My 128 lb Drop Diary [WEEK 67]

Hmmm, I'm confused now lol. My Doctor and Nurse said I should warm up the joints. I'll try what you said and start off exercising slowly, thanks for the advice.

A good routine is the Leslie sansone 1 mile walk. It's on YouTube . You'll walk 1 mile in 15 mins in your own home in one spot. It starts slow and gets the heart pumping. It picks up speed and you get a bit of a sweat on, then it's over! Check it out. Very gentle on the joints x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

A good routine is the Leslie sansone 1 mile walk. It's on YouTube . You'll walk 1 mile in 15 mins in your own home in one spot. It starts slow and gets the heart pumping. It picks up speed and you get a bit of a sweat on, then it's over! Check it out. Very gentle on the joints x

I will have a look at that :) Thank you hun xx

I will have a look at that :) Thank you hun xx

I'm huge and I can manage it. Haven't done it for ages though. Must start again as it's over with pretty quickly and you're walkin about 4mph which is a great burn! X

I'm huge and I can manage it. Haven't done it for ages though. Must start again as it's over with pretty quickly and you're walkin about 4mph which is a great burn! X

Definitely something that I will be doing, thanks :D With music on and lots of water the time will fly by :) It's simple and easy x

Hmmm, I'm confused now lol. My Doctor and Nurse said I should warm up the joints. I'll try what you said and start off exercising slowly, thanks for the advice.

I know, it is weird.

But this is advice received from a qualified private health advisor. I now don't stretch at all and do a slow warm-up instead, I feel better this way.

Then again, this is just muscle-wise. If you want to rotate and move your ankles in a warm-up that would be fine :D

So my next post will be the weigh-in results.

Let's hope for 2lbs+.

So my next post will be the weigh-in results.

Let's hope for 2lbs+.

Fingers crossed it's a good one x

Good afternoon everyone. Woke-up and weighed myself in at... 303.4 :( So I gained 1.6lb...

Can't help but say I am gutted. I didn't over do it at all this week, so I am kind of confused. REALLY confused in fact.

I worked out 5 days this week, 5 days!!! Which is the most exercise I have in the last 5 years.

I knew this week wouldn't be a huge loss, but -1.6lb, really? I was hoping for at least 2lb.

It isn't a nice feeling when you have nothing to show after a week of hard work, probably the most effort out of all the weeks was put in yet I managed to gain weight.

I was suspecting this may happen as it happened to me. You are eating too little and not refuelling your body. Eat more and drink alot more. When you exercise you tear muscles that need water to repair so they retain it. So drink more so it doesn't get retained. Also if you eating too little your body will panic and hold on to any fat stores. Believe me, it does. I upped my cals and the week after that I lost about 4 lb. My body thought it was starving so my metabolism slowed down but when I had more cals, about 1800 a day my body thought, ok I'm getting fuel now, Incan start burning the fat again. Try it, go maybe 1500-1600 cals a day after exercise, so eat healthy cals like nuts etc and have bigger meals and i promise you'll lose.

As you are big you need more fuel to be alive. Mfp recommends me to have 2090 cals a day to lose 2lb a week! I have around 1500-1800 and lose consistently. give it a go xxx

I was suspecting this may happen as it happened to me. You are eating too little and not refuelling your body. Eat more and drink alot more. When you exercise you tear muscles that need water to repair so they retain it. So drink more so it doesn't get retained. Also if you eating too little your body will panic and hold on to any fat stores. Believe me, it does. I upped my cals and the week after that I lost about 4 lb. My body thought it was starving so my metabolism slowed down but when I had more cals, about 1800 a day my body thought, ok I'm getting fuel now, Incan start burning the fat again. Try it, go maybe 1500-1600 cals a day after exercise, so eat healthy cals like nuts etc and have bigger meals and i promise you'll lose.

As you are big you need more fuel to be alive. Mfp recommends me to have 2090 cals a day to lose 2lb a week! I have around 1500-1800 and lose consistently. give it a go xxx

I upped my cals the last week and a half though. I was 1800-2000 each day (apart from Christmas which was around 2500-3000).

And the even more confusing part... I feel lighter this week. I felt like I lost another 4lbs. Another explanation could be muscle gain from exercising? My arms are definitely bigger, but could I really gain 1.6lb of muscle in a week?

Back to your point, I will stick with 1800-2000 a day. I am not letting this get to me, I will just respond with more nutrition and more exercise. Thanks for your help!

Today is the cheat day, but I may as well cancel it. The whole point of the cheat day is to reward myself for losing weight.

Nearly tempted to not drink at all on New Years night. I want to see myself under 300lb this time next week.

I will respond to this disappointment with a workout right now, not going to let weight gain get to me.

Anyway, I hope you all enjoy your last Sunday of 2012!

Today is the cheat day, but I may as well cancel it. The whole point of the cheat day is to reward myself for losing weight.

Nearly tempted to not drink at all on New Years night. I want to see myself under 300lb this time next week.

I will respond to this disappointment with a workout right now, not going to let weight gain get to me.

Don't let it get to you. Fight it. Your body will reward you. Your body is getting used to exercise, using muscles it hadn't used puts strain on it. Go for 5 pints of water a day on work out days and eat back your exercise cals. This keeps the metabolism going. It speeds up after exercise so if you eat it burns what you Ate and more.
Are you exercising day after day? You could try every other day to give your body time to cAtch up. It took me a few months to find a cal intake and diet that I was losing with week after week but now I'm settled in it it's working great. I feel your frustration though, I really do.
I so don't eat after about 6 pm and that's helped me lose too. I lose more if I drink 4 pints if water and stick to my 6 pm curfew. Up to 4 lbs or more sometimes on those weeks with no exercise either!

Not sure about building muscle, that could be what happened but prob it's water retention. Get swigging! Add sugar free squash to make it taste better xx

Here's my post from July when it happened to me:

i posted this on the WeMITTS board but i thought i'd ask here too:

hi, ive had a 100% week and ive been doing exercise which i wasnt doing last week, but i weighed this morning, and havent lost anything, ive put on about a pound. what the hell is going on?! my official weigh in day is tomorrow, but im dreading it, it feels like im stalling already in week 3.
im going to do some more exercise today and stick to my slim fast plan and hope to god i lose something when i weigh tomorrow coz thats whats been keeping me going! x

I followed the advice I gave you and the week after that I lost!

I can only reiterate all that has been said above - just make sure your extra cals are good cals in the form of nuts, eggs, veg, etc - macademia nuts and cranberries are my fave at the moment and I also buy the bags of shelled nuts cos then I have to open them rather than just grazing on a handful - keeps you aware how much you have eaten & it's slower.
Struggling too but I know I have had damn all water & I was on over 2.5 litres a day, so need to change that. You could just have some water retention going on and so it's not a disaster as you know you've not gained fat - eventually you'll see the result on the scale.
Just remember not to let number dictate your week, got on with it. It wont be the same number next week.

REV23 said:

Can I just say Alex, you should never ever reward weight loss with food! Psychologically it's about the worst thing you could possibly do. Reward yourself, yes, but never with food. :) xx

I agree with this to an extent, but I know where he's coming from as I do the same. I do really well all week then come weigh day I relax it a d have what I want which is maybe garlic bread with lasagne instead of salad, or a bag of crisps with eastenders. This keeps me from cheating in the week then, and I look forward to my treat on a Friday.

I found an article aswell that I will post now...

I do agree that you shouldn't totally deprive yourself, or you're doomed to fail. :) I do have days where I indulge myself, though not every week. But if you think about it logically, overeating is a form of addiction, so using food as a reward for fighting that addiction is a bit like a smoker saying, well I've not smoked all week, so I'll treat myself to a few fags at the weekend as a reward - you're reinforcing the addiction rather than changing your mindset, which is what you need to do for long-term success. Sorry to waffle on, but I've been giving a lot more thought to the mental aspect of weight loss this time round, as it's the one thing I've never managed to crack, and it's so vital. :) xx

Here's just one of many articles about weight loss rewards on the web - think a lot of these suggestions are more aimed towards women, lol, but you get the idea:

http://www.selfgrowth.com/articles/21_Ways_to_Reward_Yourself_Without_Food.html

You really need to break that association between food and reward/comfort/feeling good etc. It's the most important thing when it comes to keeping the weight off - you basically need to re-programne your neural pathways! Easier said than done, of course, I haven't managed it yet! :) xx

Sorry to hear you didn't get the results you were expecting Alex. We all have bad weeks on the scales, even when we've done really well on exercise or eating well, but it could be muscle gain. It's not always about how many calories you eat, but the sort of things you eat and where you get your calories from. I agree with Tracy but it is different for every individual and what works best for them. If I was to treat myself to a bit of chocolate or something that is one of my favourite foods every week, then for me I would feel that wouldn't work because I would like to limit those foods as much as possible to only having them at Christmas or my birthday, so once or twice a year so that I can prove to myself that I can cope without eating my favourite foods.. I know that I can, but I do want my favourite foods to change from chocolate and crisps with sour cream and chive dip, to something more healthier like bananas, oranges and low fat yogurt :) I like your example there Tracy, about the smoking and bringing the addiction back to step 1 even when you go all week without it and then you go back to it for a day or 2. It's just teasing yourself.

Back