NEW Start (Again)

twox4

CLASSIC YO-YOER ALERT

Hello people,

I have been here before with all the best intentions however i am still at the same weight as what i was last year. possibly slightly heavier.

I have been to slimming world and think its a great way of dieting but for some reason i keep failing at it. i would say it has something to do with my own mental state, wanting and craving the "nice" stuff. for a long time i got into the mind set as if to say that if i go bad today i can always start again tomorrow but then it turns out that tomorrow never comes.

i am 6ft2in and weigh 20stone (at my last slimming world meeting about a month ago ( i have no weighing scales at home), i have a baby Due in september and want to loose at least a stone by then and more as i go along. I am an I.T. Engineer and do travel quite alot by tube around london but do find that for 2 of the day i work i am on my back side for most of it.

up untill one month ago i use to do martial arts one day a week (cant afford 2 days a week) and this is quite an active class so i come out feeling great. i am going back to this on monday so this will be a good kick start.

I plan to get off my bus one stop earlier and get on it a stop later. this will increase as times go on and i also am looking into riding my bike from home to the station. this is about a 4 mile journey so in total i will be riding about 8 miles a day. However on the days that i go to the martial arts training i will take the bus due to time restraints.

you see i have it planned but i ned to kick start it into action.

My worst time is when i am at work. because i cant really prepare my lunch i sometime have to resort to buying things from sansburys or tesco and as we know these foods contain loads of syns and points so its harder. on occasion i i am able to get some ham and salad stuff or make a mugshot or two which is good but i would like a variety.

In any case if you have made it this far through my post i would just like to say thank you for reading and the today is the day i start.

i started off the day bad (2 mini hash browns and 2 slices of bacon with no fat) but i also had a fruit salad when i go into work so getting better.

Thanks again for ready and i will use the forum as much as possible for help and inspiration.

Thanks again for reading

Welcome! I can completely relate to the 'tomorrow never comes' thing! So what diet are you doing? WW, SW, or just CC?

Hi twox4 stick to the SW, you know it's not restrictive like the others you have to use a healthy eating plan that you can always use not just a fad that as soon as you stop it all piles back on good luck and keep letting us know how it's going ;)

Back