Miss_Taken no more

wow you look stunning, seriously absolutely gorgeous. That dress is beautiful. You are going to look fab on your own wedding day.
that's a big gain for only having 3 drinks I think alcohol really puts the pounds up on the scales but it goes just as quick as it's not real weight gain if that makes sense? At least the food was good. We are going through menus and stuff for ours at the moment and it's so hard to know what to pick so much choice!
Good luck for this evening hun and it's no biggie if it is a little gain you know it will be gone in no time :) x

Thank you hun, i felt great on the day which is an achievement in itself. Usually the best I can hope for is "ok, but hide this bit or that bit", or "I look fine but don't take pictures of me, especially standing next to someone skinny".
I gained 2.5lb tonight which I'm not exactly happy with but I am delighted that it wasn't more so I'll take it. As you say, it'll be shifted pretty quick (hopefully by tomorrow evening or Wednesday at the latest). I really want another "real" loss this week tho and am aiming for 1.5lb at least after the 2.5 are gone. I wanted my 6.5st award before my birthday party but that leaves me only 2 wi's so I won't hold my breath. Doesn't matter, it's just a number, I feel so much better and that's the main thing ;) x

Goals
Get below 300lb - DONE
Get Club10 -DONE
Lose 2st to get into the teens -DONE
Lose 3st -DONE
Lose 4st -DONE
Lose 5st -DONE
Get Club25/Lose 5.5st - DONE
Get into Obese Class 1 - DONE
Lose 6st - DONE
Get Club30 -
Get into Overweight BMI category -
Get Club40 -
Get into Normal BMI category-

Figured I'd check in today with a wee post, walking has taken off so hopefully that'll last even in the bad weather. Insisting on doing 5 30 min walks every morning and aiming for one any evening I'm at a loose end. Going horse riding again today so I think I'm gonna take my heart rate monitor to see how that stacks up as a workout (even if I can only afford once a fortnight).
Food wise, I've been good as far as calories go, taken to using mfp to track every bite that goes into my mouth and am coming out most days with at least a 500 calorie deficit, even if my syns have been a little hit and miss this week (got a serious sausage roll and croissant craving which I've been trying not to cave to). Yesterday on my way home from work, I had a serious notion of one of those mustard hot dog lattice things and had myself convinced it would be ok cuz it was only "just this once" and I had been good so far, so had it in my head I was gonna stop at the next hot food bar I passed to see if they had them...and then figured they wouldn't so would stop at a different one...then figured I would be good, then changed my mind again. This wavering continued the whole way home from work until finally I figured I had mexican rice in the fridge that needed used up and small denny sausage rolls that I could scan and get exact nutritional info so I wasn't guessing. So I did and had only one sausage roll and it was something like 200 calories (so probably silly syns but still better than getting to the shop, no hot dog lattices so buying out the entire store in order to satisfy one notion). I call that a win ;) x

Goals
Get below 300lb - DONE
Get Club10 -DONE
Lose 3st -DONE
Lose 4st -DONE
Lose 5st -DONE
Lose 6st - DONE
Get Club30 -
Get Club40 -

Thank you hun, i felt great on the day which is an achievement in itself. Usually the best I can hope for is "ok, but hide this bit or that bit", or "I look fine but don't take pictures of me, especially standing next to someone skinny".
I gained 2.5lb tonight which I'm not exactly happy with but I am delighted that it wasn't more so I'll take it. As you say, it'll be shifted pretty quick (hopefully by tomorrow evening or Wednesday at the latest). I really want another "real" loss this week tho and am aiming for 1.5lb at least after the 2.5 are gone. I wanted my 6.5st award before my birthday party but that leaves me only 2 wi's so I won't hold my breath. Doesn't matter, it's just a number, I feel so much better and that's the main thing ;) x

Goals
Get below 300lb - DONE
Get Club10 -DONE
Lose 3st -DONE
Lose 4st -DONE
Lose 5st -DONE
Lose 6st - DONE
Get Club30 -
Get Club40 -

I am the exact same always trying to cover something mainly my arms as they look so bad :(. You never know hun you could get that award. Have you weighed yourself since you weighed in at group to see how your doing? Have you ever tried Success Express?

Figured I'd check in today with a wee post, walking has taken off so hopefully that'll last even in the bad weather. Insisting on doing 5 30 min walks every morning and aiming for one any evening I'm at a loose end. Going horse riding again today so I think I'm gonna take my heart rate monitor to see how that stacks up as a workout (even if I can only afford once a fortnight).
Food wise, I've been good as far as calories go, taken to using mfp to track every bite that goes into my mouth and am coming out most days with at least a 500 calorie deficit, even if my syns have been a little hit and miss this week (got a serious sausage roll and croissant craving which I've been trying not to cave to). Yesterday on my way home from work, I had a serious notion of one of those mustard hot dog lattice things and had myself convinced it would be ok cuz it was only "just this once" and I had been good so far, so had it in my head I was gonna stop at the next hot food bar I passed to see if they had them...and then figured they wouldn't so would stop at a different one...then figured I would be good, then changed my mind again. This wavering continued the whole way home from work until finally I figured I had mexican rice in the fridge that needed used up and small denny sausage rolls that I could scan and get exact nutritional info so I wasn't guessing. So I did and had only one sausage roll and it was something like 200 calories (so probably silly syns but still better than getting to the shop, no hot dog lattices so buying out the entire store in order to satisfy one notion). I call that a win ;) x

Goals
Get below 300lb - DONE
Get Club10 -DONE
Lose 3st -DONE
Lose 4st -DONE
Lose 5st -DONE
Lose 6st - DONE
Get Club30 -
Get Club40 -

well done hun, thats willpower for you :) Congrats on the walking and horse riding you are flying it ;)

I think I got a little silly with the exercise today hrm didn't work as I was a total boob and couldn't use the app and forgot the watch hasn't been set to the right date of birth. This means that if I was born on the 1/1/13, was 5ft 8in and weighed 16st and spent 53 minutes on a horse, I would have burned 260 odd calories. Fortunately I am more than 21 months old and once I set my correct date of birth and took my monitor for a walk along with mapmyfitness, they both read roughly the same, so I calculated on mapmyfitness that the horse riding burned about 570 cal. I will verify this in a fortnight's time.
The upshot of all this is that I went for 2 30 min walks today, spent an hour on a horse, then came home and cut the grass. Total calories burned from exercise? 1389.
Tomorrow I will mostly be lying in a pile of twitching, spasming muscles begging for ibuprofen I think.

Goals
Get below 300lb - DONE
Get Club10 -DONE
Lose 3st -DONE
Lose 4st -DONE
Lose 5st -DONE
Lose 6st - DONE
Get Club30 -
Get Club40 -

I think I got a little silly with the exercise today hrm didn't work as I was a total boob and couldn't use the app and forgot the watch hasn't been set to the right date of birth. This means that if I was born on the 1/1/13, was 5ft 8in and weighed 16st and spent 53 minutes on a horse, I would have burned 260 odd calories. Fortunately I am more than 21 months old and once I set my correct date of birth and took my monitor for a walk along with mapmyfitness, they both read roughly the same, so I calculated on mapmyfitness that the horse riding burned about 570 cal. I will verify this in a fortnight's time.
The upshot of all this is that I went for 2 30 min walks today, spent an hour on a horse, then came home and cut the grass. Total calories burned from exercise? 1389.
Tomorrow I will mostly be lying in a pile of twitching, spasming muscles begging for ibuprofen I think.

Goals
Get below 300lb - DONE
Get Club10 -DONE
Lose 3st -DONE
Lose 4st -DONE
Lose 5st -DONE
Lose 6st - DONE
Get Club30 -
Get Club40 -

How did you feel hun? hope you wernt too stiff after it all?

Actually pretty good, had a little bit of stiffness in my shoulders this morning but nothing unusual so had my walks as normal...feeling fantastic for it x
How u getting on? Xx

Goals
Get below 300lb - DONE
Get Club10 -DONE
Lose 3st -DONE
Lose 4st -DONE
Lose 5st -DONE
Lose 6st - DONE
Get Club30 -
Get Club40 -

ah that is brill hun well done on all the body magic. I wish I was as enthusiastic about exercise!!

I'm doing okay. I an meeting some friends for dinner tomorrow but am driving so won't be having alcohol. Going to try and keep the food as on plan as I can while having a good time really want to get into the next stone bracket this week!

Sounds like a good plan, how far do you have to go til the next bracket? I find alcohol knocks me back twice as far as food, so i usually offer to drive to keep me off it. Think its the fluid retention. Hope you have a fantastic time and I'm sure you'll be fine. Xx

Goals
Get below 300lb - DONE
Get Club10 -DONE
Lose 3st -DONE
Lose 4st -DONE
Lose 5st -DONE
Lose 6st - DONE
Get Club30 -
Get Club40 -

morning hun, well I just need 1lb to get into the 16's I'd be like 16.13 and a half if I managed a lb. I think your right about the alcohol as when I was on holidays for two weeks I was way up over half a stone when I came home and I drank alot! il let you know how I get on :) have a lovely Saturday :)

Brilliant, you too and good luck, and hopefully by this time next week, we'll both be well down into the next stone brackets x

Goals
Get below 300lb - DONE
Get Club10 -DONE
Lose 3st -DONE
Lose 4st -DONE
Lose 5st -DONE
Lose 6st - DONE
Get Club30 -
Get Club40 -

How you getting on hun? I wasn't to bad at the weekend. Managed not to have a drink so that was good. Got straight back on plan sunday so fingers crossed for weigh in! x

How you getting on hun? I wasn't to bad at the weekend. Managed not to have a drink so that was good. Got straight back on plan sunday so fingers crossed for weigh in! x

That's fantastic hun, good luck for your Wi, hope you get a good result. X

Bit of a setback yesterday, fluid was through the roof (gone again today) so didn't weigh in. Best I could have hoped for was a sts and couldn't deal with it. Planned some mega batch cooking for this week and went shopping for it all, so I have speed soup for lunches and some heb rolls, beef stroganoff in the slow cooker for tonight's dinner and will prepare and freeze the rest of the sc meals ready for throwing in the pot in the mornings for the rest of the week.
Got a friend coming over on Thursday for my birthday weekend and have explained to her that I am only off plan on Friday (for my party) and the rest of the week will be serving sw meals. Even my buffet food will be free (I'm making it myself after all!). Need last week's gain off asap

Goals
Get below 300lb - DONE
Get Club10 -DONE
Lose 3st -DONE
Lose 4st -DONE
Lose 5st -DONE
Lose 6st - DONE
Get Club30 -
Get Club40 -

That's fantastic hun, good luck for your Wi, hope you get a good result. X

Bit of a setback yesterday, fluid was through the roof (gone again today) so didn't weigh in. Best I could have hoped for was a sts and couldn't deal with it. Planned some mega batch cooking for this week and went shopping for it all, so I have speed soup for lunches and some heb rolls, beef stroganoff in the slow cooker for tonight's dinner and will prepare and freeze the rest of the sc meals ready for throwing in the pot in the mornings for the rest of the week.
Got a friend coming over on Thursday for my birthday weekend and have explained to her that I am only off plan on Friday (for my party) and the rest of the week will be serving sw meals. Even my buffet food will be free (I'm making it myself after all!). Need last week's gain off asap

Goals
Get below 300lb - DONE
Get Club10 -DONE
Lose 3st -DONE
Lose 4st -DONE
Lose 5st -DONE
Lose 6st - DONE
Get Club30 -
Get Club40 -

Hey hun, aw that sucks but to be honest with you I think I would have took the holiday also. I took one there a few weeks ago I knew I'd be up a pound or two so I just text my consultant and the following week I was down four!
It sounds like you have everything well planned with your batch cooking, I think that really helps keep on track. I was supposed to make a big pot of soup today but I didn't :( I really don't know how tomorrow will go, the 17's are proving hard to see the back of on my scales. I briefly saw 16 one day so I don't know! :rolleyes:

Are you treating yourself to anything nice for your birthday? What sort of things are you making for your buffet? It sounds great x

Good luck, I'm sure you'll be in the 16s when u weigh in x
Got some pampering on Friday with 3 of my best buddies, going to the beautician and might get my make up done for my party Friday night. Will probably make sw quiche muffin things, scotch eggs, sw sausages made into cocktail sausages, some savoury rice and salad stuff and for the fatties who are eating normal food, I'll throw together some sarnies, sausage rolls, fat sausages, crisps and sweets and just leave them on the tables.

Goals
Get below 300lb - DONE
Get Club10 -DONE
Lose 3st -DONE
Lose 4st -DONE
Lose 5st -DONE
Lose 6st - DONE
Get Club30 -
Get Club40 -

Just want to say again NewMe, fantastic job on your loss this week, you've inspired me to kick my butt back into gear again, so I'm going for a weigh in at 10 at a local class. I know it's a bit of a cop out as it's a morning class, but I normally don't eat on weigh in days anyway until after I've weighed, so I don't expect there would be much difference. I know the fluid from Monday is off and I think the 2.5 lb from the week before is shifted too plus a bit more, so I want that recorded before my party in case I get the silly idea that it's ok to have this or that because I only want a maintain and I was already 2.5lb up. It's not and I'm not so anything above 16st exactly on monday is not acceptable (that still allows me leeway for a small gain but I have 2 full days to deal with it).
I've had my slow cooker out this week and made lots of speed soup on Monday night. Aunt Flow has also made an appearance today so that will have helped (always have a good loss when that finally shows up).
Dinner today is Enchiladas in the slow cooker (when I finally get round to throwing it in). Looking forward to it, will grab some heb wraps later and serve it with either wedges or rice. My friend is delighted to be getting sw food on her hols cuz apparently she already ate her weight (she doesn't weigh much granted) in naughty food at her parents this last week. She can be a total bossy pants so I've told her she is the food police this weekend.

Goals
Get below 300lb - DONE
Get Club10 -DONE
Lose 3st -DONE
Lose 4st -DONE
Lose 5st -DONE
Lose 6st - DONE
Get Club30 -
Get Club40 -

Post wi update, 4lb off (which had been my aim for this week, albeit on monday), so I'm a happy bunny :D

Goals
Get below 300lb - DONE
Get Club10 -DONE
Lose 3st -DONE
Lose 4st -DONE
Lose 5st -DONE
Lose 6st - DONE
Get Club30 -
Get Club40 -

Hey hun, OMG I'm so happy for you and I'm delighted you went to another class to weigh in. great idea now you know exactly where you are and can enjoy your birthday weekend. It just goes to show you that you can have a meal of plan but as long as you get back on track you can still have a loss. I was so shocked at weigh in. I would have been happy with a 1lb loss.

Your food is sounding yummy for your birthday buffet. I'm going to make a big batch of soup now and freeze it now that the days are getting cooler! Plus I want that purple shiny sticker next week but I have a party to go to this weekend too so I need to keep syns low and be as good as I can the rest of the week!!

I'm so happy for both of us hun I really am! I was grinning from ear to ear all day yesterday! Lots more new people joined our group again this week so it was pretty hectic!

I hope you have a fab birthday hun and keep up the good work, you are doing fantastic :) xx

Thanks hun, I'm chuffed for us both too, means I can relax a bit for my birthday, knowing where I'm at and if I have a gain, I know it's only 1 weeks worth so it won't snowball again like it did when I hit the 16's.

Soup is totally fantastic comfort food, isn't it? And so easy, just throw it together and leave it until required, no faffing about with what'll I have for dinner, h2b doesn't want dinner now and I do, so do I make his and let him reheat it, but what if it can't be reheated well etc (over think? Me?). My only problem with soup is saving heb's for a roll (can't have soup without a roll ;) ).

Sounds like we both have good weeks ahead of us xxx

Goals
Get below 300lb - DONE
Get Club10 -DONE
Lose 3st -DONE
Lose 4st -DONE
Lose 5st -DONE
Lose 6st - DONE
Get Club30 -
Get Club40 -

hey hun, how was your birthday weekend? I had a bad Saturday & my scales are being mean to me!!!!! So I am trying to be as good as gold now for weigh in on Wed!!

Back