Mission: Slim-Possible! (Shivie's Diary)

Shivie

On a mission!
Hi everyone!

Hope to have y'all as my rapidly shrinking buddies in the very near future!

I did the Lipotrim programme from August to October in 2011 for a wedding in which I was bridesmaid. Lost almost 3 stone and felt fab!

Lost my way after that and fell back into old habits....much to my disgust with myself.

I haven't yet weighed myself as I'm too terrified of what I'll see!

My plan is to do at least 3 weeks on the Slim & Save plan as there's such a good variety compared with Lipotrim which is nothing like "real life" eating and S & S seems like the better way to go this time. (Thanks to my bud Deezer for recommending it!)

My 2 current main reasons for "getting back on the wagon" are:

1) I have a metal rod through my femur and since I regained weight I've developed burstitis (bloody painful let me tell you) and it'd be ridiculous to suggest that it has nothing to do with the extra pressure on my poor leg since gaining back weight. I KNOW it has though the consultant would be too polite to say it!!

2) My friend's wedding is coming up at the start of June and I REALLY want to look good in a dress for that.

Then, overall, the main aim is to FINALLY reach my ideal weight and maintain it as closely as possible for LIFE.
I'm truly fed up of my weight being the FIRST and LAST thing on my mind every single day.........:(

SO I'll be looking forward to starting afresh soon and intend to check in here every day for the amazing support of you lovelies!

WE CAN DO THIS!! :grouphugg:

Oh and yes I'm gonna bite the bullet and weigh myself before I start so I can see the progress!

Luv & fairydust to you all!

Best of luck lovely. You were a huge inspiration to me on Lipotrim. Looking forward to seeing how yo get on with S&S. Xx

Oh thanks Pam!

Hope all's well with you and nice to catch up again with like-minded folk :wavey:

Great to have your support and if you ever need either a virtual hug :bighug:eek:r a virtual ass-whooping :whoopass:I'm here for you girlie!!

Let's do this thing!

best luck x we be in journey together as starting slim nd save next week

Good luck! You have the right attitude, you will find lots of support here, I found it helped to have a read of some diaries, read the ups and downs etc. At least you've done lipotrim before so you kind of know what to expect going into ketosis, I didn't to be honest and had a hard first week. I am in week 9 now, and it does fly by, I get married in June so I am right with you on the june finish line! x

Good luck! You have the right attitude, you will find lots of support here, I found it helped to have a read of some diaries, read the ups and downs etc. At least you've done lipotrim before so you kind of know what to expect going into ketosis, I didn't to be honest and had a hard first week. I am in week 9 now, and it does fly by, I get married in June so I am right with you on the june finish line! x

Thanks Tara! I really want this to be THE LAST TIME on a diet and to get my a** in gear once and for all.
Gonna brave it and weigh myself on Tuesday morn and I just KNOW the shock will kick-start me in the right direction!!!
Well done on being 9 weeks in!! You go girl!
Wedding photos are the ones everyone wants to see so at least you know you're gonna look smokin' hot and the one on the mantel-piece or the wall will be a constant encouragement to stay on track.
So here's to June and the future super-slim us! ;)

Right, well here I am on Day 1....

Not feeling hugely confident but, if I can just beat the first day blues, I know tomorrow will be easier.

It did NOT help one bit that one of the patients brought in freshly baked fruit scones with real butter.
Any other day I'd easily scoff the lot but I have just gone out to the back yard at work, and, with a will of iron, crumbled them up and scattered the crumbs for the birds! (With a tear in my eye I might add!)
That's when I knew there was a fighting chance I could actually do this once and for all.

So I've just finished my first meal - oatmeal - one word....YUM! :tongue: Doesn't look like much coming out of the pack but it's surprisingly filling and satisfying I must say!

I've had about 800mls of water so far too, both still and sparkling. Got some nice San Pellegrino sparkling as a little treat.

I know today is gonna drag like a wet week as I'm on my own in work so I might have to do something drastic like a spring-clean ahhhhh!! :eek:

Wish me luck peeps, I'll be checking in here all day to stay focussed. Hope everyone stays strong today. WE CAN DO THIS!

good luck hun. me too love the porridge, its the best breakfast ever.
you can do this.
x

good luck hun. me too love the porridge, its the best breakfast ever.
you can do this.
x

Thanks babe! And I was never a major porridge fan but now breakfasts will be a delish start to the day's journey to Slimville!
Hope your own day's off to a flying start V.
Keep it up! :)

Hellooooooo YAY!!! I found you!!!! : )

X

Helloooo you too Dee-licious! Yes this is my little corner to rant and rave and celebrate little victories and milestones en route to Slimville.
It's seems pretty far away right now but after the first week it'll be just about visible on the horizon....:flirt2:
Baby steps, baby steps!
How's your day going so far missie? Did you get a hike in this morn?

Helloooo you too Dee-licious! Yes this is my little corner to rant and rave and celebrate little victories and milestones en route to Slimville.
It's seems pretty far away right now but after the first week it'll be just about visible on the horizon....:flirt2:
Baby steps, baby steps!
How's your day going so far missie? Did you get a hike in this morn?

Of course..... wee hike with the pups!!!!

Hows your first day going?? x

Thanks babe! And I was never a major porridge fan but now breakfasts will be a delish start to the day's journey to Slimville!
OMG I love the porridge!!!

Its my fave!!!! X

Of course..... wee hike with the pups!!!!

Hows your first day going?? x

Harry & Maisy must be simply loving the new you!! :doggy::doggy:

Not bad so far, must get some more water into me though :waterbottle::waterbottle::waterbottle:

Nearly my lunch-break so best put the kettle on...chicken soup or cottage pie...can't decide hmmmmm :confused:

Shivie said:

Am doing ok Hun, thanks. But got carbs n choc withdrawal as my head is swooshing n feel like am drunk ;-)
Hope ur having a good day too hunni.
Xx

Am doing ok Hun, thanks. But got carbs n choc withdrawal as my head is swooshing n feel like am drunk ;-)
Hope ur having a good day too hunni.
Xx

Plenty of lovely life-giving water to flush away those toxins babe!
We're spring-cleaning our bodies after all. Not much fun getting started but what a feeling of satisfaction when you get stuck in and start to see the results! ;)

Anyone know if you can have skimmed milk in tea?? I was assuming so as you can make the porridge with skimmed milk. I've left my info sheet at home and ain't sure! Ta

Shivie said:
Anyone know if you can have skimmed milk in tea?? I was assuming so as you can make the porridge with skimmed milk. I've left my info sheet at home and ain't sure! Ta

Hi Hun, I use my milk allowance for porridge for my teas/ coffees. N I do my porridge in water.
N I mix 150 ml of milk with 50 ml of water to make it to 200 ml so I can use it throughout the day for my hot drinks.
Happy days ;-)
Xx

A smashing plan V! I've probably gone a bit over the allowance then as I had porridge this morning. But not to worry, only teething problems til I get into the swing of things.

Back