My weight loss and confidence gain journey

Short term pain but it will pay off. It has to as you say. Just think how great you will feel afterwards at social events. Think also about all the money you're saving not going out that you can spend on loads of new clothes!

You're right Jules. What a few months in the long scheme of things. Besides, the diet itself is expensive and it's a good thing I am balancing it out with staying at home. Am having a ladies night in tonight and we'll be watching movies. So much better than partying. :)

Obs have you been over exercising? My only advice is make sure you have a min on 3l water everyday. Don't overdo the exercise and if you are still not loosing anything then step up to 810 I have stayed in ketosis on this and just have a week at that to kick start you. Thank you for your kind works Hun I was feeling completely down in the dumps and your words have helped. So here I am returning the favour my lovely friend give it one more weigh in. If it's still not budging then try a week of 810 xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Awww Mel. Thanks sweetie. It's amazing how friends in Minimins can keep us going. I can't imagine doing it without yours and others' support. Here's to next week's losses- yours and mine. xo

Happy Valentine's Day to all

This Valentine's Day I dedicate to myself. To falling in love with myself all over again. To loving myself everyday. 2015 is the year I reclaim myself and be the best version of me.

Third week official weigh in was at 1.3 lbs. Not great, but at least it's moving. A bit at a time.

Oh it's like reading about myself melwin I started on Monday and I am really trying to not weigh myself!!!

To weigh or not weigh

I was told by my consultant earlier on in the program to weigh myself only once a week, on weigh-in day. But I find that hard to follow. For me, I need to weigh myself everyday. Because if my weight is not on my mind everyday I tend to slip up.

In the past year I have put on around 15 lbs. And I know where I went wrong. I indulged in feel-good emotional binging. I was in denial. I have been in denial about every icrecream, every few bars of chocolate, every jar of Nutella (that's right ladies, guilty of being a Nutella-phile). One more doesn't matter, I would tell myself. But it did, unfortunately. Every indulgence mattered. And the worst, I stopped weighing myself. If the weighing scales didn't reprimand me, I found it easier to continue to be in denial. In December all my clothes started feeling tight. I would be late to work everyday, because I was rejecting at least five to six pairs of clothes (too tight, can't button, makes me look hideous) before I would be able to settle on something half-way decent. Till I realised that i was fitting into the same 6-7 pairs of clothes. I finally had to kick myself out of denial and step on to my arch nemesis- the weighing scales. I literally cried when I saw my weight. I spent another few weeks wallowing in self-pity and then decided to take action.

All I really needed to do was to take control of my life and my weight. Which also meant I had to get up on those scales EVERY SINGLE DAY. So, I make allowances for a deviation of around 2 lbs. I don't let myself get too excited or despondent if I see a couple of pounds here or there. But it keeps me on track.

Last Saturday was my official third week weigh-in day. My weight was 183.7 lbs, a 9.2 lbs loss since I started and a 1.3 lbs loss for the third week. I was disappointed as you all know. I cribbed enough about it here. :) And then, something good happened. I weighed in on Sunday. The scales were slightly lower. I told myself its just a normal variation. Then I weighed myself again today morning. And what do you know, I had not put back the weight. Which means I have probably actually lost it. My weight is 182 lbs today. Which, my lovelies, is a 1.7 lbs loss, literally overnight. More than what I saw all of last week. It made my day.

Yes, I know I have a long way to go. But every pound lost is one step closer. And I am so glad I decided to keep weighing. I know I have a long weigh (pun intended) to go. But daily weigh ins keep me going. Have a super week you all.

I was told by my consultant earlier on in the program to weigh myself only once a week, on weigh-in day. But I find that hard to follow. For me, I need to weigh myself everyday. Because if my weight is not on my mind everyday I tend to slip up. In the past year I have put on around 15 lbs. And I know where I went wrong. I indulged in feel-good emotional binging. I was in denial. I have been in denial about every icrecream, every few bars of chocolate, every jar of Nutella (that's right ladies, guilty of being a Nutella-phile). One more doesn't matter, I would tell myself. But it did, unfortunately. Every indulgence mattered. And the worst, I stopped weighing myself. If the weighing scales didn't reprimand me, I found it easier to continue to be in denial. In December all my clothes started feeling tight. I would be late to work everyday, because I was rejecting at least five to six pairs of clothes (too tight, can't button, makes me look hideous) before I would be able to settle on something half-way decent. Till I realised that i was fitting into the same 6-7 pairs of clothes. I finally had to kick myself out of denial and step on to my arch nemesis- the weighing scales. I literally cried when I saw my weight. I spent another few weeks wallowing in self-pity and then decided to take action. All I really needed to do was to take control of my life and my weight. Which also meant I had to get up on those scales EVERY SINGLE DAY. So, I make allowances for a deviation of around 2 lbs. I don't let myself get too excited or despondent if I see a couple of pounds here or there. But it keeps me on track. Last Saturday was my official third week weigh-in day. My weight was 183.7 lbs, a 9.2 lbs loss since I started and a 1.3 lbs loss for the third week. I was disappointed as you all know. I cribbed enough about it here. :) And then, something good happened. I weighed in on Sunday. The scales were slightly lower. I told myself its just a normal variation. Then I weighed myself again today morning. And what do you know, I had not put back the weight. Which means I have probably actually lost it. My weight is 182 lbs today. Which, my lovelies, is a 1.7 lbs loss, literally overnight. More than what I saw all of last week. It made my day. Yes, I know I have a long way to go. But every pound lost is one step closer. And I am so glad I decided to keep weighing. I know I have a long weigh (pun intended) to go. But daily weigh ins keep me going. Have a super week you all.

I really like reading your posts. I have the same need to weigh and also felt like I should stop. Reading this I realise that I also need this daily to keep me in check. The last time I stopped weighing I woke up 5 years later and 5 stone heavier. I am no longer going to give myself a hard time about it.

Can you send me half if your 1.7lbs? I really need to see the scales move at some point this week. :)

I weigh most days too Hun. Keep the fight and well done on your recent loss xx

I really like reading your posts. I have the same need to weigh and also felt like I should stop. Reading this I realise that I also need this daily to keep me in check. The last time I stopped weighing I woke up 5 years later and 5 stone heavier. I am no longer going to give myself a hard time about it.

Can you send me half if your 1.7lbs? I really need to see the scales move at some point this week. :)

Awww. Thanks Julie. I shall keep writing, just for you. And I do wish weight and weight loss was transferable. What a profitable business that would be. :)

Fourth week weigh in

Technically, my fourth weeks ends tomorrow. But Saturday is my official weigh-in day with my consultant. My weight today is 81.9 kgs (180.2 lbs) which puts my loss for the fourth week at 1.6 kgs (3.5 lbs). I am thrilled, especially after last week. I know I am not going to achieve my over ambitious target of 78 kgs (171.6 lbs) on March 1. But I am happy.

These past four weeks have been quite a journey. It really has been the best of times and worst of times (Sorry Dickens, but the words really work here.) It has been hard emotionally and socially. But there have been so many good things that have happened. And I have decided to list some of them down. These will keep me going for the next four weeks.

How my life has changed in four weeks:
1. I have lost 5.8 kgs (12.7 lbs)
2. I have not indulged in emotional eating. On bad days, I've sucked it up and had some water.
3. I have been completely headache free. As a frequent sufferer, this has been such a blessing for me.
4. I have been more cheerful and optimistic about life in general.
5. I have lost inches and am now fitting better in the clothes that I haven't been able to wear in the past one year.
6. I have spent lovely evenings with friends just chatting, without relying on alcohol and food as a crutch.
7. I am feeling more confident at work.
8. Nothing seems impossible.

Here's to the next four weeks. :)

Technically, my fourth weeks ends tomorrow. But Saturday is my official weigh-in day with my consultant. My weight today is 81.9 kgs (180.2 lbs) which puts my loss for the fourth week at 1.6 kgs (3.5 lbs). I am thrilled, especially after last week. I know I am not going to achieve my over ambitious target of 78 kgs (171.6 lbs) on March 1. But I am happy. These past four weeks have been quite a journey. It really has been the best of times and worst of times (Sorry Dickens, but the words really work here.) It has been hard emotionally and socially. But there have been so many good things that have happened. And I have decided to list some of them down. These will keep me going for the next four weeks. How my life has changed in four weeks: 1. I have lost 5.8 kgs (12.7 lbs) 2. I have not indulged in emotional eating. On bad days, I've sucked it up and had some water. 3. I have been completely headache free. As a frequent sufferer, this has been such a blessing for me. 4. I have been more cheerful and optimistic about life in general. 5. I have lost inches and am now fitting better in the clothes that I haven't been able to wear in the past one year. 6. I have spent lovely evenings with friends just chatting, without relying on alcohol and food as a crutch. 7. I am feeling more confident at work. 8. Nothing seems impossible. Here's to the next four weeks. :)

Made me smile this morning, especially number 8!! That's my outlook on life. So great to hear all of the great things that are happening. What's funny is the more you focus on them, the more positive things happen. Virtuous circle! Just think where you'll be in another 4 weeks!! :)

Made me smile this morning, especially number 8!! That's my outlook on life. So great to hear all of the great things that are happening. What's funny is the more you focus on them, the more positive things happen. Virtuous circle! Just think where you'll be in another 4 weeks!! :)

I love the virtuous circle bit Julie. I can't wait for the next four weeks to get over. Have been feeling hungry today for some reason, after a long time. Not sure why. Maybe because I am pmsing. I am just drinking gallons of water to distract myself. :)

What I love about this diet: It's a one-way street.

So today's weigh-in shows a little more weight loss. Nothing huge. 0.6 pounds. My weight is now down to 81.2 kgs (178.6 lbs), putting my loss at around one stone in 30 days. I am thrilled. It's around the average loss assured by the diet but I see a lot of people here lose far higher numbers. In fact, when I had started I was hoping to touch 78 kgs by March 1st, which really was ambitious. My metabolism is really slow, and weight takes time to get off. So I really shouldn't benchmark my losses against others. Some people lose more than a stone in the first week itself. In comparison, I lost a measly four pounds. But that's the thing. And I need to keep reminding myself that. I am not others. I am me. My body is mine. And whatever it is, however it is, it has been a faithful companion. I may not ever have been super slim but I have always been healthy. I have played sports all my life (and I am pretty good at it). I have trekked long distances. I seldom fall sick. I work crazy hours and sometimes tend to abuse my body with less sleep. So I really can't complain. I am thankful to my body for supporting me in all my endeavours. And if it wants to go slow on the weight loss, I will suck it up and bear with it.

But, I digress. What I really wanted to say in this post is how I love that I am consistently (albeit slowly) losing weight on this diet. It's as if once I have committed to following it and not cheating, the weight loss has been a one-way street. It is only going down. And how lovely is that. No more u-turns for me. This street is going to lead me to a whole new world. And I can't wait.

Obs, lovely to hear how you're doing! The weight is coming off and your mindset sounds like it's evolving too. A stone in a month is amazing isn't it? Yes others do lose more but you have less to lose than some others, which I so think makes a difference. Also, with a slower metabolism you know you wouldn't get that kind of loss on any other plan. And you know, you're so right, if you stick to it, the weight loss just follows. Fair exchange I say!! Good luck on the next 4 weeks.

Keep it up Obs I'm back with ya Monday xxxxx

Fifth week weigh-in

My weight today is 80.6 kgs (177.3 lbs) which puts my loss for the fifth week at 1.3 kgs (2.86 lbs). It's also my third day of TOTM, so I am quite happy with the weight loss. I may have some water retention or I may not. Who cares? 2.8 pounds is very good either ways.

I have decided to do the strict phase for another 3 weeks and then I plan to start moving into the other phases.
My goal weight is 70 kgs (154 lbs), but I would love to be 65 kgs (143 lbs). I plan to do the diet till I am about 70-72 kgs and then I plan to lose the last few kgs on a regular diet (by then, being careful about my diet will be regular I guess). Keeping my fingers crossed. My lowest weight in the past 10 years has been 162 lbs (for a brief month or so). My highest was above 200 lbs.

In the past decade I have tried to lose weight seriously either by joining the gym or signing up with a weight consultant/ nutritionist around 5-6 times. I have been successful to a certain extent only twice. Once I went down all the way to 162 lbs and the other time I managed to touch 170 lbs. This is the first time I have seen consistent (and reasonably fast) weight loss. It is easy to stay motivated because I can see visible results- on the scales and in my clothes. Speaking of clothes, I have decided not to invest in new clothes till I am close to my goal weight. I still have clothes from when I had gone down to 162 lbs (which still don't fit me) and I should be able to manage with those till I lose further weight. Gosh! I am rambling. Switching from one topic to the other. But, as long as I ramble away to a slim me, who cares!

Another loss! Excellent news.

Like you I've tried not to buy clothes until I absolutely have to. Even then I tried to buy things that were stretchy and could shrink with me. Feels good buying new things in a smaller size though.

Sounds like you've got your plan sorted. I will stay on cwp until I get to the weight I want. I don't want to risk going to other plans like ww or sw that haven't worked for me in the past. So I going to do cwp all the way and move up the steps to maintain.

Good luck this week!

Another loss! Excellent news.

Like you I've tried not to buy clothes until I absolutely have to. Even then I tried to buy things that were stretchy and could shrink with me. Feels good buying new things in a smaller size though.

Sounds like you've got your plan sorted. I will stay on cwp until I get to the weight I want. I don't want to risk going to other plans like ww or sw that haven't worked for me in the past. So I going to do cwp all the way and move up the steps to maintain.

Good luck this week!

Hey Julie. I am also tempted to stay on the diet till I lose all the weight I want to lose. Maybe I will, not sure yet. My father is planning to visit me for a week or so (he lives in a different city) a month later and I would love to be able to enjoy my evenings- a few drinks and nice meals - with him. I will have moved to a higher pahse by then and I have discussed it with the consultant, so should be able to manage it. I may decide to step down again after that. You are right though. I am not sure whether I will be able to continue losing weight once I move to regular eating. It makes me nervous to think about it. But I do want to get back to exercising. The exercising, somehow, stalled my weight loss and I don't want to take any more chances. So, to cut a long story short, I think I will take a call in another month or so.

How's it going with you? Btw, have you noticed how your and my goals are so similar? It's great to have someone on the same track and headed in the same direction. xo

Keep it up Obs I'm back with ya Monday xxxxx

Mel, I am waiting for you to get back. Missing you around, my tough-love buddy. xo

Hey Julie. I am also tempted to stay on the diet till I lose all the weight I want to lose. Maybe I will, not sure yet. My father is planning to visit me for a week or so (he lives in a different city) a month later and I would love to be able to enjoy my evenings- a few drinks and nice meals - with him. I will have moved to a higher pahse by then and I have discussed it with the consultant, so should be able to manage it. I may decide to step down again after that. You are right though. I am not sure whether I will be able to continue losing weight once I move to regular eating. It makes me nervous to think about it. But I do want to get back to exercising. The exercising, somehow, stalled my weight loss and I don't want to take any more chances. So, to cut a long story short, I think I will take a call in another month or so. How's it going with you? Btw, have you noticed how your and my goals are so similar? It's great to have someone on the same track and headed in the same direction. xo

Obs I think exercising should be fine once you've moved up the steps but as you say you can decide when a little but closer to goal.

I did notice that our goals are similar reading your post this morning. I was reading about your previous lowest being 162 lbs and I think my previous lowest is about the same. I was that weight when I met my husband at 19!!! I can remember my weight at key points throughout my life, strange. I was also thinking we are not too far away!

When is your dad coming to visit? I took some time off over Xmas and was impressed with how I managed it. Gives me hope for maintenance. I moved to step 3, so out of ketosis. I had meals out, wine, etc. but when not out I ate healthily or had a shake / bar. I put 2.5lbs on over the holidays and the following week lost 3.5. I was pleased with that and it proved to me that I can balance it, not lose control and manage my weight. I am going to have a weekend off next weekend. I will be 3 months in by that time and feel I need a little break to keep me going. However I won't lose control and I won't eat stuff just for the sake of it. I want to plan a few nice occasions, eat in some nice places and then be good at all other meals. There's no point in eating everything just for the sake of it! So I am looking forward to that.

Where do you live?

Obs I think exercising should be fine once you've moved up the steps but as you say you can decide when a little but closer to goal.

I did notice that our goals are similar reading your post this morning. I was reading about your previous lowest being 162 lbs and I think my previous lowest is about the same. I was that weight when I met my husband at 19!!! I can remember my weight at key points throughout my life, strange. I was also thinking we are not too far away!

When is your dad coming to visit? I took some time off over Xmas and was impressed with how I managed it. Gives me hope for maintenance. I moved to step 3, so out of ketosis. I had meals out, wine, etc. but when not out I ate healthily or had a shake / bar. I put 2.5lbs on over the holidays and the following week lost 3.5. I was pleased with that and it proved to me that I can balance it, not lose control and manage my weight. I am going to have a weekend off next weekend. I will be 3 months in by that time and feel I need a little break to keep me going. However I won't lose control and I won't eat stuff just for the sake of it. I want to plan a few nice occasions, eat in some nice places and then be good at all other meals. There's no point in eating everything just for the sake of it! So I am looking forward to that.

Where do you live?

That's exactly what I plan to do when my dad is here. Enjoy one meal a day with him and of course our evening drinks, but stick to the shakes for the other meals.

I live in Bombay (Mumbai), India. :) What about you?

Back