New me for 2014!

Only thing is is that my lunches are becoming all noodles! I work from home, but for a company that requires me to literally run grab something to eat and be back to my seat within no more than 5 minutes. So I'm really struggling for easy lunches, especially on red days! :(

Red day picnic at your desk with boiled eggs, cooked meats, cottage cheese, pickles, tomatoes celery stuff. Keep up the good work!

Thanks little! Subscribed to yours too! :) Im doing one red day, one green day, one red, one green etc as recommended by a friend, so unless I have stuff that'll last more than a day I can't really do last nights scraps as the red day is mostly syns stuff from green days :( I shall have a look though! Im gonna make a plan in a moment for the next week or two as I feel a bit out of control and in a mess with it at the moment :(

What a great idea borderlass! Thanks! :) Hope you've had a good day x

I was pretty good till I had some ham then remembered I was 'green' and had had my 2 HEXB! This is why extra Easy is a blessing, ok it's 1 less A & B, unless used as syns, but I love being able to have rice pasta or potatoes with meat & veggies without counting; though I have to admit, I'm not so good at managing all the superfree veggies! I hope you get your feeling of control back quickly, it's horrible when you feel out of it! x

Yeah I am only doing original, green alternatively because a friend recommended it. Just weighed myself and so far lost nothing :( really gutted!

Am I meant to be having 2 healthy a and 2 healthy b if I'm doing original or green? Confused a little and sure im going wrong somewhere!

Hi, just ppopping by to subscribe, with red/green yes you can have 2a and 2 b choices. For lunches how about making up a frittata, can just use super free veggies then it can be used on both a red/green day and can be eaten cold or popped in the microwave to heat. Or a batch of soup. Can make a few different ones and freeze in individual portions, then just take out a suitable one for the plan you Re following that day and whizz in the microwave. I find I live on mugshots for lunches as super quick and easy.

I need to drink more water too.

Hope you are having a good day.

I like the sound of a frittata for lunch :) xxx

Oh yes Frittata sounds like a brilliant lunch idea, Thank you!!

I think I may buy the bottles of water as 2litres and make sure I'm drinking the whole bottle throughout the day. I've just opened a Volvic, Sugar free strawberry and it's lovely! Nice to enjoy a drink with no syns!!

Hope everyone is having a great day so far! :)

30/01/2014 - Red

Breakfast
2 x Weetabix and 1% Fat milk

Lunch
2 x Fat free Quorn sausages
Bowl of Celery, Apple and Cucumber with 1tbsp 30% less fat Salad cream (1 ½Syns)

Dinner
Ham and Mushroom Omlette and a tad more than a tbsp of Ketchup (2 syns)

Snacks
1 x Pear
1 x Tangerine
Creme Egg :3 - 9 Syns

Healthy Extras
A Choice 280ML 1% Fat Milk
A Choice
B Choice 2 x Weetbix
B Choice

Drinks
1 x Green Tea
1 x Tea with 1% Fat Milk
1 Litres Volvic Sugar Free Strawberry water

Syns Total: 12 ½

Last edited:
The weight loss will come Smuffin, and you can count your cups of tea towards your fluid intake. I just watched my little 2 year old grandson having lunch today; he drank first, ate what he wanted and left the rest - lessons to be learned I think ;). And when I get worn out carrying him, I just remember, he weighs less than I want to lose, so how great it'll feel not carrying that around all the time.... didn't stop me having a buttered scone with my soup though, ha-ha, but I did decline chocolate cake! x

I will happily take the chocolate cake off your hands!! Lol :) Wish I'd bought some Candarel so I could of enjoyed some Chocolate cake in a cup for only 2 syns but I'm missing that one ingredient :( Will have to pick some up tomorrow!

Im trying to keep my syns today to enjoy a creme egg later! Going to have mushroom and bacon omlette for dinner I think. Running out of veg now so it's big shop day tomorrow! Need to make a list of stuff to buys especially some stuff for receipes.

What's really done me is I'm weighing per my Wii Fit board beings when I started dieting, I always used that and was always told to stick to one set of 'scales'. So I stuck to the wii fit board, especially as it's going to be part of exercise from Saturday! Tomorrow I'm going to pick some scales up from Argos though and will try and work out how much more/less I am per the Wii fit board to try and work my proper weight out I guess. I'm not expecting too much of a big loss on Saturdays weigh in, being's I came straight off Diet chef, straight to a VLCD then straight on to Slimming world. So where as a lot of people get a huge loss in their first week, I don't think i will beings I'm passed the water loss bit and changing sugar - sweetner already beings I've already done so when I started dieting 2 years back.

Yes, when other diets have been followed the weight loss is not so great; I've been low-carbing, so may gain some water this week, but I feel better for sure. I once gave up on SW because I was only losing half a pound a week - if I had kept it up I would be probably at goal now! Ah well, lesson learned. I am hoping that this time, instead of going it alone, the support from the forum will nudge me along when I get disheartened. :). And no, you can't have the coffee-shop choccky cake either, it would be nasty! I'm luckyish that I don't have a sweet tooth (hence the scone choice) but when sometimes something sweet is just what is needed, the chocolate cake in a mug for 2 syns sounds great!

Well my mum claims she can see it in my face and certain tshirts I wear, but shes my mum.. she has to say such nice things lol. I guess I will see on weigh in tomorrow, but not sure what to do if I have gained. I must be going wrong somewhere.

31/01/2014 - Green

Breakfast
2 x Weetabix and 1% Fat milk

Lunch
Nothing, was busy out shopping didn't get chance :(

Dinner
Pasta
Dolmio, Bolognese Sauce Extra Mushroom 250G - 4.5Syns
Courgettes
Onions
Mushrooms

Snacks
2 x Tangerine
Cake in a cup! (Was yummy :)) 2Syns

Healthy Extras
A Choice 280ML 1% Fat Milk
A Choice
B Choice 2 x Weetbix
B Choice 225g Pears in Juice

Drinks
1 x Green Tea
3 x Tea with 1% Milk
Can of cokes 7 Syns

Syns Total: 13.5

Last edited:
The cake in a mug is yummy, sure you will see a loss on the scales tomorrow hun. xxx

Weighed in today: 13Stone 2lb ¾. I only lost ¼ apparently?!
Not a happy bunny. Ok a loss is a loss, but your first week is meant to be your best.. if that's my best then :(

I must be going wrong somewhere. I've put some tubs, and a lot of salad so I can make up some salad tubs and definitely try and eat one with lunch and one with dinner, maybe it makes a difference. Any tips would be great!
Also I am going to a Carvary tomorrow for a family birthday celebration. Any ideas on what I should/shouldn't eat please guys? Gonna have another Red day tomorrow.

01/02/2014 - Red

Breakfast
2 x Weetabix + 1% Fat Milk
1 x Banana

Lunch
60g Wholemeal roll with Chicken, Mushroom, Lettuce, Mushroom and Cucumber inside.
Small side salad of Mushrooms, Lettuce, Tomatoes.

Dinner
Bacon
Mushroons,onions,courgette
Cheese & Onion Smash made with water 3 Syns
Salad pot I made up with Lettuce, Tomato, Celery, Onion, Cucumber, Mushrooms.

Snacks
1 x Tangerine
Strawberry Mullerlight
Cake in a cup 2 Syns
Strawberry Mullerlight
Banana

Healthy Extras
A Choice 280ml 1% Fat milk
B Choice 2 x Weetabix
A Choice
B Choice 60g Wholemeal roll

Drinks
1 x Green Tea
2 x White tea with 1% Fat milk
1 Litre water

Syns Total: 5

Last edited:
Enjoy the roast meats but with none-starchy vegetables, or you could use a HEXB for potatoes, and Syn for a couple of roasties. You shouldn't have the Yorkshire pud... but that is up to you at the end of the day! You could use 'flexi syns' where you allow yourself to go over to a limit you set yourself; if you know you would be miserable without wine and desert for example when everyone else is still tucking in. Whatever you do, enjoy yourself, that is what it is all about. It's a shame you haven't seen a good loss to get you motivated, but I can't see you doing anything wrong. Just persevere and maybe adding salad will do the trick, I can't face salad in cold weather! :)

If you are going for a red day I would load up on lean meat and super free veg, then just a small amount of potatoes. Try to stay clear of any creamy veggies and I would be quite sparse with gravy/sauces. If its a special treat there is no harm in having a 'flexi day' and just think it is 1 meal out of 21 in the week. As long as you stick to plan the rest of the week it shouldn't do too much damage.

Try not to be disheartened by the small loss. Since joining this time I lost 2lb, a maintain and then my 'big loss' came in week 3 with 4 1/2lb off. I would try to increase the super free as I do think it makes a difference with all plans x

Thanks Kay! :)

Yes I think Im lacking with the super free. Ive bought some pots to make some salad and fruit pots up so I can make sure I'm deffo eatting one with lunch and one with dinner for sure. Thanks for the advise for the carvary tomorrow, I'm dreading it! Wish I'd not said I'd go now lol x

Smuffin I just realised we have similar stats about the same amount to lose :D . It will be good to keep in touch. I have a dairy on here too do pop in and say hi :) (the link is in my signature). We can help support one another throughout our journey :p .

Kay xx

Back