Mushy Pea Curry

I bought all the ingredients for this, planning to make it tomorrow... Quite nervous, as I only recently realised I liked mushy peas! Fingers crossed...

You wont regret it, tastes sooo yummy I have 3 extra portions to put in the freezer for another day as well

hmmmm does this taste like peas??? I hate peas!!

Also, is it best to do the beans one or the tomato one???

Wondering if i should blend the peas - cos I dont like the whole round pea thing, and esp the skins of them hmmmmm!!!

I made this for tea on Friday. I only used 1 tin of peas in case I didn't like it but it was lovely so I'll definately be making it again.

OMG!! Hold the front page!!!

I am a convert!! I bl**dy love it!!

I absolutely HATE peas with a passion, and mushy ones even more than that, but everyone raved about this, and it is a good speed food so I thought I would give it a whirl and OMG!!

You have to try this - do not let the mushy pea bit put you off!

made this the other day without the curry powder, it was lush. Going to try it with the powder for a group taster night coming up!

Omg!!! I absolutely loved this! I was really sceptical as I hate mushy peas and tomatoes but wow really nice!

I added lots of extra spices like crushed chillis, fenugreek, paprika, and plenty of madrass curry powder. Went down a treat.

On an EE would the tomatoes, mushrooms and mushy peas count as super free food?

Omg!!! I absolutely loved this! I was really sceptical as I hate mushy peas and tomatoes but wow really nice!

I added lots of extra spices like crushed chillis, fenugreek, paprika, and plenty of madrass curry powder. Went down a treat.

hi kankles, pebbles here - so im gonna give this a go then. ive resisted for so long.

I made this last week and also added a lot of spices, some fresh chillies and some spinach - it was lush!!!! :D A little on the thick side so i added some water!

I agree that it tastes even better the day after! I had it with Quorn mince and it was lovely

The tomatoes and mushrooms would be superfree and the mushy peas would just be free.

This looks gorgeous, I LOVE all of the ingredients in it and I just happen to have all of them in the house! That never happens! Woohoo! lol
Thank you so much, will let you know how it goes

Oh, and do any of you know how many syns are in the Maykway curry powder? I've got a tub full and was just gonna use that x

Is this free on a green day?

I have made this and as I only had the maykway curry sauce mix in my cupboard (which has quite a few syns in), I decided to try experimenting with a few different spices and good lord, I've died and gne to heaven. I added alittle bit of corriander, pinch turmeric and chilli flakes and a a bit more cumin than any of the otherspices and it's gorgeous!!! Got a bit of a thai green curry sort of twist to it and I love it! Makes a massive amount too so will do me a fair few days. Having mine with a bit of rice for tea, cant wait! Thanks for the recipe!! x

I just made a batch for lunch and it's surprisingly good! Well, I adapted slightly:

3 tins mushy peas
1 tin baked beans
1 carton chopped tomatoes
1/2 pint veggie stock
2 sweet potatoes, cubed
1 onion
2 garlic cloves
Frylight
Curry powder and a dash of sweetner to taste

It's actually really nice! I added tomatoes and stock because there wasn't enough liquid to cook the sweet potato otherwise. I sweated the onion and garlic together first. Now it's reduced it's gone really thick and filling! Wish I had a bag of spinach to chuck in! x

Back