My Mission

ellen83

Silver Member
Well I just joined the site and thought this seemed like a good place to start. I joined Slimming world on December 7th 2012. I've always been big (was 10lb 3oz a birth) and just seemed to get bigger and bigger, then had two kids and I just started to get ridiculous and couldn't blame the aches and pains I started getting on baby weight after my youngest had now reached 8 months. Something had to be done and a new friend recommended SW. I ended up going to the meeting on my own as my friend had to cancel on me and I nearly chickened out, I thought maybe I should join after Christmas but thought if I keep putting it off I would just continue to do so and never do anything about it and things would just get worse.

My first meeting was really good, the leader Helen was/is lovely and the few girls that were there were nice, nothing like the Little Britain sketch I'd been imagining!

I got on the scales and it read 19st 11lb... I felt so ashamed but I decided then and there that this would be the last time I would see that weight!

I went away feeling really positive and had a great first week, I lost 6lbs! I have lost weight every week except christmas week where I put on 1lbs (oops). My weigh in day is Wednesday and up to yesterday I am down 1st 3lbs so now weigh 18st 8lbs.

We have recently set the date for our wedding so have extra motivation to keep loosing. July 5th 2013 is the date and also my 30th Birthday.

I'm aiming to loose 1-2lbs a week but don't really have a definite end target in mind as I've never been slim...

My first target is to get to my 10% which I want by mid March although would be better by end of Feb he he. Wish me luck!

Thanks hun. Mainly following extra easy. Have tried a couple of original and green days but its just more convenient with the boys keeping me busy to do extra easy.

I agree - i do ee, least i know simply what i can and can't have and don't need to be messing with weighing eh :) x

Definitely, weighing and counting is too much faff when you are busy...she says whilst pottering on the internet whilst my almost 3 year old plays trains and youngest is asleep... in my defence, I am multi tasking... I'm having my dinner at the same time, just discovered mugshots!

Mmm the sweet and sour one is yummy isn't it!!! I'm the same though - forever multi tasking... think it's just what we all do nowadays... xxx

I tried that one first. Have just had the chicken. They are great for a quick fix.

I might have to try that, will add it to my shopping list.

Back