Mushy pea curry

ive heard so many people rave about this but i just dont like the sound of it lol im going to be brave and give it a go this week though so i';; let you know how i go x

Ok I'm gonna sound thick but what does it taste like? As in chip shop Chinese or Indian maybe a brand of sauce? I don't like mushy peas but everyone seems to love this recipe think I'll blitz and leave beans out! God hope its as good as everyone says but th ingredients are so cheap if it ends up in th bin I won't care haha

This is lush and so quick to cook up! Thanks :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins so please excuse any random typos!

Oohh sounds lush - may make for tea.

Quick question - are mushy peas superfree?

Thanks!

Oohh sounds lush - may make for tea.

Quick question - are mushy peas superfree?

Thanks!

They are not superfree as they are not free on red, they are a super speed food though xxx

Okay thanks Mrs Wilskncroft - still can't get my head around the difference between superfree and super spees despite being on SW for a few months lol.

Curry was delish though!!
OH looked at the ingredients and thought I'd gone mad but it tasted lovely and so filling!

The easiest way for me to remember is that anything which is free on both green and red are a super free food. If they are synned or classed as a healthy extra then I know they are not super free.

So basically it's most fruits and vegetables except starchy veg like potatoes, beans, peas, sweet corn, parsnips.

I'm going to give the curry a try as it sounds interestingxxx

I've never done the Red/Green days as when I joines SW the EE was the one I was introduced to.

Just re-read the first few pages of the EE book from the 2013 pack to help it sink in a bit.

Makes more sense now - I've never paid much attention to the symbols beside foods the book before - doh!!
Lol.

Thank you!

I love this and will be making this for lunch. I really need some proper stodge in this weather and I have everything I need too!

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1376060312.905134.jpg

LOVE THIS RECIPE XX

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

I adore this recipe, but like some others I put 1 tin of chopped tomatoes, 1 tin of beans, 2 tins of mushy peas so that there's superfree in there, also add onions, mushrooms and chopped peppers.

But I always serve it with brown rice, I know its a carb heavy meal but does that really matter on SW? As long as we eat to plan?

Someone told me about the curry at group, and I've made it almost every fortnight since. I live on my own,and yes it freezes and I use tomatoes AND beans, and 2 tins of MPs, mushrooms, onions and usually chicken breast, but I've also used pork. I looked on this thread last week and saw that it said sweetener, so I asked at group and some said yes, some said no. Well I added it this week, and for me it ruined it. I think (well for my taste) the bean juice adds more than enough sweetness. At the moment I'm using Sharwoods medium curry powder, but have to say I'm getting to like it a bit more every time I have it, so keep adding extra. I mix it altogether in my big stew pot when everything is cooked to make sure it's mixed well, and I get 6 take-away tubs out of it, and on the day I just thaw one out and add boiled rice. I've never been a curry or spicy food ,lover, but have to say I thoroughly enjoy this. It's so cheap to make, it's easy to experiment to see what version you like best. xx

Been looking for this recipe it intrigues me :)

Back