once you start toning your tummy area you'll drop several sizes in a short space of time! Try not to let it dishearten you, I know it's great to drop sizes but just think your also doing much more, health etc! Stick with it, you'll get there it's been such a great loss so far! x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Emmey1 said:
It's likely once you start toning your tummy area you'll drop several sizes in a short space of time! Try not to let it dishearten you, I know it's great to drop sizes but just think your also doing much more, health etc! Stick with it, you'll get there it's been such a great loss so far! x

Hi Emmey, cheers for stopping by! I know dropping dress sizes isn't everything and my health is ultimately the number 1 thing but jeez! My clothes are hanging off me everywhere else but my waist! My work trousers flap about when I walk, my work shirt is HUGE but my stupid tum - no budge.

Everyone at work keeps pushing me to get the next size shirt down but just thinking of wearing another top that clings to the middle would put me back in my mind set. I just keep saying when I am at target (another oooh 6 stone?!) I will change tops for a more visual effect :D

Hope you are ok and enjoying your SW journey! X x

MinkyDinky said:
Hi Emmey, cheers for stopping by! I know dropping dress sizes isn't everything and my health is ultimately the number 1 thing but jeez! My clothes are hanging off me everywhere else but my waist! My work trousers flap about when I walk, my work shirt is HUGE but my stupid tum - no budge.

Everyone at work keeps pushing me to get the next size shirt down but just thinking of wearing another top that clings to the middle would put me back in my mind set. I just keep saying when I am at target (another oooh 6 stone?!) I will change tops for a more visual effect :D

Hope you are ok and enjoying your SW journey! X x

Haha must admit to relating to that last comment! I'll stay in my size 20 tops till I'm size 12 then change! Visual effect indeed! lol in fact I should wear padding keeping me looking like a size 20 then take it all off when I'm a size 12 and have everyone convinced It happened overnight! :)

Emmey1 said:
Haha must admit to relating to that last comment! I'll stay in my size 20 tops till I'm size 12 then change! Visual effect indeed! lol in fact I should wear padding keeping me looking like a size 20 then take it all off when I'm a size 12 and have everyone convinced It happened overnight! :)

Wouldn't that just be so fun? Be like "ah I wish I could lose weight but I guess it's not meant to be" and then bam! Padding removed, svelte figured revealed :D

So tonight I had my first attempt at the "half syn roulade". Now mine wasn't anywhere near that low syn. I had bo sweetener so improvised and used an options vanilla choc in the roulade mix. And then a White choc options for the filling. And I didn't have enough quark for the filling so used total and it was probably a little....thin for a roulade.

Now, all that aside and the fact it's 5.5 syns for it, I didn't intend to make it for a whole sitting. No siree! I had a slice after din dins and so did the OH and thoroughly enjoyed it. I stuffed it with lots of berries (strawberries, raspberries, blackcurrants, redcurrents and blackberries) to get some superfree in it.

There is enough for 3/4 more portions so works out at 1.25 a slice. May even have some for breakfast.....who says dessert has to be at dinner time? ;)
image-3904430473.jpg
image-1665572096.jpg

Oh that looks nice! I have failed at a number of slimming world puddings they just never turn out right or taste nice! What's the recipe? I feel the need to give that a go!

Found it! There's a thread On this site about it and people are raving about how good it is so I'm giving it a go tonight! :)

Emmey1 said:
Found it! There's a thread On this site about it and people are raving about how good it is so I'm giving it a go tonight! :)

Everyone does go on about it and I know from reading diaries etc, alot of people eat it in one sitting! Couldn't do it myself but have just had another slice after my lunch and it was gorgeous.
Hope yours turns out ok and enjoy ;) x x

MinkyDinky said:
Everyone does go on about it and I know from reading diaries etc, alot of people eat it in one sitting! Couldn't do it myself but have just had another slice after my lunch and it was gorgeous.
Hope yours turns out ok and enjoy ;) x x

Blooming lovely!!! I really love it, it's the nicest dessert I've made since starting SW! Thanks for sharing!

Emmey1 said:
Blooming lovely!!! I really love it, it's the nicest dessert I've made since starting SW! Thanks for sharing!

Glad to be of assistance :) surprised you haven't seen it before on the forums - mentioned everywhere! He he.
What's your favourite (non pudding) recipe? I am looking for inspiration... X x

MinkyDinky said:
Glad to be of assistance :) surprised you haven't seen it before on the forums - mentioned everywhere! He he.
What's your favourite (non pudding) recipe? I am looking for inspiration... X x

I've failed with a lot is SW puddings so I gave up and ignored any pudding topics lol but this is perfect :)

I'm still very new so take a lot of my stuff from the SW website but I LOVE the sticky chicken with chips and lots of salad, or rice instead of the chips.

All the curries including rogan josh and tikka masala. The sweet potato tortilla on the website is nice too, as is the Moroccan chicken, this weekend I had the BBQ pulled pork which I did in the slow cooker so the meat just fell apart had that with salad chips on a wholemeal roll but sticky chicken is my fave at the mo because it's also so easy to make
Had steak and chips tonight, nom!
Beef stew and sweet potato an butternut squash soup is great for this weather with a few chilli flakes so add some heat :)

I'd be hungry writing about all that lovely food but in stuffed from scoffing half that cake! Haha

This week I am trying to open my brain to different foods or adding different foods to my meals. Don't want to get bored with the same meals all the time and apparently it helps with the diet (so I have heard...)

So far I have cooked a sweet potato, red onion and red pepper tortilla (thanks emmey!), dauphinoise potato, purple majestics roasted with garlic and this morning roasted carrots with balsamic vinegar. Not for breakfast!! For lunch, but I have no idea what to have them with :( a macdonalds ad with a big mac in was just on.... Now there's an idea :D

Got a few recipes off the SW website for dinners which I will cook this week/weekend. A gorgeous sounding quorn mince dish which is Greek called pastitso. There is a moroccan vegetable stew with citrus and mint couscous - OH Will have to have rice as he isnt fond of eating "sand" lol.

The carrots smell gorgeous!! Hmmm, might just cook up another style of frittata, got some courgette, onion, mushroom, peppers and potatoes in so. Haven't even thought of breakfast yet!! Times a ticking so best get cracking!

Decision made! Sounds bizarre but have had cravings for tuna! So to accompany my carrots I have cooked a jacket potato, tuna with chopped red onion and green pepper (to top the potato) and got a couple of boiled eggs on the go.

One delish lunch coming up, WOOOOOT! Just gotta wait for it to come round now booooooo! :D

Back