My Exante TS Diary

Day 8:

Toffee Caramel Shake (delicious)
Chocate Mint Cookie (delicious)
1 whole red pepper (fresh veg not exante)

Drinks:
Tea, unsweetened almond milk 30ml, canderel x2
Coffee, US almond milk 45ml, canderel x2, 1/2tsp of vanilla essence.

After yesterday's extra eating I really didn't feel hungry enough to eat a third pack. It was weird! But I did instead chop up a medium whole red pepper and munched on that. I've decided that if i really want to snack, a few fresh vegetables is fine. The calories are low, they are good for you and as I have been craving them its best to just go with it instead of scoffing something unhealthy.
My ketostix also arrived and I am in ketosis (not dark purple, moderate purple) so hopefully a bit of fresh veg now and then won't affect that.

I also exercised today and did 10 minutes of Abs workouts. I know thats not very much but i was dying after it so will have to be good enough for now lol!

Just found this on the Exante website. Eating 100 calories of vegetables from a restricted list per day is allowed on their Total Plus plan. Unfortunately red peppers arent on the list so thats out for next time! You can eat this way - 3 packs+100g of any veg from the list, and do this for 12 weeks without a break. Its called Total Plus (instead of Total Solutions). I don't intend to do it eveyday but will do it on the days when I really want something fresh.

The first number is the amount of Calories in 100grams, the second is the amount of carbs per 100g:

Alfalfa Sprouts 23 0.2
Asparagus 20 1.7
Aubergine 25 3.0
Avocado 160 2.0
Bamboo Shoots 27 2.8
Bean Sprouts 30 4
Broccoli 34 4.4
Cabbage (any type) 25 3.5
Cauliflower 25 3.0
Celery 16 1.4
Courgette 17 2.1
Cucumber 16 3.1
Fennel 31 3.9
Green beans 31 4.3
Green pepper 20 2.9
Lettuce 15 1.6
Kale 28 3.6
Marrow 11 1.1
Mushrooms 25 3.0
Olives (green or black) 146 0.4
Pak choi 13 1.2
Radish 16 2
Rocket 25 2.0
Spinach 23 1.4
Spring onions 32 4.4
Tomato 18 3
Turnip 22 3
Watercress 11 0.8

That's really good news especially for those days when you just want to munch on something
I can have 100g of protein every day every 3 weeks on Cambridge which is strange how it's every 3 rd week but there as back up if I need it
How are you feeling today ?

Hi Alyson :) I've (almost) stopped trying to understand how these diets work! The main attraction to Exante for me was that I didnt have to count calories as I'm terrible at that..also weighing stuff..which is why i'm not much of a baker! So in all it was a better day yesterday. Although I did sneak a couple of small pickled gherkins into ones gob when making lunches but I'm going to look past that for the sake of my sanity!

Day 9:

Golden Syrup Porridge (Soooo good!)
Spaghetti bolognaise (okay)
(Exante) pizza (also good!)

Hey I am so glad your feeling more upbeat , when you have down days it can feel like the hours go so slowly by and it's a never ending task !
Is the Exante expensive ? I am paying €60 per week for 7 bars and 14 porridges. I don't like the soups they are awful and I can't stomach shakes at all so my daily helping of gruel and a bar is a tad boring lol
Any weekend plans ?

I got a couple of bulk buy deals on the Exante site, they seem to have them on all the time though! I thought it was a one off so bought alot the first time I purchased. Instead of getting the mixed boxes of random packs, i chose the things i wanted using the 100 for £85 deal and 40 for £20. I bought the pizzas and fajitas in 7 pack boxes as they werent in any deals (although i did get a small discount off them with a code). I have enough for about 2 months..i think! I have a full box in the kitchen which i've been rifling through each day to choose what i want, its a bit like a lucky dip lol!

Hows Cambridge going for you? Have you seen a good loss? How long have you been on it for now? I havent tried the exante soups yet but i do have a fair few of them.

We've no plans for the weekend but the kids have a baby disco on tmrw which shouls be super cute to watch! What about you?xx

The porridges ive tried on exante have all been great but the bars are a bit...'sandy'..?!..they just have this weird grainy texture which from reading somewhere might be the protein, but they are manageable although def not moreish!

Yeah it's a lot cheaper then I hadn't heard of it until I start reading these boards
I have lost 2 stone 6lbs so far I am due to be weighed on Weds after 2 weeks as my lady was on holidays so hoping for 3kg but I usually walk a lot and this week being school holidays I haven't and I am still due on so probably being a bit optimistic!
OH and daughter got Chinese tonight so am feeling :( but I still have a porridge left so will have that soon so hopefully the yummy smells will be gone then lol
I can only get the peanut bars ATM which are nice but I am not sure if that's only because it's different from the porridge lol
No plans for this weekend except getting my a$$ out and try get some steps done

That's fantastic!! Well done!!! You should be so proud of yourself. If i get anywhere near a stone I would be chuffed. I do worryy the first week 5lbs was mostky water weight. I snuck on the scales he last couple of days and they just arent moving. At least theyre not going up though!

Great mindset to keep up with the exercise. I've tried to get on track with that too, i'm sore today from the abs exercises i did yesterday but i perservered and did it again today.

Good luck with your weigh in on wednesday!! :)

Day 10
Apple crumble (nice)
Spag bol (ok)
Choc shake (ok)
1 Dr pepper Zero
Tea, 2 canderel, 45ml almond milk
Coffee, 2 canderel, 30ml almond milk

Day 11
Vanilla cereal (nice)
Sweet potato & butternut soup (not good, added garlic powder, pepper, bullion and cumin)
Gooey choc pudding (yuk)
Tea, 2 canderel, 45ml almond milk

Last edited:
Day 12:

Chocolate coconut bar (okay, texture not very pleasant but tasted nice)
Mexican rice (added cumin, garlic powder and smoked paprika..tasted..ok)
Honeycomb shake (good but not as nice as the toffee one thouhh tasted similar)

I made a pack of the Breakfast Eggs this morning but put one piece in my mouth which I didn't swallow. They were awful!

Drinks:
2xTea, each with 45ml almond milk, 2 canderel
Water 3.5 litres

Went for a long and difficult bike ride and felt the burn!

Well done on the bike ride , when we moved over here I rode a bike ( as it's the done thing ) for the first time in about 25 years lol and I can confidently say I can now "just about" go stopping and dismounting is still a problem lol it doesn't help that in comparison to Dutch people I am a hobbit and the bikes are made for their long Dutch legs not my short ar$E ones :)
What day do you weigh again ? I hope you have a lovely Monday x

Back