New Year New Start New Me

I was happy out this morning an had a good enough first day back at work - I managed my shaker for 6 mins while I boiled my egg for brekkie this am and had a coffee / soup n 2sl WW bread for lunch... Had a lollipop on way home to stave off the craving - had ww bisc and bar when got home then for tea had about 10 WW chips with few beans and a veggie burger! I Also did 20 mins in the shaker while watching home and away... So all in all a good day.... But it's only 10 to 8 a long time to bedtime... And I know I am not hungry but mmmmm nibbles r creeping in ... And 2m is official WW weighin (which is nerve wracking as their scales had me heavier - 13 9 i think?!?) than my own (13 3 when I started dec 30) b4 Xmas and so I know I will be disappointed to not be at 13 like I was this morning but still I just hope it's down...) ah dear - over thinking and worry but dont want to eat as a result!! Maybe another coffee r sthg to take mind off it!

great loss! well done!!! as long as both sets of scales go in the right direction, its all good.

i know what you mean about feelin pressure when u don't weigh in- but at the moment i feel like i deserve a bit of panic for all the festive face stuffing i did. i am NOT weighing in till end jan (probably the last friday, whatever that is). i've got the same mini goal as you..... 12!! 12!! 12!!

good luck with the "official" scales nonetheless x

Thanx feetface and mandlegrot - another day managed - another 20 mins done on shaker - i'm finding the support is keepin me on the straight n narrow - I want to be honest on here esp with what I am eating - because I am only fooling myself otherwise to Thanx for writing to me it really makes me responsible - I didn't nibble afterall this evening - I knew in my heart it was a false hunger so another mini step forward for me! I am wrecked now so I'm off to bed! Nite all! X

Ahh well done for not snacking, it's hard but we can do this!!

Good luck at weigh in tomorrow, weigh yourself when you get back from weigh in maybe to see what the difference is between the scales?

Good luck on the scale tomorrow!

RawrGirl knows how hard it is...one thing that helped her was realizing that she can either give up (and eat yummy food) and be the same weight (or fatter) in 6 months, or she can stick with it and be thinner in 6 months.

Another thing that helped was having been the chubby/fat girl always on a diet....for 14+ years. Finally, RawrGirl decided that if she is going to be on a diet for the rest of her life (and passing up on yummy foods/eating smaller portions than she would like), she may as well be slender and wearing a fab outfit while doing it.

Sticking to a diet is very mental. You've got to get your head in the right place. A journal is a good way of venting out your frustrations, and figuring out what is really bothering you when you want to eat. Also fun to list all the stuff you will do at goal, plan your dream wardrobe, etc.

Rawrgiel I so like ur attitude - I love the idea of brin slim and lookin fab giving out about food than being chubby and still givin out - I am going to read ur post often to remind me of that!

Than mandlegrot for kind words like the idea of weighing self after class except it's an hour drive home and now I have a counseling session for the demons within so I think it's almost too long to compare accurately

Anyway today's update I weighed sel this am before school and I was 13 st1.5 - yes a lb on
So I am going to monitor more carefully... ESP them bubbly bits when I get home r the bread I munch on when waiting for tea...

But on the other hand official weighin went well - since last official weigh in I lost 5.5 lbs and down to 13.3 on WW scale... I was happy enough (although god alone knows how many times I have lost those same 5lb)

I feel quite motivated to stick at it - I would like to have a stone off by end of month and see where I go from there ... So my aim (on my own scale is 12.7) it will be hard but I can do it!!!

Ur support as always is invaluable xx

Ok so WW today was about being aware of the hedinogenic impulses to eat (ie triggers - situations/people/places) and how being aware of them gives us the choice and so we have control to make good choices

Well... I did totally get it and was motivated and after a tough counseling session where I got upset I still made good choices for my tea (I had boiled egg and 2 turkey rashers on toast with a glass of water - it was nummy!!! I then spent 20 mins on my shaker even though I was quite tired n just wanted to relax after my shower... I persevered...

Though watching tv I was a bit nibbly when I decided I would have a coffee just to enjoy while I relaxed - but there was none left!! And without even a thought to what I learnt I ate 2 slices of WW bread - mindlessly!!!! A prime example of hedinogenic eatig!!!!!! Gutted!!!!

Anyway - I can only improve - but today's consumption so far -
A late start no just a WW Bar for brekkie
A biscuit (box brought into school) with water
Soup and 2 sl WW bread (and another biscuit)
WW bar n lollipop
Then my tea of egg turkey rasher and WW bread
And my undoing of 2 more WW bread!!

I guess I can only do better
And try to fit in 20 more mins on the shaker

Do you keep a food diary? I know WW gives out little paper weekly ones, but when I was doing it, I bought the 3 month version from them. If you can get in the habit of jotting down your food before you eat, it might help to not eat something without meaning to.

Good for you for counseling. It's very hard, and takes a lot of strength to go through, and a lot of strength to heal...which makes you brave and strong. Remind yourself that you are a survivor and a fighter. One thing they told me, you probably already lived through (and survived) your greatest fear.

Thanx RG - I will seriously try the tracking - I don't do a great job of it so far tbh but 2m is a new day

The reason I am akshully writing now is on a diff matter though - it's in my BRAT of a puppy who is blatantly REFUSING to come in!!! I shoulda gone for a wee walk with her - just didn't realize the time when I let her out and now she will not come in for love nor money!!!

I so should just go to bed and leave her out - that's teach her but she has quite a high pitched bark n my super cranky neighbors have given out about her before if she's been out after I come home on a night out - and I darent waken them with more doggy barking :(

So here I sit in the sitting room ready to drop off while my dog sits outside the front door looking at the stars... If I go out she runs away - she will not. One when called and is far too clever to fall for bribery with treats... I guess she's pissed off at me for going back to school!! I justt hope she gets bored soon and scratches on the door to be let in - god give me patience (sigh)

She's finally in an hour and a half later - brat! And she only came in when I let her follow me upstairs to my room - shes so fly - lives her comforts! Serves me right for letti g her sleep in my room at the weekend - zzzz tired now :/

O my goodness I was soo tires this morning I barely dragged myself outta bed Til 10 to 8 and trust me it was a slow drag.... I weighed self though and was back to 13 0.5 so was a good start... I didn't have time to shake but had egg on 1 sl of Ww toast.... (I don't really need 2 now do I!) at school I had half a cappuccino (sachet) and half a apple slice (confectionary thing with fluffy pastry apple and cream) lunch was Heinz spaghetti from sml tin and 2 slices toast and d other half of the apple slice (I know but it was an out of the ordinary treat) I had a coffee after school and dinner was a WW chicken with pepper/mushroom/onion and Ww sauce with 5 /6 chips.... Had my treat so trying best now to stay away from any other treat this eve (again it only 9pm tho) I did my shaker for 20 mins and have had my shower so this is my danger time... When I have little to do - I am not hungry so I am gonna try control the trigger (as I about to watch celebrity come done with me it might be hard) anyway I have to akshully physically write out what I ate and point it to see where I am but all in all a good day xx

Ps anyone recommend slimming tablets to aid in the first few weeks to get off to a good start?!?

Eek! Happy little dance!! On my own scales I broke into the 12s yippee olso it's 12 13.2 but I am thrilled - aim now is to make sure Ww official scale says 12 sthg too and work towards 12.7 on my own by end of jan! ( my club 10 goal)

Great start to the day 10 mins on shaker and egg on1sl Ww white toast - very determined bunny today!

Brilliant smurfette! !! Well done, so happy for you xx

Thanx RG - today was ok though I did have a dodgy evening
This morning : egg on toast - 4pp
Skinny cappuccino - 2 pp
1 Victoria biscuit 2pp
WW soup - 2pt
3 sl Ww bread - 3 pp
Ww chicken curry - 8pp
Prtn Ww chips - 5

5 WW biscuits - 5 pp
2 Ww bar - 4 pp
1/2 cappachino 1pt (just use half sachet)

My evening was atrocious really - a lot of just wantig chocolate and I ate 10pp over budget! I can use my weekly allowance towards it I know but I just don't know why I let myself dyknow?!? Anyway I am going to behave for rest of week and I am not going to weigh for few days to see if I can undo this slip... :/ so much for controlling hedinogenic impulses once u are aware of them (sigh)

Went on small walk to make up for my nibbles - walked the hill I live on (about a mile and half down n back) in 16 mins - progress sure ...
Was also on shaker for 20 mins... Am super tired now do going to bed at ten - and hoping the damage I did is reparable...

Have you tried eating hot soup to feel full? Many dieters skip breakfast an that slows down the metabolism which will keep you from losing weight. Just a thought.

Diet diva - we are in this together - keep her lit! Samson than for d idea - I normally have WW soup at school and that's where my store of Tins are - I'm not much of a veggie eater tbh but it might e an idea for me to try to make the homemade version and freeze it for those days - I will have a go!!

Yesterday was a brave enough day - I tried hard to be good - here's what I ate after 5 min on shaker b4 brekkie

Egg on 1 sl WW toast : 4pp
0.5 sachet skinny cappachino with water : 1pp
Victoria biscuit : 2 (I wanted to resist but couldn't)
WW chicken soup and 1 sl WW bread : 3pp
WW bar : 2 pp
Lollipop:2pp
1 turkey rasher egg and 1sp beans on 2 WW toast : 7pp

And I joined a running club an ran / walked my first 3k - I was pleased but watching tv I was nibbly and ate some WW bars and bisc :8pp

Which I know I can use my weeklies for but I am dreading the scales on Tuesday already (sigh)
So weeklies used so far is about 24

Heading to friends for her bday tonite and am gonna make sure I have a full tummy and all my dailies used so I won't nibble but in 2 minds re drinking or not ... Anyone know how many pp bulmers light is?!?!? Maybe I should just drive ...

Back