My Journey ... 16th Sept 2013 to 27th May 2014. 8 Months : 9 Stone 4lbs

So tonight both my daughter and I hit our targets :D ... 2 stone off for her and 11 stone 3lbs for me. She took the scenic route and I donned my blinkers and focused ... and along the way we both learned the lessons that we needed to learn but in our own ways :)

Here's my Before and After picture :) AAAA.jpg

Wow, what an achievement! :happy096: I bet your family must be so proud of you.

So tonight both my daughter and I hit our targets :D ... 2 stone off for her and 11 stone 3lbs for me. She took the scenic route and I donned my blinkers and focused ... and along the way we both learned the lessons that we needed to learn but in our own ways :)

Here's my Before and After picture :)View attachment 148640

Wow - well done , what a change. Congratulations on your target. :)

A fantastic achievement , well done. You look amazing and a total different person. You must be jumping up and down with joy.

Simply life changing and at the risk of not offending ......... Life saving as well !! You are an inspiration to us all.

Mark

Thanks all :) and no offence taken at all Mark (I live in a household of Man City supporters so love your user name!) - I really did this for health reasons, and that's why it has to be a lifetime lifestyle change for me. I don't ever want to put myself in that dangerous place again!

My first two weeks of maintaining have gone well (despite the stressing about it during the first week lol) ... I've just added in some extra fruit to my normal on plan eating and it seems to be enough :)

Thank you Kally :)

It's my birthday today and I'm intending to keep on track ... currently having an amazing birthday breakfast of 4 ryvita topped with lemon and dill quark and smoked salmon - it's absolutely delicious! Lunch will be whatever fruit I grab as I have a busy day planned but dinner tonight will be a blue cheese frittata style omlette (made with eggs straight from the hens - sooo creamy and, well, eggy tasting lol) alongside a HUGE mixed salad with lashings of balsamic vinegar followed by a raspberry Eton Mess. All healthy, yet all foods I love - this really is achievable as way of eating for life!

Is it sad that I'm ultra excited to be able to feel like I'm 'treating' myself foodwise while knowing it's still healthy? lol Being at target is a bit scary and I'm kind of feeling my way, so feeling confident that I'm in control is just about the best birthday present I could have wished for :D

Happy Birthday Molly! :birthday:

I bet on your birthday last year you would never have believed where you'd be on your journey today.

I am drooling at the thoughts of your blue cheese omlette. We get fresh eggs straight-from-hen too, and they taste amazing.

The blue cheese omelette was amazing!! :D And to stop myself picking at the cheese I weighed it all out, wrapped it in clingfilm and froze the portions lol

I get my eggs from a chicken owning friend, but I am considering trying to persuade my husband to let me have some chickens of my own so that I have a regular and bigger supply. Trouble is we live very close to a park and a lot of urban foxes AND have 2 dogs and 5 cats, so I'm not sure it would work. Do you keep your own hens?

Thanks for the birthday wishes :) I had an awesome day with lots of craft based presents - which I'm now going to go and play with :D

My dad and stepmum have chickens, they must have 25-30 of them. They have a massive run for them at the bottom of their garden, all fenced in. The fox does get in occasionally but their cat doesn't bother any more after getting a peck ;)

I'm actually terrified of hens so don't get v close :eek:

Sent from my phone... if I can work it properly

Ahhhh - that's a lot of hens! I'm thinking more like 4 lol - we have a wildfowl and poultry farm near us - I think I'll take a run up there and have a look at their coops :)

Good idea, they'll probably have good advice. My dad didn't mean to have so many, new chicks keep hatching!

Sent from my phone... if I can work it properly

Now I'm envisaging cute fluffy chicks :D There's no way I could have a rooster though, the neighbours would kick up a storm :( It's rare I miss living in the country (I'm a real urbanite lol) but this is one of those occasions!

Back