need some help from people who have been on CD long term or a CDC ?? (Long)

Just to let you all know aswell that I have been 100% since Yesterday motrning after all your encouraging posts and have lost all the cravings of going onto WW/SW etc etc.

Thanks again for all the help - just need to set some new goals now
xxx

Can you swap between SS and SS+ in a week or do you have to have a week of each adn can you have mushrooms on ss+ or not?

Yes, as Lexie says, you can have mushrooms :clap:

As for swapping between SS and SS+ in a week, I've heard that you aren't supposed to, but admit I have never heard this from Cambridge directly.

Personally, I can see no reason whatsoever why you can't swap around. But don't quote me on this, because advice going around seems to be otherwise :confused:

Anyway, I am so glad you are doing this. Fabby, fabby :bliss:

ps...bumping up again :D

Hi Jess

I have just been reading your post and wanted to share with what has been going on for me.. The last time i posted on the hour by hour thread I had been diagnosed with M.E., they now think I have problems with my hypothalamus in my brain, i was having night sweats, headaches and terrible memory function and constant pins and needles in my face.. my doc has now got my new meds right and I'm feeling alot better as well as having weekly complimentary therapies.

I was told to come off cd and tried in vain to do the ww points.. thankfully as I was so ill, I only gained a few pounds but the food demons were knocking and I felt very down and sad being taken off the plan.. within a few days i was trotting off to the cake shop and stopped myself ..

I saw my gp and he agreed I could go back on a higher plan, the good news is on my first week I lost 2.5.. I too got excited going to tesco.. I realised I still needed structure and help with my weight.

So I wish you well Jess and hope you will soon feel better and you have worked through your feelings yesterday.. hope I havn't rambled on, take care :)

glad to see you are keeping an eye on me - definitely keeps me on the straight and narrow!!!! ta for info on mushrooms. they are still in fridge as I didnt feel like I needed them today - so I reckon they will probably end up going off before I eat them which will be a shame, but bette that than eating something I shouldnt! xxx

I saw my gp and he agreed I could go back on a higher plan, the good news is on my first week I lost 2.5.. I too got excited going to tesco.. I realised I still needed structure and help with my weight.

So I wish you well Jess and hope you will soon feel better and you have worked through your feelings yesterday.. hope I havn't rambled on, take care :)

Hey sarah - lovely to see you back adn glad your doc has sorted out your meds and you are feeling that you are getting control back with your weight. let me know how you are getting on and thanks for posting how you are feeling too it helps alot to think Im not the only one!
xxx

Sarah Lou, great to hear from you and glad that things are improving after what sound like a very shaky few weeks... it has to be good that the docs have a clearer idea of what is happening, though, and also fab that you are allowed to do one of the CD steps. Go you! Have been quiet over last few weeks as was away on 3 week overseas work trip, but had been thinking about you.

Jess, sorry to hijack your thread... like KD I think your plan is very clever and hope it is going well so far. SS+ as safety net - I like it. Your determination shines off the page honey, big hugs.

xxx

oh Katy its SO nice to have you back. It really cheers me up in the morning and your positivity helps me face another day.

You hijack all you like not a problem! Im really glad Sarah is okay too. I cant imagine what it would be like to firstly have strange things happening to me and feeling pretty lousy, then having a diagnosis, but then having the rug pulled out from under me of not being able to do CD I would just go into binge mode to cope with it all so Im in awe of how well she is doing!
xxxx

Jessica well done on an amazing decision. You'll make it and you'll be ecstatic you did!

KD- I LOVE LOVE LOVE that post above. Kept it for my archives, hope that's okay.

If it weren't for you I would have changed diets too a while ago, don't know if you remember but what you said made perfect sense and I decided I need to get to goal and work my way up the plans. I still don't think calorie counting will be my WOE as maintenance forever but I will get to goal on CD and reintroduce food on CD and establish proper eating habits and exercise goals on CD and think that's the sense of purpose I need to get where I need to be.

I'd advise everyone to re-read what KD said here (can this be made a sticky) when they go through the "Gah, too much, I can't do this anymore" moments!

I've really been reading this today. And yesterday. Ye gads.

Hey Lexie - have read your blog and we are in the same place (AGAIN told you we have parallel lives)

I have had a crap weekend well in the sense of mind games and trying to decide what to do and then deciding but not sticking to it. Also needed a bit of a break from here - everyone is so so so supportive, and I couldnt have got this far without them, but I suppose I didnt want my diet to be completely RULING my every thought which it has been and thats not the fault of anyone on here its my addictive personality!

Went to my Mums for dinnner yesterday and felt 'normal' to be eating which was great.

Am on 1000 today and for the next 2 then 1200 till my hols and then will be back after my hols with avengence to get the last bit off to get to healthy weight range.

Hopefully it wont take longer than 5wks cos Im not buying anymore stock.

I can hear exactly what KD is saying, but I just cant think of a new goal to aim for and redefine my focus to get me all fired up at the moment, am hoping going on hols will do it and having a bit of a break from everything will be able to clear my mind and give me some inspiration for the last stretch.

Hugs to you and hope placement isnt too bad for you and you find something that will work for your lunchtimes. I know exatly what you mean about getting grief when you havent got that much to lose -

today I had yoghurt, banana and nectarine for mine and you can imagine the comments about weaning onto solids etc

Love Jess

xxx

I can hear exactly what KD is saying, but I just cant think of a new goal to aim for and redefine my focus to get me all fired up at the moment,

Which is fine too. It's easy to get into the mindset that you have to weigh a certain weight. That you have to get to your original goal. That in some way you have failed if you don't.

If you can't think of a new goal, then perhaps you are there already :)

Maybe after your holiday, you might find another goal. It may be crystal clear and you can go and get it. Maybe you'll decide that you are happy as you are. It's your decision and so be in peace with it.

Go up some plans like you mentioned, because I guess you don't want to put any on. Just weigh up the pros and cons and all that. If you don't want to gain, remember what needs to be done..no head in the sand mode ;)

Aiming for something when the goal isn't clear is pretty pointless, and it's so darned annoying when you can't celebrate your achievement so far because you feel that you should be getting to a number on the scales that isn't that important to you.

thankyou so much (AGAIN ) KD - I suppose being the control freak I am I always like to konw where I am going what I am doing and feeling totally in control and at the moment I just feel so out of control and the focus is getting so blurred and thats why I keep changing my blinkin mind all the time!

I dont think I am there yet not quite anyway , but I am desperate to live like a slim person where food is not the be all and end all and the diet to be consuming my thoughts all day every day, I just want to be able to see food as fuel rather than emotion linked, but enjoy it say when we go out as a family for a meal and I know its all about the company and this diet has taught me that element - but I just dont feel that Im completely finished and Im missing something but I just dont know what - if that makes sense? Hence the reason i think I need professional help

Love
Jess
xxx

and the focus is getting so blurred and thats why I keep changing my blinkin mind all the time!

LOL. Been there, done that. It doesn't help that you have a holiday coming up. That'll make it that much harder.

but I am desperate to live like a slim person where food is not the be all and end all and the diet to be consuming my thoughts all day every day, I just want to be able to see food as fuel rather than emotion linked, but enjoy it say when we go out as a family for a meal and I know its all about the company and this diet has taught me that element - but I just dont feel that Im completely finished and Im missing something but I just dont know what - if that makes sense? Hence the reason i think I need professional help
You know, hate to tell you this, but you are no way finished if you are wanting to live like a slim person. It doesn't happen until you are completely off the diet.

Once you get closer to goal, that huge chatterbox arrives. I want to eat normally...I want to live like a slim person...etc.

You get to do all those lessons in the 5 years after goal....and then keep practising for the rest of your life. You don't learn that bit on the diet.

The trouble with ketosis, is it can give you confidence that you've won the war, when all you do really is avoid the battles.

Oh yes, I'm sure you had many battles during SS, but they aren't the same ones. A different set awaits ;)

Forgetting the holiday for a mo, and just say you really do want to lose more weight. What's the rush to 'live like a slim person?', when you can do that after the diet?

I know I was very impatient. Couldn't wait to practice that bit...but you know...it goes on and on and on. Whereas the diet is relatively short.

Where so many people go wrong (IMO anyway), is assume this all gets sorted when on SS, SS+, 810 etc. They rush to 'live like a slim person', totally unprepared.

I've seen it over and over and I so want to tell them that it's all to come, but who wants to hear that?

The important thing is that you get to a place weight wise that you are truly happy with. Then go up the plans. Then learn to live slim. In that order.

You may in that place weight wise already. That's for you to decide. But don't let the chatterbox try to convince you that you should be living like a slim person now.

Diets mess up hormones. They mess up leptin levels, grehlin etc. They will make your body want to go back up to it's former weight by making you crave high calorie foods, and even making you hungrier. The effects are blunted in ketosis and you can't really learn to control them properly until you are on maintenance calories.

So, your choice. Go for a lower goal, and be patient with what you need to do to get it, or be happy with your weight now. Either way, you have much time to live slim. Don't rush the process.

But please don't confuse the two. You cannot really eat like a slim person, live like a slim person, with all the lifestyle changes that are needed whilst you are still aiming to lose weight. It's contraindicated. The two work against each other, so it just complicates matters if you are trying to get to a lower weight and wondering why you can't live slim.

Need to reply properly KD as have had a 'moment' and need to tell you about it, but just need to do some 'mummy' duties of getting kids bathed etc so will be back later
Love
Jess
xxx

Got back to the office at lunchtime and had a nectarine, banana and yoghurt. I actually wasn’t hungry of it, but I savoured every mouthful, just like the new advert for Mercedes about the orange. This was actually something really new for me as the blips I have had on the diet, I haven’t even tasted the food or enjoyed it, whereas the nectarine was different.

Its not like all of a sudden I think I’m turning into someone who will only eat healthy food, but it was a slight shift in my mindset to actually properly ‘eat’ and enjoy rather than shovelling it down for a means to an end and not really tasting and definitely not enjoying.

I wasn’t hungry this afternoon either which surprised me as I’m not in fat burning with what I ate at my Mums yesterday ( didn’t binge but did have minimal carbs that would have taken me out of ketosis)

Was just making tea earlier for the kids and was making myself one of the 1000 cal recipes and was boiling some potatoes and dry frying my chicken and mushrooms and all of a sudden I was savouring the sound of the potatoes boiling and I know it must seem mad, but I’m someone who has never ‘enjoyed’ cooking, but I suppose it made a change from the last 5 months of making stuff for everyone else and not me.

I thoroughly enjoyed my tea with the kids and ate slowly rather than gobbling it down at break neck speed as I have 20,000 other things to do.
I also now have my hot chocolate to look forward to tonight and am really looking forward to that.

I know I felt liberated last week on ss+ but I actually feel alot better on 1000 today as I felt like I was back in the ‘normal’ world for 2 meals. I really like having my hot chocolate for breakfast as I have it whilst getting ready for work and I have loads of hot water in so after drinking 500ml I am pretty full and I don’t get hungry either.

As this present moment in time I think that it may be that I stay on 1000 plan from now on and not go back to the drasticness of ss or ss+ BUT based on the speed I change my mind due to hormones and effects of the diet I wouldn’t place any bets on it. I think I will just have to see how I feel on return from my hols.
I also think aswell with being on SS for 19 weeks my body just needed a bit of a break from the severity of it and this is a happy medium with doing 1000 cals step.

Love Jess
Xxx

Jess, been away a couple of days and have read your diary & this with wide eyes... I totally understand, you have come so far and been amazing. And now the holiday is here and it's time to enjoy yourself... I think you have earned it. As KD says, you may be 'there' goal-wise or you may think again after you return, but just for now be aware and do the steps just to avoid gain. Just wanted to say good luck and send a big, big hug.

And KD, thanks for the last few posts which I will read again and try to absorb, I think you are dead right... as ever!!!

xxx

I'm having a raging battle with myself. Have decided on a course of action. I've hit "the wall" and as we all know hitting the wall, you either stop or you start to climb.

I've sat and had a very hard critical look at myself today. Dressed I'm fine, I can cover a multitude of sins dressed. Naked though, I have discovered a new lease of dieting life. I'm not finished. Not yet.

Stood naked in front of mirror, after shower, for what must have been a good 20-30 minutes. Evaluating critically, if I stopped now would I be happy doing all the things I wanted to do when I started? Could I wear a bikini? Could I wear shorts? I could, but I wouldn't be happy to do so yet. I want to have my "sucking in belly" without the suckin in part.

If you had to hand me a photo of me naked and said "This, is the best you can do. This is where you stop, and this is as good as its ever going to be" would I have been happy with that? Or would I have handed over my money and pledged to go a bit further anyway. I've never lain down at anyone's rules any other time, so why start now?

I'm not happy with my tummy, or my boobs. I want smaller arms. The only way I'm going to do that is to get stuck in. I'm just wasting my time mucking about. I don't let anyone else waste my time, why start doing it to myself now? I can do SS+ for another 9lbs. Its enough for just now. Then I'll worry about the next step.

Went to shops got the cottage cheese etc in for the week on placement.

Screw the long term plan for just now. Get me through til Saturday. And the Saturday after that. Concentrate on the small stuff.

And get out of my way because I'm coming!

Hey Lexie - seems like we are all giving ourselves a kick up the bum as we have hit the walls the last few days. I did a bit of it myself last night after being on here trying on clothes for hols and tankinis and like you Im not happy with certain bits and need to get it off dn will do after my hols.

and I think that taking it on a day by day basis is all we can do at the moment. I now Im guilty of looking too far ahead and then beating myself up when im not getting there quickly enough.

So lets just aim for 100% today

Love
Jess
xxx

Back