Extra Easy Newbie to Slimming World

santa_nethy

Hi, I'm doing slimming world at home, although the unofficial version as I've not joined, so I don't have access to the syn bible, just what I have cobbled together from various websites. I've tried 5:2, and that works for a while, but it's hard to maintain not eating - which is why I like the sound of SW!

As I'm not doing it officially and won't be going to local classes, I was hoping that I could use a support network here :) I'm not overweight or anything, but over the past 6 years I've tried to lose a stone, eat healthier, and nothing has worked long term. I've even had thyroid tests convinced something medical was stopping me from losing weight. Probably sounds silly, but I'm looking to find the solution, and 3 days in I'm enjoying SW. I'd be interested in hearing people's experiences - particularly when you reach your goal weight. What happens then? And what do people do when they want to have a few drinks - is it OK to have the odd night off? I've read somewhere that it's 105 syns per week (15 a day), so if you're within that, you're OK?

Anyway, nice to meet you all. Finger's crossed I can make this work and regain some confidence about my body :)

I think the odd night off is fine! As long as it's only the one and you don't go overly mad. I normally go out on a Friday every week. I have low syn days the day before and after my night, I find that helps me. Also have you considered becoming an online member. I know you can do that with slimming world!

I think the odd night off is fine! As long as it's only the one and you don't go overly mad. I normally go out on a Friday every week. I have low syn days the day before and after my night, I find that helps me. Also have you considered becoming an online member. I know you can do that with slimming world!

Thanks: ) 2 weeks and 1 day in, and I joined as an online member last week, definitely worth it for all the resources you get.

How long have you been doing sw? X

Back