My Weight Story 2014!

Thank you :)

Went to the gym and did my workout that I got made up for me, and a swim. On the walk to collect kids from school I remembered they were booked in for a class at the gym creche so went back and had another swim! I'm absolutely exhausted!

Dinner was absolutely lovely though and filled me right up, love home cooking and really like having the motivation and energy to do it as opposed to being sluggish from junk, getting in a chippy n feeling even worse!

Xxx

Sent from my C1505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Your doing awesome Claire! I love a health suite season I just don't have the time to go and enjoy it at the moment! I know what you mean about not feeling sluggish when eating healthier and making better choices. I think you described me before I changed my eating habits. I love to cook healthy good homely foods for my boys. I wish I could go without weighing but I'm addicted, im a serial weigher! Having said that hubby and I did agree last night he would take the scales away for a couple of weeks and then let me have them back for a quick weigh so I'm going to do that. :) ill keep an eye on your diary, I like to see how others are getting on, and get some inspiration for ideas!! X

Thanks so much :) really feeling into it just now! I feel like a much better mum when I'm cooking abs stuff cos I want to be a good role model to the kids :)

Plan for today

Breakfast - 2 poached eggs and slide of batch loaf toast

Lunch - leftover sweet potato and peppers made into a pattie and baked, and leftover pasta in tomato and pepper sauce

Dinner- quorn fillets, nandos sauce with baked baby potatoes

Snacks - bueno and yogurt, fruit.

Going to the gym after school pick up
To do my programme and a swim. Feeling good cos the kids are starting basketball today and I feel like I'm finally encouraging THEM in a healthier lifestyle, that's the best bit! :-D xxx

Gym done and I'm in agony! I HATE HATE HATE the rower! About 7.5 minutes total on that thing and I already felt like throwing Up! Better be dang l damn effective!! Really hope I make the target of losing 2 stone by the time I see the trainer again!

Stuck to my meal plan but had a few more potatoes than I'd planned, but cos I was starving after working out, nothing on the portion sizes I was having before! That's something I'm noticing by keeping it in check, just how big my portions were before, I'm cooking the same amount and it's doing 3 servings whereas before it'd do one!

Xcx

Yay just rejoined the gym :) signed the kids up too so they can use the creche and we can go swimming together whenever we fancy :) the gym is about a 5 minute walk from the house so I reckon the £62 pm is worth it just for the swimming (swimming at nearest council pool costs £8 admission, plus £4 travel plus around £5 on juice after etc which we can now just get at home so about £17 a time which is £68 pm, as we go once a week!) looking forward to it :) I'm so much better at keeping to a plan when I have scheduled workouts! Need to pull myself out of this dip I've gotten into, I feel like I'm mentally very up and down, things are either great or terrible, and just now I'm kinda the latter, which sucks, think a few things have just caught up on me n shook the front Ive been putting on lately :confused: well hopefully as the head stuff can negatively affect the body stuff, maybe improving the body stuff will impact positively on the head stuff lol! Xxc Sent from my C1505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I know exactly what you mean about being in a dip! I can't seem to pull myself out either :/ do you have any tips for being more positive? Feeling negative just makes me want to binge eat :(

Yay just rejoined the gym :) signed the kids up too so they can use the creche and we can go swimming together whenever we fancy :) the gym is about a 5 minute walk from the house so I reckon the £62 pm is worth it just for the swimming (swimming at nearest council pool costs £8 admission, plus £4 travel plus around £5 on juice after etc which we can now just get at home so about £17 a time which is £68 pm, as we go once a week!) looking forward to it :) I'm so much better at keeping to a plan when I have scheduled workouts! Need to pull myself out of this dip I've gotten into, I feel like I'm mentally very up and down, things are either great or terrible, and just now I'm kinda the latter, which sucks, think a few things have just caught up on me n shook the front Ive been putting on lately :confused: well hopefully as the head stuff can negatively affect the body stuff, maybe improving the body stuff will impact positively on the head stuff lol! Xxc Sent from my C1505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

By the way was meant to also say well done for joining a gym and keeping a schedule! Wish I had the will power to do it!

So I got my programme at the gym did that plus a good swim :) had porridge with a little honey and semi skim milk for breakfast, a fruit smoothie for lunch (made with juice extracted in my juicer :-D) and vegetarian haggis, mash, a tiny bit of houmous and roasted peppers :) an totally stuffed but feeling like I've made healthy choices and done well with portion control, so a good day :) xxx Sent from my C1505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

How do you make vegetarian haggis?! That sounds amazing! Xxx

Thanks foo!

The vegetarian haggis was just in a packet, you usually get it in fruit shops add organic type places, but possibly just Tesco or wherever might do it...

I can't give u much in the way of advice on getting more positive, I'm struggling with that one but just trying to remind myself of all the good things when I get low. I can relate on the binge eating, it's the main reason I ended up as big as I have, but I'm finding that instead of counting cals or points etc that just eating sensibly, like limiting fats but not stopping them etc leaves me much less likely to binge than following an ACTUAL plan, if that makes sense? Cos I'm full and satisfied. If I want something naughty I plan on having it, but not to the extent I would before, one normal pack of crisis instead of a family bag and a multipack, a small chocolate bar Not a share size lol, mind you my binges were pretty spectacular. The last 4 years have been so hard, my son had cancer, mutt best friends daughter died of cancer, my relationship of 13 years ended, I was ill...the list goes on, but my view point that I'm trying to adopt is that it didn't kill me, therefore I can probably manage this! Mind you, I gained 5 stone during all that so I suspect undoing that part isn't going to be a picnic!

Sorry for the novel of a response, but I think we all need to give ourselves a bit if credit sometimes, yeah we may have fat bodies for now, but those fat bodies have carried us all through hard times, so we might as well be kind to ourselves and make getting healthier a positive thing for us, No one else!

Good luck :) do u have a diary on Here? I have several for all my previous attempts lol, but I do feel something in my head has clicked now :) xxx

So plan for today :)

Breakfast - 2x poached eggs and toast

Lunch - pasta and tomato sauce leftover from potatoes last night little bit of parmesan

Dinner - chicken curry (homemade with yogurt instead of cream) and sweet pepper couscous :)

Snacks- weight watchers caramel mallow wafer, small chocolate bar and fruit :)

No gym today as its a rest Day but in full throttle tomorrow plus a body attack class on Friday! This better pay off!!!

Xxx

Thanks foo!

The vegetarian haggis was just in a packet, you usually get it in fruit shops add organic type places, but possibly just Tesco or wherever might do it...

I can't give u much in the way of advice on getting more positive, I'm struggling with that one but just trying to remind myself of all the good things when I get low. I can relate on the binge eating, it's the main reason I ended up as big as I have, but I'm finding that instead of counting cals or points etc that just eating sensibly, like limiting fats but not stopping them etc leaves me much less likely to binge than following an ACTUAL plan, if that makes sense? Cos I'm full and satisfied. If I want something naughty I plan on having it, but not to the extent I would before, one normal pack of crisis instead of a family bag and a multipack, a small chocolate bar Not a share size lol, mind you my binges were pretty spectacular. The last 4 years have been so hard, my son had cancer, mutt best friends daughter died of cancer, my relationship of 13 years ended, I was ill...the list goes on, but my view point that I'm trying to adopt is that it didn't kill me, therefore I can probably manage this! Mind you, I gained 5 stone during all that so I suspect undoing that part isn't going to be a picnic!

Sorry for the novel of a response, but I think we all need to give ourselves a bit if credit sometimes, yeah we may have fat bodies for now, but those fat bodies have carried us all through hard times, so we might as well be kind to ourselves and make getting healthier a positive thing for us, No one else!

Good luck :) do u have a diary on Here? I have several for all my previous attempts lol, but I do feel something in my head has clicked now :) xxx

you have gone through a lot but u seem to me to be taking all the right steps to improve things for u and the children - isn't it great when it clicks! keep posting here too and u know u'll get lots of support

Thanks foo!

you have gone through a lot but u seem to me to be taking all the right steps to improve things for u and the children - isn't it great when it clicks! keep posting here too and u know u'll get lots of support x

I was on a total endorphin high the rest of the day lol, plus I'm really tired now so may finally get a good nights sleep!
Have seen a lot of people doing this 100 happy days hashtag on fb and *********, so I'm doing my own #100healthydays, posting a pic a day about my healthy eating stuff, and plan on not weighing until Day 100 to see the difference :) all helps with the motivation! If any of you wanna follow my ********* name is claireym87 :)
Excited about being back in the mood to exercise. Mind you the rowing machine may well change that after a few workouts!

Xxxx

Love ur 100 healthy days idea!! And agree that when I manage to do some exercise - I feel great AND wonder why I
don't do it more often lol x

Haha same here :)

Absolutely starving tonight so piling my plate high! Am working loosely around sw principles so I figure the fact that my Dinner is all free or super free plus a little oil, it can't do too much harm, plus filling myself with healthy dinner is preferable to ending up going out for junk later cos I'm hungry and give into cravings! This is the first day side starting this last week that I've had a difficult Day but sticking to my plan just giving myself a generous portion for dinner!

And my plan worked lol, even though I've been really hungry today I've not had anything extra on what I planned, albeit a big dinner, but defo happier with that than ending up bingeing!

Little non scale achievement from earlier, I always feel guilty about the impact my diet has on the kids, especially when I cook healthily and they turn up their noses but tonight I made a really healthy curry (chicken, lentils, courgette, chopped tomatoes, onions and spices with low fat yogurt) and expected it turned down cos it wasn't a fatty Korma but my eldest ended up wolfing down an adult sized portion and his couscous and bhajis! No better a compliment on your cooking than a fussy 6 year old giving it the nod!

:)

And my plan worked lol, even though I've been really hungry today I've not had anything extra on what I planned, albeit a big dinner, but defo happier with that than ending up bingeing!

Little non scale achievement from earlier, I always feel guilty about the impact my diet has on the kids, especially when I cook healthily and they turn up their noses but tonight I made a really healthy curry (chicken, lentils, courgette, chopped tomatoes, onions and spices with low fat yogurt) and expected it turned down cos it wasn't a fatty Korma but my eldest ended up wolfing down an adult sized portion and his and bhajis! No better a compliment on your cooking than a fussy 6 year old giving it the nod!

:)

That's great! I wdn't worry about giving the kids SW stuff - it's better for them and tasty - my 3 lads grew up on various diets but hid my bingeing from them (and others) and they're all slim and love exercise and prefer home cooked to takeaways most of the time and don't leave all the cooking to their partners! So I did something right in the food dept!

:) sounds like Me lol, I've been in every diet going and hid my bingeing from my boys, the age they're at now really got me thinking that this lifestyle change is far better than any ' diet' cos I want to be a good role model for them so was delighted that tonight's dinner was so healthy and well received!

Xxxx

Plan for today :)

Breakfast - onion bagel and 2 poached eggs

Lunch - leftover curry and bagel (Not been shopping yet!)

Dinner- roast chicken, roast potatoes (minimal oil) with garlic and rosemary and carrots

Made a whole chicken so I can have leftovers tomorrow and saturday :)

Off to the gym after picking up the kids and do my programme then in for a swim :)

Pleased to be going, was tired yesterday and looking forward to the boost of energy and endorphins from my workout!

Xxx

well done - ur doing well - I fell off the wagon last night - choc bics and sandwiches - oh no!

Back on plan this morning - think that's down to this site as I would usually carry on and on and on................

Enjoy the exercise!

It's impossible not to slip up sometimes!

Ended up having pasta for dinner instead cos I couldn't be bothered roasting veggies so had the roast chicken with pasta, roasted sweet peppers and light philli yum!!

X

It's impossible not to slip up sometimes!

Ended up having pasta for dinner instead cos I couldn't be bothered roasting veggies so had the roast chicken with pasta, roasted sweet peppers and light philli yum!!

X

I don't class that as a slip up?? !!

Now going the chippy - phoning for a pizza or chomping on Mars bars IS a slip up!!!

Back