My Personal Weight Loss Journey

Massive well done on another great day :)

Morning lovelies,

Well - good day/bad day yesterday.

Aching A LOT from my gym class, but it didn't stop me having a walk at lunch and a run after work - fastest run and 30 minutes non-stop! Felt AMAZING afterwards. By the time I got home, I was aching a bit more so decided on a nice bath to ease my muscles...then started chopping veg to roast for my lunch today and prepping tea, but started to feel really dizzy. Then started to get even more dizzy and felt sick. I had a big glass of water and cup of tea, and started to feel a bit better but didn't feel like my chickpea and cauli curry. OH made me beans on toast instead. I also had some wholemeal raisin pancakes afterwards and felt ok then. When looking at MFP where i'm logging everything at the moment, i'd only just eaten over the cals burned for my activities. I had a talking to from OH about not overdoing it, but I think it was the bath that was the problem - got too hot.

Anyway, starting to get into a good routine with food:
B: mixed berries, porridge and spoon of yoghurt
S: yoghurt and 1/2 choc shake
L: bulgar wheat salad
S: Homemade choc flapjack
D: 1/2 tin of beans on 1 slice of seeded bread with small sprinkling of cheese, 3 small raisin and wholemeal flour pancakes

So, dinner wasn't ideal, but there was a reason. I am into serious planning mode now with meal times as I find this makes it so much better/easier not to overindulge. Weekend prepping for lunches and evening meals as well as running and cycling.

Do you know what - my WHOLE life seems to be heading into a more organised system. I am hoping that I can keep this up. Of course there will be days when it is not, but if I can try and keep a routine, I think it will be much easier to stay on track.

Scales wise...still up from Saturday. I think my muscles are crying at the moment from all the exercise this week and still retaining water and also, do you know what? I'm not as scale-orientated as I was...I am noticing the toning in my body more, and I am hoping that once my flabby arms and stomach have got more toned - the weight will start to drop too...hopefully!

Anyway, day off today from exercise (other than lunch walk) and then cycling tomorrow and a day of sorting. :)

I will try and check in tomorrow, but if I don't - hope you all have an amazing weekend.

xxx

Hi sweetie.....I love reading your blog....and you've done amazingly well.....you're really encouraging!! ....have you thought of doing the 5:2...... 5 days normal...2 days SS or SS+.....I think it's what I'm going to do to maintain...(for the rest of my life!!!)....I'm all or nothing....I find cutting down hard.....but cutting out easier....especially with 5:2... Because if you fancy something on a SS day, you can think it's ok...I'll have it tomorrow..... It's just a thought....and as I said you've done so well.....thanks for the blog ️xx

Thanks for popping by.

I did think about doing the 5:2, but I did it before very unsuccessfully - my problem was that because I craved stuff on the two days, the five days I ate tons of crap!

What i've learned from all my messing about the last couple of weeks is that I need to just keep myself balanced. Since Tuesday, i've just been plodding along and staying mostly on track because i'm allowing myself a morning and afternoon snack, and also monitoring what I eat and what reaction my body has to it. Turns out I don't have the willpower keep depriving myself any more, and doing exercise each day allows me not to feel guilty about a "treat" every day.

I am starting to formulate and operate a "plan" for LIFE - proper moving forward and rest of time plan!

xx

Hi Flic,

Sounds like you're getting there - I have every faith you can do this :)

xx

Morning all,

Clare - Yay! Hope you're doing well.

Well - weekend was fairly disastrous. Well, it was but it wasn't. Saturday was bike ride, breakfast into town to get some bits...not a very good lunch, then homemade chilli and rice for dinner. Yesterday was run, then we went out for lunch for a friend's birthday - three courses plus cake, and then home, dogs walked and soup for dinner...and chocolate mousse...

So, back to good behaviour this morning...I have decided that I allow myself a bit mroe leighway at the weekends, but it ended up being excessive, and that's not what I need. I NEED to be better at weekends. I can feel it this morning, so i've had breakfast but think I will forgo my usual morning snack. Planning on the gym tonight.

Going to have a good week this week in preparation for my hen party. Yesterday i prepared lunches for this week so I don't have to think about what to have, I can just pick one up and away. Going to walk every day this week, and gym tonight and Weds, run on Tues, Thurs and then Fri morning (because I won't be able to run on Sunday.)

Scales wise, They are not my friends. Despite a good week, Saturday morning I was up +3lb from last week. I am putting it down to muscle water retention and my body adjusting to a more balanced diet. This week, I will weigh Friday morning instead of Sat being away, so 5 days of good eating and exercise now will hopefully pay off...

Hope you all had a good weekend?

xx

Morning Flick,

Is the hen weekend this weekend ?
Think how far you have come, think how much you've transformed your body, your image & your mind :)

I bet you can't wait for a good catch up with your friends etc and they will no doubt notice a huge difference which could be another boost that you may need. Very much looking forward to reading all about it,

Kat x

Morning lovelies,

So, i've made another decision and have stopped having sachets...

After seeing the doctor last week, I discussed diet and how I was struggling and she gave me information on Binge Eating. This is something I talked about before on here, but something which I am still struggling with, and have never fully explained to anyone. Reading through the information and self-help book gave me firstly a massive sense of relief, that it's something that I can tackle, but also something that i'm not alone with.

I've now got a plan for the next month to work through and then depending on how I feel after that, we might look at some therapy/counselling to address more underlying issues.

Part of my "treatment" is to stop dieting, and start eating normal, balanced meals - allowing snacks and being mindful about what I eat. I have learned so much about what I eat and how I eat from doing cambridge, and am following through some of the principles to my new plan.

My focus now is on being healthy and exercising rather than diet, and trying not to panic about weight, as this is a main trigger for my binge eating...I hope by the wedding, I am healthy in body and mind and can move forward with a good relationship with food and eating.

That said, I of course will pop in from time to time and see how you're all doing - and might include a cheeky wedding photo for you all! :)

Hen weekend this weekend which I am sooooo excited about! Will be great to see some of the girls I haven't seen for a while and catch up. Meeting with the caterer this evening too - it's only 10 weeks away now! EEK!

Hope you're all ok,

xx

Hi Flic,

I'm really pleased you're doing this, it's such a healthier way forward :)

I wish you lots of luck but I know you will be fine. Enjoy your hen weekend and stay in touch

xx

Flic - you sound just like I did a year ago. I stopped all the packets too and it's the best thing I ever did as you keep going around and around. I have managed to maintain for over a year now through being sensible and running. I gained 3lb I think when I stopped using the packs (water weight). I have now lost that plus another 7lb. You can do it, you have to be strict though and make healthy choices. Good luck xx

Thanks ladies for your support!

I'm glad that i'm not the only one who has had this problem/issue.

I am being strict to a point, but also ensuring that i'm not "dieting" just making good choices. For example, there have been biscuits in the office, but I don't eat them because I know that this afternoon, I have my homemade flapjack bite which is small enough that i'm not overindulging, but tasty and chocolatey enough that I feel i'm not depriving myself, which i've found is the most important thing.

On a daily basis - well this week anyway, I've tended to eat:
- breakfast of 30g porridge made with water, fruit (berries or plums) and a spoon of FF yoghurt
- fruit or yoghurt for morning snack
- lunch with vegetables and a bit of carbs - this week roasted veg, homemade pepper and tomato sauce and bulgar wheat, or salad and quinoa...next week I think i'll include some protein in there too...
- Afternoon snack of mini flapjack - homemade with a little chocolate on the top.
- Dinner with limited carbs, but a healthier option - plenty of veg/salad
- hot drink - milk or hot chocolate about 8.30pm

It seems quite a lot from where I was i'm sure, but allowing regular scheduled snacks helps me from that bingeing feeling... I am more focussed on healthy eating and exercise and feel much more positive about it all. I'm sure i'll find a balance but at the moment, it's trying stuff out and seeing what works.

xx

hey lady not sure what stage you re at but want to wish you al the best for the wedding less than 3 weeks now i think, hope you are where you want to be it s going to be a fantastic day so enjoy
jx

Back