New Mummy - Trying to keep on SW track!!

Today's been a terrible day. Whoops lol. I wonder if that's the difference between elective and emergency sections. I'm fine walking. I must have done miles today around the city and around a designer village. I wonder if its a case of less bruising etc? Or maybe it's luck of the draw? 2st isn't great when you've gained 5. (I was 6st off target at 39 weeks. Less than 4st from target now but still 3st heavier than my booking in weight so 3st of pg weight to shift. Sounds depressing but I'll get there, slowly. We both will, there's no rush just gentle progress to make it long term.

I think it might be the difference tbh, you probably have a nicer scar than me too! I would imagine I have a lot of bruising inside, the outside bruising has gone now but it was horrendous just afterwards - everything under my belly button was purple and yellow! It still pulls when I walk sometimes and gets sore quite easily so I have to be a bit careful. Could just be luck and how good your surgeon is too lol ;)

3 stone is totally doable, back on SW it should come off easily I would think. Hoping I can say the same for my remaining 1.5 stone of pg weight. Then I have 4 stone ish left to target. We'll get there!

I think it might be the difference tbh, you probably have a nicer scar than me too! I would imagine I have a lot of bruising inside, the outside bruising has gone now but it was horrendous just afterwards - everything under my belly button was purple and yellow! It still pulls when I walk sometimes and gets sore quite easily so I have to be a bit careful. Could just be luck and how good your surgeon is too lol ;)

3 stone is totally doable, back on SW it should come off easily I would think. Hoping I can say the same for my remaining 1.5 stone of pg weight. Then I have 4 stone ish left to target. We'll get there!

My scar is below my pubic line so should be totally hidden as it fades. It did gape a bit for a while but it's ok now. I had no bruising- none visible anyway. The only real trouble after the initial obvious pains was a muscle pain that was sheer agony but even that's ok now. The area directly above and below the scar feels slightly hard but not painful, hoping that goes soon. The bruising you've had sounds horrendous but it makes sense if they need a quick entry. All will end well though Hun it'll soon be a distant memory. My surgeon was completely full of himself, I didn't like him at all. Not sure how he fitted his ego into theatre but he did a good job and my baby's here safely so I'll let him off.

You're right it's very doable. We've done it before and we'll do it again. The hardest part I'm finding is that I now have no clothes! And I don't like anything I try on as I feel gross. I'm not sure how to fix that I think it may be more of a psychological issue. Plus it seems silly buying when I plan on shrinking but I need a few survival pieces.

My scar is below my pubic line so should be totally hidden as it fades. It did gape a bit for a while but it's ok now. I had no bruising- none visible anyway. The only real trouble after the initial obvious pains was a muscle pain that was sheer agony but even that's ok now. The area directly above and below the scar feels slightly hard but not painful, hoping that goes soon. The bruising you've had sounds horrendous but it makes sense if they need a quick entry. All will end well though Hun it'll soon be a distant memory. My surgeon was completely full of himself, I didn't like him at all. Not sure how he fitted his ego into theatre but he did a good job and my baby's here safely so I'll let him off. You're right it's very doable. We've done it before and we'll do it again. The hardest part I'm finding is that I now have no clothes! And I don't like anything I try on as I feel gross. I'm not sure how to fix that I think it may be more of a psychological issue. Plus it seems silly buying when I plan on shrinking but I need a few survival pieces.

Sounds like you're healing really well! Yeah, they had to get in quick with me as little dude was suffering so it was a definite quick and dirty job! The outside bruising is long gone but it still swells up if I do too much and the area above the scar is still quite hard and sometimes painful but always sore. When I had my six week check the doctor said it was just the internal damage dying down and it's common with emergency sections. I'm so much better than I was though!

I know what you mean with the clothes, I do have things that fit me but i'm still wearing a lot of maternity stuff as it's comfy and I struggle with anything tight over my scar with it still being sore. My maternity yoga pants are starting to fall down though lol! I also now have the classic c section overhang, it looks horrible tbh and I'm finding it tricky to get my head around. A lot of my old tops look awful now as I stick out in funny places.

You need a capsule wardrobe maybe, just a few things that will do for different occasions. You'll be back in your old clothes before you know it! ;)

Back