Nandos! Whole meal for 6.5 syns yipee :)

Does anyone know how much the chicken breast burgers would be? I'm assuming the butterfly chicken is what is in them anyway, but how much would the bun be?

According to the syns online its 23 syns for the whole burger, It has perinaise in as well . The pittas are 19.5 so not much better

I had chicken burger (didn't eat the bread) lemon and herb with sweet potatoes and a side salad, I am new to sw this week is this good syn wise please? X

The side salad is superfree so thats fine, the burger is the same as the butterfly chicken, so 3.5 syns with the skin still on. Im not sure about the sweet potatoes as didnt even know they did it? If theyre kind of rusted you'd have to allow syns for oil and if mashed you'd have to allow syns for butter :)

I had a half chicken the other day (sharing platter with my OH) and the spicy rice. I took all the skin off the chicken, would this not make it free or very low syns? Since all of the oil/marinade comes off with the skin...

It was only last night that I turned down a nandos meal because I thought it would be full of unnecessary syns!! Bring on the chicken!

#nodaysoff

I had a half chicken the other day (sharing platter with my OH) and the spicy rice. I took all the skin off the chicken, would this not make it free or very low syns? Since all of the oil/marinade comes off with the skin...
I've read that no skin = free so would just be 2,5 for the rice :)

Can anyone tell me what the side salads are like please? Is it a self serve salad?

Never been and prob gonna go tomorrow so want to be prepared. Gonna have the butterfly chicken and spicy rice and salad i think! X

Can anyone tell me what the side salads are like please? Is it a self serve salad?

Never been and prob gonna go tomorrow so want to be prepared. Gonna have the butterfly chicken and spicy rice and salad i think! X
haha i feel like a Nandos guru here.
The side salad comes in a small bowl, similar to Wetherspoons if you've been in any of their pubs? Its mixed leaves, red peppers and cherry tomatoes and pretty substantial. They have a selection of dressing and sauces with the cutlery and the prei sauces (hot, medium etc) are 0.5 syns a tbsp. The creamier dressing are obviously more. you can order a larger salad as a side instead (fino side) but its still the same content just more of it. Hope that helps :)

haha i feel like a Nandos guru here.
The side salad comes in a small bowl, similar to Wetherspoons if you've been in any of their pubs? Its mixed leaves, red peppers and cherry tomatoes and pretty substantial. They have a selection of dressing and sauces with the cutlery and the prei sauces (hot, medium etc) are 0.5 syns a tbsp. The creamier dressing are obviously more. you can order a larger salad as a side instead (fino side) but its still the same content just more of it. Hope that helps :)

That's great thank you! Was hoping for onions and cucumbers and sweetcorn etc too but wishful thinking lol. X

I've read that no skin = free so would just be 2,5 for the rice :)

Great, thanks!

Wasn't sure why everyone went for the butterfly chicken so assumed maybe there were hidden syns in the half chicken etc- butterfly is the most expensive thing on the menu! We shared a full chicken which came with two sides and two drinks for pretty much the same price each as the butterfly chicken without anything else :|

I go for the chicken because when you take off the skin you lose the marinade lol :p

Ooh yum, thanks for this!

Might be cos if the whole chicken with skin came, it's hard to resist the skin.

I personally (I know everyone is different) couldn't order a whole chicken with my OH and leave the skin. So we'd both end up eating it and regretting it. Better (for us) to not have the temptation.

Ah, I see... I was tempted but made sure to get rid of it all quickly before I started eating :p

I love Nando's i will def be getting that next time but side salad instead of the corn (not a big fan of corn)
What is the syn value of a tablespoon of the marinade used at home ? Thanks

I love Nando's i will def be getting that next time but side salad instead of the corn (not a big fan of corn)
What is the syn value of a tablespoon of the marinade used at home ? Thanks
Medium and Extra hot are 0.5 syns whilst hot is 1.
Tomato and Basil and sticky bbq are also 1 :)

As im a complete wus and cant handle too much spice!!! I have to stick to the more mild flavours, i think its the lime one? Is the syn value any higher? If so im going to have to train myself to like spice... cant miss out on a nandos!

Back