New and Improved Bee's Diary on SW

It's a new day today, I have drawn a line under it and are back on SW, 100%! I realised that it's only five weeks until my holiday and I definitely want to be well in the 13's for that.
My breakfast today was quite big, but all good stuff:

FF FF (fat free fromage frais) with grapes
baby plum tomatoes and cucumber
two small slices of brown bread (HexB)
cooked ham
1 boiled egg

Ok, yesterday's menu continues:

Lunch:

salad made of 1 large pepper, cucumber, tomato and tuna with a few spoonfuls of 0% Greek yog and coriander, and some capers

1 ML yogurt

Dinner:

another pepper salad with some sweetcorn with 1 tsp olive oil (2 syns), another ML yogurt, and melon

After dinner: Del Monte Smoothie ice lolly 4.5 syns

Forgot to add to breakfast:

2 light cheese triangles 3 syns

Total syns for the day: 9.5

You are doing so well. Just keep thinking of your holiday and how fab you will feel :) x

Good for you. That is a very feasible goal, it will be so nice feeling slender in the sun. A funny thing though, do you find it takes a while for your head to catch up with your body?

As in when you've lost a fair bit and you just can't see that you look thinner? I sway between that and feeling absolutely the bees knees even though I am still extremely overweight.

Yes, that's a funny one Micci. I know exactly what you mean. Being in a good place mentally has everything to do with it I guess. When I've had a few good days and I know I've been doing good things for my body, I have a spring in my step and just feel thinner!
And if I have a slip up or even just dark thoughts of even darker chocolate, I feel like a beached whale.

And I am far from being slim or slender or any nice words that would apply to someone in a normal weight range. But the less I weigh for my holiday the better.

It's weigh in tonight....I'm a bit anxious as I'm sure I will have gained. I haven't been to the group in three weeks due to appointments and a long weekend away. And one of those weeks was a complete write off, one big meal basically. And although I've been back on track for a week now, I've come on with the mother of all periods and I just can't see how I would have lost anything. But then I am determined not to get hung up on numbers. I know I have had a good week food wise and shall just carry on having more good weeks :)

You are doing so well. Just keep thinking of your holiday and how fab you will feel :) x

Thank you, yes the holiday is within reaching distance now it seems, four weeks today. So I'm going to remind myself of that. Being in the 13s still means that I am very much overweight but I haven't been in the 13s in so long, it's going to feel good to be back there.

fingers crossed for when you report back ;)

Hope your weigh in went okay tonight. I would love to be 13 stone anything! I too have holidays next week and i was hoping to be in the 17's but I dont think it will happen. My last weigh in is this wednesday. I totally agree with what you were saying about being back on plan a few days you get that spring in your step, its a great feeling. I had a few days of there last month for an outing and oh my I found it so hard to get back on plan. It was like starting sw all over again I was craving all the rubbish. I absolutely love sw just kicking myself I didnt join in January 2013 instead of 2014! :) xx

Right, the results are in, I lost 0.5lb. I am actually pleased with that because it means that since starting SW, I have lost every time, sometimes more, sometimes less, but it's all in the right direction.

Hope your weigh in went okay tonight. I would love to be 13 stone anything! I too have holidays next week and i was hoping to be in the 17's but I dont think it will happen. My last weigh in is this wednesday. I totally agree with what you were saying about being back on plan a few days you get that spring in your step, its a great feeling. I had a few days of there last month for an outing and oh my I found it so hard to get back on plan. It was like starting sw all over again I was craving all the rubbish. I absolutely love sw just kicking myself I didnt join in January 2013 instead of 2014! :) xx

I know what you mean! After my week off about a week ago I found it quite hard to get back in the saddle, I knew how much better I felt on SW and that it does work for me. Yet, I felt quite robbed of the joys of sugar and fat :rolleyes: It takes a few days and the enthusiasm comes back. But these last couple of days I have struggled a lot to enjoy fruit and veg. I didn't mind the free foods or not having sugar or fat but actually eating a salad seemed quite an effort, I don't quite know why. So today I'm going to hit the super free foods quite hard. Looking back at my first three weeks which were great I inadvertently did Success Express, more or less. Because even when cooking, I'd just load the veggies up and then add a bit of protein and carbs and then had fruit for afters. So I reckon that is the way forward for me. Having a tesco delivery tonight so I'll be all stocked up again :)

Oh and to add to that, I too wish I had started last year. I had often heard of people who had done well on SW and yet I wasted a whole year and faffing about with meal replacement diets and after a lot of struggling and deprivation and painful restarts I ended up on the SW scales exactly a year later and exactly the same weight. So what was the point huh.

I'm a bit Polly Anna ish at the moment, so wonder if you can look back at your year of faffing and up and downs before joining SW and see if you have learned or gained ANYTHING from that experience?

I too wish I had started SW seriously a year ago, or not allowed myself to get so flipping fat again, but I couldn't. I made some half hearted attempts but what you said about not fancying the fruits etc really rang true for me. When my emotions were not in the right place for me to do this, I'd cook something healthy that in a normal way I would love and just leave it, not really fancying it. then I would hit the biscuits and sandwiches and crisps.

But hey, here we all are, travelling determinedly and successfully in the right direction.

And speaking of directions, that changes ones perception too doesn't it. The same figure on the scales feels very different depending on whether or not we've been gaining or losing to get there.

Have a rewarding and insightful day ;)

I'm a bit Polly Anna ish at the moment, so wonder if you can look back at your year of faffing and up and downs before joining SW and see if you have learned or gained ANYTHING from that experience?

And speaking of directions, that changes ones perception too doesn't it. The same figure on the scales feels very different depending on whether or not we've been gaining or losing to get there.

Yes, I definitely learned a lot from the last 12 months. I want to be kinder to my body. And I have often mistaken kindness with giving in to my cravings which in the moment felt like doing something good for myself, but really the opposite was true. So I now try to re-train my instincts and impulses to know that eating healthily is kindness. Deprivation and starvation is a punishment and a body and mind subjected to this punishment will either fight it or give in to a negative view of self.

And yes, the point of view in relation to the direction you're going in to. How very true. About ten years ago when I moved here, I had lost quite a bit of weight and was around 11 stone. If back then I had stepped on the scales and they were in mid 14 stone range, I would have probably had a meltdown. Now, being mid 14 stone is actually already a success as only a year ago I was nearing 16. It's weigh in tonight....and I do hope I have had a good loss. I had a good week, ate clean and stuck to syns if I needed something outside the range of SF, free or Hex's. But it is so hard to tell. On a definitely positive note, I find my clothes being a looser now. I am 2.5lb away from my 1st loss and I am hoping that I will get there at weigh in tonight.....fingers and toes tightly crossed!

Right, so at last night's WI I lost 1lb. Pleased that it is another loss but slightly disappointed too that it wasn't more than that. My clothes have been fitting a lot more loosely this last week. Saying that, an evening WI is more prone to outside influences depending on what you eat and drink during the day (and how much of it leaves the body before you step on the scales hehe).

Still, do not quibble. It's a pound in the right direction. A light snack on figs for your HE B might help with an evening WI ;)

You are quite right there Micci. And I have been feeling quite good in myself these last couple of weeks. Apart from my general health issues which won't go away, I can tell that the healthy diet I am on is benefiting me. So I'm battling on :)

Yesterday's food diary:

BF: baby plum tomatoes, 1 bell pepper, two boiled eggs, a few spoonfuls of baked beans, banana

Lunch: mixed bean and shredded carrot salad

Dinner: 2 quorn sausages (2 syns), wholewheat pasta, mixed veg, some fromage frais/dijon mustard (0.5 syns) dressing

After Dinner Snack: Muller light yog with 2 weetabix (hexB)

HexA: Milk in drinks
HexB: weetabix
syns: 2.5

Right, it was weigh in for me last night and I lost 2.5lb. Very pleased indeed. I am starting to notice the weight loss in small ways like my neck looks slimmer, someone actually said to me yesterday that I looked thinner around the face which I was happy about. Also, I invested in two pairs of lovely light cotton summer trousers rather than denim and I feel I have a spring in my step. I found that for me the best way at the moment is to have quite substantial breakfasts and only light lunches. I seem to work best on that.

So for breakfast today I had:

cucumber, baby plum tomatoes, grapes, two eggs fried in fry light and three small fat free medallions of bacon

Lunch will be: rice, carrot, celery, pepper and mangetout salad

Snacks: banana, apple, 2 clementines

So far, so good :)

Great news on the loss - again ;)

Thanks Micci. I had a bit of a wobbly day yesterday, I think it's my hormones because I am due and it tends to drag on for about a week with me of constant food thoughts. Yesterday, I ended up having lunch with a friend and we went to a pub which is hard because everything is so carb laden and they were out of jacket potatoes!
So I went for ham, egg and chips, I asked for poached eggs and the ham was really lean so both would be free. But of course the chips weren't, not so much :D But then saying that, I didn't have them all, it wasn't a huge portion and they were quite dry and non-greasy. So I counted them as my full syns allowance yesterday and just had big salads and fruit in the evening. So far so good.

When I am hormonal like I am now, I find myself getting hungry so much more quickly, I had a big breakfast at 7am and now, at 10, I am already hungry again. What is wrong with me! But I am armed with a bowl of strawberrries, several satsumas and a bowl of chopped up melon so that will see me through.

Back