More than 10 stone to lose.... 5 stone and counting

Looking forward to knowing how you have got on - sorry have been quiet, have started a new job and fallen off track, but I will be back!! :)

I'll be weighing in Saturday or Sunday depending when I decide to head home.

I can well understand how a new job throws you off track as the same happened to me.

Ive been pretty good this fortnight (I hope) ok I've had a big drinking session one night (about 14 pints of lager, and a 10 inch pizza. Oops) but I've been good the rest of the time and even thrown in a couple of fasting days and skipped the odd meal when I haven't been too hungry.

Hope it shows on the scales

Finally another loss, 7lb off, I've just got in from driving back from Scotland and I've had my breakfast, lunch, and about 2 litres of water so hopefully when I weigh myself in the morning on an empty stomach I'll have lost a little bit more than that aswell.

Thank god im losing again, it was getting on for nearly a month without a loss

Well done Ben! You've done brilliantly, that's a great loss and hopefully the scales will be kinder in the morning to further push it too :)

Have you taken your measurements? they'll likely have been decreasing too :)

Didn't really measure myself until I'd already lost about 2.5-3 stone ish, can't really remember. Only measured my waist though and that's gone from a 59.5 to a 56 over the past 6 weeks or so. I'm actually starting to feel a little bit thinner now and feel like I'm starting to look a bit thinner. My clothes are deffinately looking a bit baggy these days aswell

forgot to mention I've also hit the 4 stone mark, and my 25kg bag of cement goal with this 7 lb loss

next target is 300lb's

Last edited:
Re weighed this morning on an empty stomach, better than I thought, am in the 22's, 22st 13 :)

well done ben that it brilliant x x x

WOW, you're doing really well Ben! Bet you're feeling loads better already too :) xx

Well since I got back last Saturday I've been eating around 2000 cals a day as a bit of a break, maybe even more a couple of days, been out on the drink twice aswell and I always go to an extreme doing that, my weight spiked up right up (by half a stone) in the past I would have been really dissapointed by that and thought maybe it's not worth the effort if it all goes back on so easily. This time as a bit of an experiment I ate maintenance calories to see if the half stone increase was either real, partly real, or just fluid. Turns out it wasn't a real gain, I've been eating really quite a lot the last few days and it's settled right back where it started last weekend at 22st13. I feel this weeks break I've given myself should have given my metabolism a real boost aswell. I'm not sure where to go from here though, although I can happily do decent periods of severely restricted calories, once the weight loss tails off I lose motivation and go onto maintenance calories for a while. The weight spike is a bit depressing when I do that although I know it's not real, but it makes it hard for me to not keep giving myself one last day, and then another and another before I go back to a real calorie reduction. I've been thinking of maybe trying some kind of intermittent fasting, but I know in the past I tried the 5:2, and found it far too easy to postpone my fasting days to the point that I wouldn't actually do one during that week, I also used to use my non fasting days as real feasting days eating far too many calories

anyway, I know I'm rambling on but I really feel it's time for me to make some kind if change and am open to suggestions.
I know shakes etc won't work, I need to feel like I'm eating food. Intermittent fasting I find it hard to actually do a fasting day, and too easy to put off. Calorie restriction has worked for me so far, but eventually stops working and then I have to take a break from dieting which I find frustrating. Maybe if that's what has worked so far though I should just keep it up? Or maybe not drop my calories so low that I need to take breaks to get my metabolism going again? But then would the slower losses Kurb my enthusiasm?

maybe I just stop thinking about it and be happy I've lost 61lbs in 13 weeks?

sorry for waffling on lol

You really need to do what works best for you :) I think I'm reaching the same point as you - though it's only really been three weeks! low calories caused a massive quick loss yet - despite a lot of walking and heavy gardening - it's just not coming off. Whilst you know that the gain isn't real - it's still a psychological problem when you see it added on and does knock your confidence a bit, I understand entirely! I do think it is a result for both because of the low calories. Someone wrote in my diary that I need to eat more to see the losses... perhaps it's the same for you too?

Big step for me today, joined a gym, go for my induction Friday.

Going to be concentrating on weight training for now, build some muscle while I burn some fat. Hopefully that will help fill any loose skin I'm probably gonna end up with as I lose more weight.

Joined up up with a friend so hopefully will help keep us both motivated, although he doesn't really need to lose weight and I'm not sure he's in it for the long haul like I am, at least he will be there for my first few sessions until I feel more confident about going though. I could be wrong, it was actually him who suggested it to be fair

im actually pretty excited in some kind of strange way

Well done for taking that step! You'll love it and you won't believe the changes you'll make to your body by lifting weights, AND you get to eat more!! bonus!

Well done, that's a huge psychological step. If your friend does drop out, you'll know what it's like and where to go etc by then (hopefully he won't!!) so like you say it won't be too bad. Plug in, race and get going :D Well done Ben!

well done ben x x

Second time at the gym tonight. Did an hour with a personal trainer. Killed me but glad I did it. Gonna be aching tomorrow.

well done big ben x

Wow, amazing weight loss Ben!! Keep it up xx

Back