Total Solution Mrs Fitz Not Mrs Fatz

MrsFitz

Thought I'd better crack on and get a diary sorted...

I haven't got my start weight as yet - weigh-in and begin tomorrow. The delivery came today but I haven't opened the box yet. I thought I'd get GBBO out of the way and then see what delights await me for the next 6 weeks!

I need to start setting myself some goals. SO, here goes...

Goal 1 - lose a stone by 15th September (wedding anniversary)
Goal 2 - lose 2 stone by 9th October (my birthday)
Goal 3 - lose 3 stone by Bonfire Night
Goal 4 - lose 4 stone by Christmas Day.

These will suffice for the rest of the year. Will concentrate on next years when I've achieved these!

I also have non-weight specific goals too -

Get back to the gym. I used to be a proper gym-bunny and loved it. It helped so much when I lost a large amount of weight before, plus it improved my moods massively. There's no way I'm going to go back at the moment as I'm just a heart attack waiting to happen. Need to get some flab off and then tackle it again. :character00116:

I'm also looking forward to going shopping in my wardrobe once again! This is what I call it when you're able to wear the clothes that you haven't worn for such a long time. There's always that element of surprise when you come across something you forgot you had (most of my wardrobe if I'm being honest ;)) and it FITS!

Wearing clothes with a proper waist (button and zips) Getting out of the world of elasticated waists and shapeless clothes.

Wearing heels once again. Lots of pairs that I can't wear as I'm too fat and they are painful (as well as dangerous, what with continually falling off them)

NICE UNDERWEAR!! Sick of bloody awful granny pants and crap bras. I have nice stuff with lace and everything but no hope in hell of getting in to any of it...sigh...

These goals will do for now.

I'm feeling happy and positive with myself right now. Ready for the god awful headaches and peeing for England. Alcohol is knocked on the head for the long term as I know it will screw with my weight-loss and I don't want that to happen. I'm sure me and water will become BFFs and all that jazz :rolleyes:

Thanks for reading!

Day 1...

Made a cuppa (without milk) grabbed a glass of water and opened the box this morning - there's a lot of stuff there for 6 weeks! Seems a fair variety which is good. There isn't anything that I thought 'yak' immediately. There may be stuff that, as I try it, I'm not too keen on but, to be honest, I haven't actually enjoyed food in such a long time so I know I can try all the stuff and be OK.

I weighed in - oh...119.5lbs to lose. Hey ho, I put the weight on so I'll get the weight off. Couldn't find a tape measure so my measurements will have to wait. I'll take some 'before' pictures later (forever to be hidden away!)

I'm not going to tell friends/colleagues about what I'm doing. I have my diary to talk twaddle to, so that's OK. I'm sure hubby will twig something is different when he finds 126 packets of things lurking around in the kitchen. I know I'll get the 'oh god, what she doing now' eye-roll but if he's any sense, he will keep quiet about it and not nag. I'm doing this for me because I don't have the willpower to go through Dukan again!

Black tea isn't too bad. So happy I can still have sweeteners as giving those up would be a step too far at the moment. Drinking water will be a challenge but there is a water cooler at work so that's good. It will just be all the running to the loo but that will calm down as time goes on. Thankfully I work part-time so there's no faffing about getting the packs organised for work.

Off to try something for brekkie!

Hiya fitz! Welcome! Looking forward to following your journey!
Well done for starting! Yesterday was my day 1 back to TS after my AAM week so we can do it together! X

Thanks for the welcome Pink - much appreciated!

Had the vanilla crunchy cereal thing for brekkie. I need to make sure I put water in the fridge for an hour or so beforehand if I'm having cold stuff. My mind was playing tricks, telling me it was cereal with room temp milk :confused: It actually tasted alright, just the 'milk' thing!

Currently nursing the tomato and basil soup (added black pepper) It's not massively offensive but it didn't mix very well, even though I beat it to death with a whisk. I can cope with having it once a week, it won't kill me! I'm drinking it slowly so maybe if I carry that on, my stomach and brain will reset the 'full' button that is currently broken?

Managed 1 litre of water so far today plus 3 cups of black tea.

Well, that's Day 1 done...

I need to stagger my meals better as I was starving this afternoon. I've managed 2.5l of water plus 1.5l of black tea. Had Pasta Carbonara for dinner and it tasted alright. So not a bad first day all told.

I've started with the god awful carb withdrawal headache, the type that pain killers don't touch but I know it's par for the course so I'm not fretting about it. It will disappear in a few days, probably in conjunction with going in to ketosis so all will be good.

On to Day 2!

Day 2

All ready to power on through Pink! And thanks for the welcome Darcy - much appreciated.

Feeling OK this morning. Slept really well which surprised me as generally the first few days generally mean disturbed sleep for me but I'm happy with that. Feeling a bit fuzzy headed but have thrown some painkillers down which has taken the edge off.

Been to see my GP re stopping smoking. Apparently GPs in my area no longer deal with that as the service has been outsourced. Got the details and have an appointment for Tuesday so hopefully that will go OK.

Hubby is somewhat intrigued with the food packs. Hubby is overweight but he suffers from depression (amongst other things) and he can't get his eating sorting out. He's happy to do Dukan again but at the moment his sleep pattern is completely screwed up so he eats one 'sort of' meal really late on and that's it. If he can get back to three meals a day, he would do really well. He knows this but knowing and doing are two entirely different things as we dieters know! Maybe if he sees me losing weight, it will give him the spur he needs.

Got a busy weekend coming up which will test my willpower. One of my colleagues leaves today so there will be cake. I'll just say I'll save mine for when I get home and give it to whichever one of the kids is hanging around at home. There's a big thing locally over the weekend and two of our friends is having their heads shaved for Macmillan at our local pub. Of course we're going to support them but what on earth can I drink in the pub?? My normal V&DC is a complete non-starter, so is diet coke. I don't do tonic or soda, not sure about black coffee so probably just tea. Can I drink lime or blackcurrant cordial with water? On Sunday we have a leaving do with the theme being the Mad Hatters Tea Party so you can imagine what will be on offer there! Drinking won't be an issue as everyone knows that I don't drink on a 'school' night. I'm hoping food won't be an issue so it should be OK.

Drank a litre of water, a black tea and had a choc & mint shake for brekkie. Again, it wasn't offensive.

Onwards and downwards!

I'd just get a bottle of water. You could ask if they have a sugarfree syrup or sugarfree cordial you could splash into some water or soda?
The teaparty sounds like a lot of fun but a carb minefield lol. I've learned that social events can be unavoidable so have a look at this helpful list of ketogenic foods: https://www.minimins.com/threads/helpful-list-of-ketogenic-foods.188712/ ...so you can make healthy choices that don't affect your body going into ketosis.

Thanks Pink. I'm happy just to drink plain water. They will be shocked at the pub but I'll just say I'm stopping drinking for September As for the tea party, I'll just say that I had something to eat beforehand. Oddly enough, when I'm in the 'zone' so to speak, I can be really strict and stay on plan. I'm feeling very positive, so long may it last! What I learned the last time I lost weight was that I have to be really selfish and stick to my guns. There will always be someone who will do their utmost to de-rail you, who will say that you can have that one forbidden thing, that it won't make any difference but it does to me. If I was able to stop at just one then I wouldn't be the size I am now!

A good day 2. Managed to avoid all the goodies at work and it didn't bother me in the slightest. Had Maple Syrup pancakes for lunch and Shepherds Pie for dinner and really enjoyed both. Drank about 3l of water plus 4 large mugs of tea so I'm there with the fluids. Feeling very tired though and I think I'm a little short-tempered which I can't be in my job. Will have to watch that I think.

For the first Friday in months, I actually came straight home and missed the pub. It hasn't bothered me and I'm now in bed with one of the cats. Hubby is faffing with his dinner and I'm watching QI...life is definitely rock and roll when you're aiming to lose weight!

Day 3...

Been a really difficult afternoon. Had to deal with an exploding bowl of porridge in the microwave so lost half of my brekkie. Had a shake for late lunch (thinking that would help me cope for a while) and then down to the pub. Had three pints of very watered down blackcurrant squash and almost lost the will with the smell of the food. We left early as it was just getting too much. I could have very easily said 'sod it' and gone off-plan but I'm home now and there is nothing interesting to eat here so will have a pack of something in a bit and go to bed early I think.

Just tomorrow to get through and it will be back to 'normal' for a few days!

Hi MrsFitz

We started the same diet on the same day. It is good to hear that you are struggling a little too on day 3. I am so hungry right now:confused:. I know it gets better once the first week is over but right now I am only just holding on. I have been on a VLCD before (Cambridge) and had significant success until I went on holiday and stopped. So I know it gets easier, we both have to just hang in there, it will be so worth it.

Thanks Darcy, hoping for a smoother time of it now!

Hi Hmurgy, It always helps to hear about others experience doesn't it? I haven't done a VLCD before so a lot of it is new. I did do Dukan so I'm OK with the high protein/low carb approach and know what to eat if faced with a meal out or something. It's just that I don't want to start thinking of that right now. I'd rather just stick to plan for the foreseeable and see how things go :) We CAN do this!!!

Day 4 and feeling a bit woolly-headed. I've noticed I'm more tired but I'm also waking earlier in the morning. Taking myself off to bed early was the right choice for me last night. I was away from any possible temptations and felt much better for it. I had the spag bol for dinner last night - ew! Not something I'd be willing to have again if I had the choice. It just had a funny kind of aftertaste and left a strange coating on my tongue :eek:

Will be having cheese and bacon eggs for brekkie and will figure the rest out as I go along. I'm not finding water a problem, which is odd as I would only ever drink water on holiday when it's hot. Obviously my body is telling me I need it.

One thing I am glad about is that I don't have to go food shopping so that temptation is taken away from me for now. Hubby is in charge of that for him and whichever kid we have hanging around. It got to the point where nothing was appealing to either of us so we'd spend silly amounts on 'junk'. We'd nip in for milk and come out having spent £25 on crap, which neither of us particularly wanted but we couldn't be bothered with thinking properly. To be honest, we have a freezer and cupboards full of stuff so it's a good time for the kids to work their way through what we have and get it all emptied! Hubby is happy to go back on high protein/low carb for his weight-loss and has been surprisingly supportive of my latest efforts. He doesn't want to try the packs with me but he may change his mind if he sees me having some astounding weight-loss!

Watching F1 today and then off to the tea party. I know I can get away with just stopping an hour if I find it too much again, so I'm feeling more at ease with that. I'm not telling anyone about my weight-loss plan and have asked hubby to keep quiet about it around our friends. I think that the additional pressure of others expectations can be too much at times, especially when starting out. My son is concerned about what I'm doing and isn't convinced that it's healthy but I've told him I know what I'm doing :)rotflmao: LOL!) and that I will be careful. I know it's only because he cares, bless him.

Have a good Sunday!

Got through today OK. Cheese and bacon breakfast eggs? The food of Satan. The nastiest, most horrible tasting bowl of yak, ever. 4/5 of it went in the bin. The other packets will follow, believe me. I didn't have anything else, just 3 glasses of water and 3 teas to take the god awful taste away.

Decided to watch the F1 race later in the day and went to the pub for the tea party. I even helped set out the food etc - carb heaven! I didn't touch a thing, not even a sneaky taste - yay, go me!! I drank 2 coffees and 3 pints of weak blackcurrant squash and felt very settled. Hot food was also being served and it didn't bother me in the slightest. We spent 4 hours or so in the pub and left a lot happier than I did yesterday.

Had a pasta soup as soon as we came home and it was really nice. Drank more water while watching the race and have just rounded off the day with blueberry & raspberry pancakes which felt like a treat.

Feels like a good weekend overall. I've stayed faithful to the plan, which is amazing as I generally find weekends really very trying and it's never taken much to knock me off-plan. 2 days spent at the pub and no alcohol which means no craving of carbs = result!

Looking forward to the start of a new week tomorrow and more fat being lost :)

Oh believe me, there will be days when I screw up, royally! It's the nature of the beast :p

There's no great secret, just feeling OK with myself at the moment and happy that I've finally decided to do something instead of sitting on my fat arse, whingeing about how nothing fits me and that I hate myself (that's been a constant theme running through my head for such a long time!)

An idea - get an item of clothing that's a couple of sizes too small and hang it up where you can see it. Use that as your motivation. It really does work!

Well done - a good day! :)

Amazing how everyone's tastes vary.......I love the eggs, had them for my tea :D

......I have perfected making them, microwave not pan :)

Back