tin green lentils

I used the tinned lentils and it turned out fine and tasty too.

I was never keen on lentils really, i've only made this with green and found it really tasty. Not sure if anyone has made it with both red & green lentils.

Maybe silly sausage can do a scientific experiment for you and make one of each and do a taste test :giggle:

That's a really good idea emsie! My loaf tin is scratched to ******* after trying to clean it! I was thinking of getting a silicone loaf tin, but this might be better.

Never cooked with lentils before... This was lovely! Will def make again & will be on look out for tinned lentils next time. Would b interested in any other (SW friendly) similar recipes anyone has to share :) x

Just replying so that I can find this thread again when I've got some lentils in - looks lovely and I like silly sausage's idea of reducing the cheese so you can have it as a HEXA.

Thanks for the recipe!

Well I couldn't wait after seeing this recipe - dived out to shops to get the lentils & fresh chestnut mushrooms (our Asda didn't have dried).

It's in the oven & I just hope the marmite doesn't ruin it for me :p Not a liker let alone a lover of he dark stuff!

Even using FF cheese, as long as it's divided into 4 servings, it's only just over the HEA daily allowance per serving.

I've got my fingers crossed I like this as it'll be ideal to freeze & take to work with a mixed salad.

this sounds lovely think im gonna give it a go and report back how it is, thank you :)

The jury's in & the verdict is - - - flippin scrummy :p EVEN WITH THE MARMITE :D

Left it to cool a bit & it came out of my silicone loaf tin like a dream. A couple of bits are in the freezer for later in the week but got a slice with salad for tommorrow.

Well I couldn't wait after seeing this recipe - dived out to shops to get the lentils & fresh chestnut mushrooms (our Asda didn't have dried).

It's in the oven & I just hope the marmite doesn't ruin it for me :p Not a liker let alone a lover of he dark stuff!

Even using FF cheese, as long as it's divided into 4 servings, it's only just over the HEA daily allowance per serving.

I've got my fingers crossed I like this as it'll be ideal to freeze & take to work with a mixed salad.

Wondering why you would have wanted dried mushrooms? I just use ordinary mushrooms in mine :) Sounds like yours turned out well anyway!
I really want to make this again got no green lentils at the mo might try it with red!

Futher to my earlier post of loving this loaf, I've had another go & used a tin of chick peas instead of the lentils.
Just as scrummy in my opinion.
Next time, I might squash or halve the chick peas as it did tend to crumble a bit more than the lentil version.

Yay!!! That's fantastic silly! Just goes to show veggie slimming world food isn't boring or tasteless!

I still haven't got over my aversion to mushrooms or onions yet! I'm quite miffed :mad: I used to have mushrooms and onions just about everyday before i became pregnant! Humph!

Back