Newbie Cambride Dieters! Saturday Weigh In

What a wonderful feeling.. having a baggy ass!!! Its funny because they look awful/illfitting but you feel great in them!! I'm trying not to buy too much clothes yet because I want to go on a spree when I reach goal. Deep down in the depths of my wardrobe I have pair of size 16 & 14 jeans.

Think I'll reward myself with manicures/facials maybe a massage.

I'm really getting into doing my nails properly now... because I have the time. Plus they are a great distraction!! But I've been lucky the last few days I haven't been hungry at all. How are you doing now?

Yes a definate spendng spree when I get closer to my goal aswell. I just had to buy those trousers... it was great that they had got so big it was the first reall indicator that Id lost a pile of weight. Ive heard that for every 10lbs you loose you drop a size or half size in your clothes which is cool!!

I did a spring clean over the weekend and threw out loads of clothes and have another bag for charity. Most of my tops are still ok so I kept them ... also found 2 pairs size 14 trousers Id bought 2years ago as an incentive to loose weight. The fit me now.

The one thing I can wait to buy is a pair of jeans that fit. I think when I reach my goal I will fork out on an expensive pair of jeans (150euro). Ive never done that in my life! But I think I will make the exception in this case. Havr you tried on the 16 and 14 jeans you have to see how close you are?

I wish I could get a manicure... ive no nails... I bite them.. terrible habit I know. Ok new goal .. I will stop biting my nails as of today (no matter how much my boss irratates me :)) and then I will have a manicure once they are long enough!

Im doing ok now in week 3 of SS My appetite has kind of gone its weird. Unless I smell something I really love, like I'm renting in Ranelagh Dublin and there is a restaurant on my corner called TriBeca and they do these chicken wings..... OMG..... so good and everytime I walk past on my way home it makes me really hungry so I have to have my soup as soon as Im in the door.

I am cheating though Ive allowed myself some slimline milk in my tea and coffee.. it hasnt affected me in anyway soI dont think there is any harm. Today is walk home from work day aswell Im trying to do it 3 time a week if I can but Summer Hockey will be starting again at the end of the month.. thank god so that'll keep me fit.

Jeebus I didnt realise Id written so much! Happy reading... sorry for the long rant

Definitely agree with you. It's one thing seing the little numbers on the scale but I really feel it when I try on a pair of trousers that used to be small and they fit!! I can never see any difference in the mirror, thats it when I go home tonight I trying on my size 16 tonight. I wont care if they look ridiculous, a triumph will be getting them closed!

I know what you mean bout the chicken wings..., my weakness is bannoffee pie which you don't see a huge ammount of around EXCEPT when I go up to Castlebar (i'm in Galway) to get my suply of CD, we go to a coffee shop for a break before we go home and they always have a huge cake of it on a tier in the middle of the shop, home made with lots and lots of fresh cream!! - I have to sit as far away as possible with my back to it and have my banana tetra!! Needless to say my boyf not allowed order it!

I used to play hockey in school and loved it but there aren't any clubs up here. Besides I will have to be very near goal before I'd have the nerve to get back in to it. I have the prom in Salthill for my excercise till then.

You should be fine with the skim milk, I think there's some plan that is basically 3 sachets plus skim milk. I would be miserable if I couldn't have coffe, but luckily I've really gottn to like the taste of (good) black coffee. But I've given up on tea cos I dont really like it black.

I remember when my sister tried to stop biting her nails and she put that stuff on them that makes them taste awful. Then she used make such funny faces while she sucked it all off so that she could bite them again. I always feel good when my nails are done. I had the most luxurios bath last night! I never have time for baths really and it was so nice with candles/music. Wonderful.

Glad to hear you're back on track. I always find that its easy enough to stick to when everything is going good but when I have a bad day at work or a fight with someone I start dreaming of chips and choc muffins!! But I've been super good for just over 2 weeks now, so determined to keep going. I have my holiday in August which I must be at goal for so I have to behave.

Hi there,
I am also on week 3 and weigh in on a saturday morning. So far I have lost 7lbs each week, which has been brilliant. But last Saturday evening I went out for a meal and a few drinks, so im not expecting any losses this saturday coming.
I really wish I didn't go ow as I was doing s o well. I cuoldn't eat as much as usual and I started to get a bit dizzy whilst eating. It was either guilt or a major carb over load!!
Anyway, Im back on track, hopefully I will lose something this Saturday, even if its only a pound!!
Good luck this week
CharX

That's fantastic weight loss Mot!!

Hey, don't beat yourself up over eating. Its behind you now and the important thing is that your back on track and sticking with it. (Plus hopefully feeling ill will stop you from breaking it again!). And you should lose something as you have a whole week on CD before WI. The danger is that if you do lose weight you might be tempted to eat again next Sat. But DONT!! I know from experience it never works the second time:mad:

That is one thing I likeabout CD, that sort of empty/light feeling in my tummy (prob for the first tiime ever :)) but yet in general not feeling hungry. I can't believe that I'm really looking forward to my Vanilla/Cinnamon porridge when I get home just as if it was 'real' food.

Have u tried any smaller clothes?

Hi Motli!

welcome to the weigh in. Its only human to slip up the odd time. Great weight loss by the way Im sure you can pull it back for your next weigh in.

Cute avatar!

hi jellybelly newbie here too good luck with you journey :D:D

Hi Donna

Welcome to the thread... do you want to let us know how you get on each week? How are you finding CD so far?

Hi again,
Have kept on track and am raring to go now!!
No more slip-ups and I mean it!! Its my birthday in May and will be going out, but its a month till then and Im aiming to lose a stone!
how do you make vanilla and cinnamon porridge? Ive tried making then cookie and it was bloody awful!!
Cant wait to Saturday to see if I have lost!
Speak soon
CharX

Any of my 'cooking' attempts fail miserably!!
for my porridge I just make my vanilla shake hot and put two spoons of psyllium husk and lot of cinnamon in and use my blender for a few seconds. Mmmmmmm.

I seriously can't wait until Saturday, this part of the week seriously starts dragging. I'm planning to go away at the end of May for bf Birthday so I think I'll have to have a weekend off as we'll be staying with friends so I don't have any chance of even sticking to AAM type food. But its a long way off yet.

Hey Jellybelly.... you have me sneaking into shop now trying on clothes on my lunch break to see what fits!!! (I leave the cc in office so I wont be tempted.)

Ha Ha! So youve caught the bug!! Any good results??

I think I knocked myself out of ketosis Ive only lost half a pound since saturday. I have a dinner tonight which I have to go to.. will have a salad. I know I shouldnt have anything cause Im on SS but a healthy option shouldnt be too bad I hope. :break_diet:

I reckon I will have lost nothing this week. My own fault though. But at least I havent put anything on.

I'll have to work really hard next week

Im in work at the mo and I feel really shi**y I dont know whats wrong.

My skin is crawling, I feel like my clothes are rubbing of my skin and its uncomfortable.

I wanna go home!!!

And let me guess.... stick to the teeth of water :)

I invested in a lovely fleecey pair of pjs and fluffy socks and there's nothing more comforting after a really sh***y than going home, hopping in the bath and then getting all snuggly afterwards. If I'm having mad food cravings then I go through a whole moisturising regime to keep me distracted.

I hope your feeling better. Any chance you could nip out in fresh air for a bit?

P.S. don't worry about the scales.... I sure its nothing a good dose of psyllium husks wont cure.

When mine get stuck I just think.... at least they're not going up xx

Thanks Yuna!

Im gonna take a wee stroll now. ONe of the girls here just gave me a nurofen flu and cold so hopefully that'll help as well

Oh to be curled up on the sofa with a hot water bottle, jammies socks and my boyf oversized hoody... heavan!!

Im a bit run down Id say... trying to sort out my career at the mo. I want to get into fund accounting anf do the acca but I have a 2.2 BSc in Physics and all they want are business graduates. Im trying to get into a part time post grad course in dit in fianance. Fingers crossed.

ive spent the last 3 days sending cv's... not one reply :cry:

I must persevere!!!!

Aaah, you definitely need some TLC, maybe your stroll could take you past a Boots for some retail therapy.

I know how frustrating that stuff can be. I have a degree & masters in Arts and am felt virtually unemployable!!!

Took me about 6 weeks to find my job and then just incredible luck that it was perfect. Had totally given up, got real depressed that I would spend my life as a government funded artist and got a call out of the blue. (Was so close to emmigrating not even funny)

Stick with it girl, don't give up and you'll get. Perseverence is rewarded.

wow your an artist! thats cool. You were so lucky you got your job.

Ive worked in credit control for two years and now Im in a document control job (civils based) its not what I thought it would be. I have no involvement in the project and its not even proper document control its more like an admin job which sucks!

Dont get me wrong Im on amazing money for the job but theres just no job satisfaction and to move around in the company you need an engineering background which I dont have. But I would be willing to take a drop in salary if I could get into fund accounting providing its a working position where Im trainind and I can do the ACCA

Fingers crossed anyway. I let you know how I get on with my search for a new life!! New job... new body... talk about multi-tasking!!

Hee hee.... no artist.... government sponsored artist i.e. drawing the dole and doing sweet f all!!! I hated it.

I'm doing admin-ish job at the moment but I just started 6 months ago and ok but don't wanna do it for life. Life too short for just one job but I have to pay off student loans before I can do more courses.

You must be a real confirmed Dub, not wanting to move.:) I know loads of people down there that can't wait to come back West! Definitely agree that cut in money is worth a job that you really like.

My boyf - the broke film student - is always saying that once you find a job you love you'll never work a day in your life!!

Back