newbie here

eastybeasty

hi everyone :)

first time poster second weight watcher. I'll try and give a little background. I followed the weight watchers approach last year (the pro points plan) and lost roughly a stone. gradually as all too often happens it went back on. at the same time as i was doing this, attending weekly weigh ins etc i was also going running at the gym 3 times a week (i can really recommend the free couch to 5k podcasts) so maybe not a surprise i lose weight.

i was going to the gym 3 times a week as i had a 8 week free membership through my work. as soon as that ran out...i stopped going, it was an extra expense i didnt need and to be honest wasnt sustainable.

over the years ive tried various faddy diets as a quick fix approach to losing weight. its taken me time and experience to work out and really get into my head what a lot of other people know already - this approach doesnt work.

This time (I started following weight watchers again on 18th feb this year) its going to be different. I'm not going to the meetings but having my own weigh in once a week and am tracking everything I'm eating. I'm not going to the gym as I'm an all or nothing person and i know that wouldnt be sustainable. instead i'm trying to make lifestyle changes that will enable me to lose weight but will be long term.

this all sounds good and I'm pleased with my realisations but I'm getting a bit despondent and looking for reassurance. I weighed myself on the 18th and was horrified when the scales read 12.2lb. I was really proud of myself the week after when the scales then said 11.10. However from then until now the scales have stayed the same, going up or down by about 1/2 lb a week. I know I'm not exercising that much but the weather has been terrible and I am planning to go out walking etc in the nicer weather. I'm feeling a wee bit frustrated that i am trying to lose weight and writing everything down yet theres really been no weight loss since the first couple of weeks. The last time i did it there was a fairly consistent weight loss of a couple of pounds but that will be to do with the exercise too. I'd really have expected some weight loss tho!

I know the summer is a bit off still but want to be slimmer for then and I'm already worried that I might not be if my body doesnt want to part with some of the extra weight!

anyway hi everyone :) i hope I've posted this in the right place. I seem to be typing my woes first before introducing myself but I'm 30, 31 in may, live in central scotland with my husband, (who's really supportive) 2 cats and an ever increasing number of fish! :)

:) thanks for the welcome! where roughly in the west? lived in kilmacolm for a bit, west of scotland is a lovely area, as are many parts mind you :)

Welcome Hun!

Good luck in sure you will do fab xxx

Hello,
I am new as well. Good luck with your weight loss. We have a great deal in common as I have an issue with exercise as well, my problem is lack of motivation though lol. Anyway glad to see there are more newbies like myself :) take care

Welcome and good luck!

I'm in a similar position. I got down from 12st2 to the mid 11s quite easily and now I seem to be up and down a pound or two each week. It's driving me mad! I've got a week's free gym trial through work and hopefully I'll scrape together enough money to join and that'll make a difference.

Do keep plugging away though, eventually I'm sure it'll just start falling off.

aw thanks for the nice posts, sorry it took me a wee whiley to answer. i dont record my weist etc measurements but i have been recording my weight, just weigh myself once a week, get missed about not losing anything and carry on regardless. ive been weighing myself on a monday but not done it yet. my problem is motivation too really but it doesnt help when the weathers like this.
once it starts getting nicer i'll be out and about more even for walking and things. it doesnt help that its an office job i have so not a great deal of activity there either. just need to find the right balance between going nuts over something for a while and never doing it again (did that with the gym last year) and making little changes that are sustainable. weight watchers is definitely helping me look at my eating habits so thats a good start i think :D

aw thanks for the nice posts, sorry it took me a wee whiley to answer. i dont record my weist etc measurements but i have been recording my weight, just weigh myself once a week, get missed about not losing anything and carry on regardless. ive been weighing myself on a monday but not done it yet. my problem is motivation too really but it doesnt help when the weathers like this.
once it starts getting nicer i'll be out and about more even for walking and things. it doesnt help that its an office job i have so not a great deal of activity there either. just need to find the right balance between going nuts over something for a while and never doing it again (did that with the gym last year) and making little changes that are sustainable. weight watchers is definitely helping me look at my eating habits so thats a good start i think :D

Haha you sound like me! I would definitely recommend measuring yourself though - even if the scales aren't moving, you should be able to see a difference there.

thanks :) yeah its probably a good idea. i'll need to remember bout that although my memory is terrible! hehe. on the plus side i lost 2lbs when i weighed myself yesterday so thats roughly 8 in total now since 18th of feb :)

Back