My journey to being a slim healthy and happy mum

sophiebryony

I started Slimming World in November and lost a stone by Christmas, I was soooo pleased but over Christmas and after a few holidays it has started to creep on rather than losing more. I have been going to the weekly weigh ins at group but not staying for the meeting as I didn't have a babysitter but now my partners mum is coming to babysit so we can both go along.

I weighed in last night at 17 stone 1 ughhhhh

I am setting myself mini goals, I want to be in the 15s by July 19th (my birthday) then 14.5 stone for my little boys christening at the end of August. My ultimate goal would be to reach 10 stone for next summer ready for our wedding, we are still deciding a date.

I am determined to stick to it, when I think how much I would have lost if I had stuck to the diet these past five months I feel sooo disappointed in myself. I also need to make much more of an effort to do more exercise. As I work from home I rarely get the chance to be out and about during the day and evenings are spent looking after the little man.

My plan is to stick to extra easy but cook some sp meals, I have recently discovered cauliflower rice/mash and squash mash. AMMMAZZING!

I have struggled with food cravings all day but I have stuck to it although I have eaten quite a lot and not much super free food!

My diary for today is:

Breakfast: banana, apple, grapes with Mullerlight yogurt
Snack: Apple, ryvita and small bit of dairylea (HEX B and 1/4 A)
Lunch: Low fat super noodles with mushrooms
Snack: grapes and 2x mugshots

I am planning on trying a recipe for an SP lasagne I found using sliced courgette instead of lasagne sheets and the extra light Philadelphia with eggs for the white sauce (HEX A). I will try to remember to take a picture and let everyone know how it goes.

I just made some sugar free jelly to have as a snack this evening, apparently if you stir in a mullerlight just before it sets and put it back in the fridge for a while it turns into a lovely mouse type dessert.

Good luck everyone!

Just remembered I forgot to take a picture of the lasagne, it didn't look that great though lol. It works well with the courgette but we ended up using three biggish ones to make a two layered lasagne to feed 2 people, so you do need quite a lot. The soft cheese didnt work so well though, it was quite overpowering. I think it would be better to save a bit of chopped tomatoes/passata and put it on top with a sprinkling of HEX A cheese.

The sugar free jelly/yogurt mixture was nice and definitely made the jelly taste nicer. My little boy loved it!

I just made some porridge pancakes to use up some of my syns. They are really nice especially with chopped up fruit and a bit of sweetener. I mixed 2 packets of 30g porridge oats with one mullerlight and two eggs then fried for a couple of minutes. Some people use milk instead of yogurt but i think the mullerlights give them a bit of flavour.

I use the muller light yoghurt on my oats soaked overnight to make my pancakes. Very nice!

When I started I was nearly 16 stone and would ultimately love to be 10 stone. It's a long way to go but just take each day at a time.

You'll soon lose the pounds and gain the awards.

Getting married is an amazing incentive to help keep you going

Good luck

Hi MissBlueEyes, the pancakes and porridge taste so much better when left overnight.
I do have a long way to go but I just have to take one day at a time, I find if I start the week off well and am really good for a few days once I see the numbers on the scales go down a bit I don't want to mess up my hard work by being naughty. For me, it is about getting my head in the right place at the start to stick to it, and a wedding is definitely good motivation.

I am trying to do an SP day today, but I have some bananas etc. to use up so wont be 100%.

For breakfast I had chopped banana and apple with an ASDA low fat yoghurt 3syns.
Snack : Special K Cracker Crisps - 4syns

Plan for the rest of the day is :
Lunch - omelette with mushrooms and bacon, beans and a slice of toast
Snack: oranges
Dinner - pork loins, mashed squash and cauliflower, carrots, peas and brocolli
Evening Snack - porridge

This would leave me 8 syns for something else in the evening.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Sorry I haven't updated over the weekend we went away to the in-laws on Friday afternoon at the last minute and didn't get back until late last night.

Friday night i stuck to plan and has chicken, veg and boiled potatoes at mother in laws.

Saturday -I had slimming world fry up for breakfast, we ate out for lunch but I had a beef and spinach ciabatta with no relish and a diet coke. Saturday night I had two low fat sausages and boiled potatoes. We went to the cinema and I shared a bag of haribo and some doritos with my partner.

Sunday - Slimming world fry up breakfast then we all went out for lunch about 4 for a 3 course set sunday lunch of chicken and ham vol-au-vents, roast beef dinner and lemon meringue. I drank diet coke and water all day.

Not sure how many syns etc. were used up over the weekend but i weighed myself last night after our meal and I was a pound lighter than when I weighed in Wednesday night.

Today so far I have had:

Banana, apple and yogurt for breakfast
Lunch: Pasta and Sauce with bacon and mushrooms
Snack: Sunbites Pitta Bakes - 5.5 syns

Dinner is going to be shepherds pie with loads if speed veg mixed in and a butternut squash and cauliflower mash on top to reduce the carbs for the day.

My partner took my car into work today so I am going to walk the 2.5 miles to the park with my little boy this afternoon to get in a bot of exercise.

I am aiming for a loss of 2.5 this week, fingers crossed!

Back