Moosh's weigh in

Fantastic loss MM...well done.

Wow moosh that's amazing loss this far into the diet! That's like 3 weeks of my losses :)

MiniMoosh, are you doing a food diary thingy or anything? i could do with some ideas off you! your losses are brill, what do you have? could you give me an example of one days dairy including drinks? xxx

MiniMoosh, are you doing a food diary thingy or anything? i could do with some ideas off you! your losses are brill, what do you have? could you give me an example of one days dairy including drinks? xxx

I did start off keeping a proper, paper diary. I always do that when dieting, keeps me on track. But I stopped cos I was just writing -shake, spag bol, bar, shake or similar every day!

the last couple of days my choices have changed conserably- for most of this diet I've been having-

shake mush for breakfast
meal pack for lunch
bar cut up at 5pm (kids' teatime, very hard for me) usually a Tesco one as they are bigger!
meal pack or shake mush at 9pm

Week 4 I started having veg, usually at work so usually either celery, cucumber, or a mix of both. Once I had broccoli. It was week 2 I think I started having boullion, keep it to a max of two a day though. And week 2 or 3 I started having coke zero and flavoured water. I drink a LOT of coke zero if I can get my hands on it- had over 2l so far today, I know I will have another litre!

Biggest change this week has been having the choc shakes as shakes rather than mush. I can't see how that makes a difference though, I mean I eat the mush while drinking tons of water so the contents of my tummy is exactly the same! Past couple of days have been- choc shake, choc shake, bar, choc shake or meal. I just can't see how that made a difference!

I will most certainly keep having veg. In a bit will be eating half a cucumber as that's the only veg I have in! I have yet to do the 3 packs, one portion chicken/fish though. Mainly cos.... I can't be bothered to go and buy some then cook it then wash up! Lazy lazy! Though I did get some tuna in water so may try one day.

The other thing that changed this week, and is BAD, is two or three times I have had extra veg or an extra pack. Once it was both! I ate a sodding lettuce then a muesli bar after finishing all my packs! Madness. I don't know about ketosis, I'm non-plussed. The stix alwasy show the same colour, from the first day to today so I stopped using them. Bit rubbish. I feel hungry, I crave, I give in, but is it boredom or hunger? No idea!

I seriously have no idea why I lost 7lb. May be a fluke, maybe it's next week's loss too! Also just realised today is start of TOTM, eek, so could be that. Mine are sporadic and complex! Today I'm light and breezy, like one of those roller-blading skinny minnies on the tampax ads. Tomorrow I will be unable to go out, sobbing, angry, throwing things and generally in pain. And I'll need to drink more, TMI I know but I lose a LOT. Mooncup at the ready.

So maybe it's that! I do know that I won't be stopping the veg anytime soon, I'll do my best not to have extra pack but it won't kill me, iceland apple water when drunk 2l in one go will give you the runs, coke zero does too if not careful.

Ha! well i did ask! thanks for all that, i love coke zero im hammering the stuff but tbh i did on LT and it made no difference, i also have Dr Pepper zero! thats lush, i hate plain water i try and get a litre down a day then have peppermint teas, decaf tea and decaf coffee and then loads of coke zero but its not always 3 litres sometimes just over 2litres! when i split my packs on LT and had them more frequently throughout the day i lost 5.5lbs that week, whereas the week after i just had 3 a day i lost 4lbs! i suppose sometimes we will all have big losses and then other weeks we wont!

I am the exact same when its TOTM mine is due in around 10 days or so! im dreading it! i get angry and miserable but that only lasts for the first day or so!

Do you exercise at all? im back at the gym tomorrow! i only do low impact stuff, havent got the energy for zumba! think it would kill me! ha
tonight im having spag bol with mushrooms and brocoli with a potion of tofu! i cant stomach chicken or fish at the moment, i usually like both but i needed something else to try. I am just about to make it now, if its disgusting then ive got quorn plain fillets to have! will report back, theres a few more carbs in it but ive just put less veg on to compensate for it!

Ha! well i did ask! thanks for all that, i love coke zero im hammering the stuff but tbh i did on LT and it made no difference, i also have Dr Pepper zero! thats lush, i hate plain water i try and get a litre down a day then have peppermint teas, decaf tea and decaf coffee and then loads of coke zero but its not always 3 litres sometimes just over 2litres! when i split my packs on LT and had them more frequently throughout the day i lost 5.5lbs that week, whereas the week after i just had 3 a day i lost 4lbs! i suppose sometimes we will all have big losses and then other weeks we wont!

I am the exact same when its TOTM mine is due in around 10 days or so! im dreading it! i get angry and miserable but that only lasts for the first day or so!

Do you exercise at all? im back at the gym tomorrow! i only do low impact stuff, havent got the energy for zumba! think it would kill me! ha
tonight im having spag bol with mushrooms and brocoli with a potion of tofu! i cant stomach chicken or fish at the moment, i usually like both but i needed something else to try. I am just about to make it now, if its disgusting then ive got quorn plain fillets to have! will report back, theres a few more carbs in it but ive just put less veg on to compensate for it!

I don't specifically exercise, I walk a lot with work. Each school run is a mile, so 4 a day, plus during the day a couple more taking the baby out etc! Nothing more than that. This week may have been different as it was half term, but there was still a lot of walking like museums, going park etc. No idea how much, pedometer broke!

Moosh....I love it when you talk a lot!

It seems only a blink of an eye since you were starting. And you have done great. You are becoming Mini-er by the week. Congratulations.

No-one has a straight line loss - some weeks more than others. Or maybe the variations made your body feel it didnt need to hang on to weight as you weren't going to starve it. Whatever the case, it's a great result and you'll be into the 20sBMI very soon.

I just got slightly jealous when I realised you started 3 weeks after me and are only 6lbs behind and you have a FABULOUS % loss ...and then gave myself a quick talking to as I am so happy at my own results.

You rock., MiniMoosh!

Ali

Aww thanks AliGal, you're making me well up!

I can't believe my loss. I actually thing slowing down would be better- I need to come to terms with the loss and the idea that I could maybe be a slim person rather than the blob who wasted her life. I've never been in a long term relationship, never seriously thought about kids, missed out on jobs and life and everything. All my own fault! I know why I'm fat, I now know how to change it. I really hope this loss is sustainable.....

I'm making plans for maintaining, I keep finding things that should help. I will alwasy go back to VLCDs if I do gain, I know bloody well I can do it now so no excuse! Also plan to use the packs to replace meals when I need. And daily weighing for life, writing it down and not ignoring any gain. I can't wait till I get to the point where I can think 'shall I stay this weight, or shall I lose more?' Want to feel comfy being me!

You are sooooo right - planning now for keeping it off. The first year or two will be crucial in us getting to grips with how to have a new normal.

Your weight loss will be sustainable - because you are planning for it to be sustainable. Reading books and learning lots are fab ways. I've heard great things about the Beck Solution. Getting comfortable with the new bodies we are devloping is crucial. Thank you so much for your post. Makes me very excited .....and also very aware we need to follow through to be happy and keep it off.

Ali

I've just seen they have an Idiot Proof cook book - I'll definitely get that when I'm at goal. I already started loosing on low carb (paleo) eating and then started Alizonne to speed it up.

Have a great week,

Ali

Thanks Ali! I'm going to get the cookbook too, and a couple of books they recommend in the diet book. Good to have plans!

Best of luck for the coming week!

How's it going, MiniMoosh?

Have a great weekend,

Ali

Hi Ali!

Going pretty crap thanks :D have fallen off the wagon somewhat but back 100% today. Not expecting a loss tomorrow, in fact I think a gain of 5lb may be there!

Ah well next week is a new week and I'll do my blinking best to stop nomming!

All good with you?

Sounds good - to stop the nomming and doing the positive stuff that will keep you virtuous.

I shed 2lbs this week....it's in the right direction. I would have liked more as I have stayed on track - but I do know it's speeds up and slows down - never a smooth line.

I've been in London for several days and am now pleased to be home. We'll be off to my MILs on Sunday. I really want to see her but find the house very dusty and/or full of mites so get allergic. I can easily keep up Alizonne there so that's good.

Have a lovely weekend,

Ali

Well done minimoosh :) i fell off the wagon slightly lastnight! its coming upto the totm and i just needed something so had a BL bar on top all my normal stuff but still i was within 650cals so not too bad! what was your blip :) x

Realised I didn't update this week- 2lb down! Considering I blipped so damn much... I am very, very happy with that.

That takes me to 12st 2lb.

3lb till I am 11st something
4lb till I am BMI 30.0
9lb till I am 'overweight'
17lb till I am 10st something
37lb till I am 'healthy'

Back