No Drinking Challenge

Good luck for your results! They should be with you anytime now? Think it took about 6wks for my MSc results to come back.
I too have heard spinning is awful but you burn a lot don't you, and I'm not too shabby on an exercise bike, though I gather it's quite different.. I'm too busy enjoying the sunshine to even contemplate it!
Yeah I'm full-time, alongside running my partners business. No rest for the wicked!
It's a really good topic- I did it at alevel too- i think it's so good because most people find an avenue of it that they enjoy? Like I really enjoy the health psychology and research side, but there's so many different routes you can choose that are totally different!

Good luck for your results! They should be with you anytime now? Think it took about 6wks for my MSc results to come back.
I too have heard spinning is awful but you burn a lot don't you, and I'm not too shabby on an exercise bike, though I gather it's quite different.. I'm too busy enjoying the sunshine to even contemplate it!
Yeah I'm full-time, alongside running my partners business. No rest for the wicked!
It's a really good topic- I did it at alevel too- i think it's so good because most people find an avenue of it that they enjoy? Like I really enjoy the health psychology and research side, but there's so many different routes you can choose that are totally different!

Hopefully soon, they haven't give us any sort of date haha :( I've heard spinning is -350cal for 30mins :eek:, I just can't face it yet haha. Ooh sounds interesting, I liked doing social research for my MA so hopefully want to get into that :)

Yeah mega calorie burn! Intense or so I hear- il let you know if I brave it one day haha.
Wasn't it your run yesterday? How did it go?! Oh I just looked in your signature, well done! How are you feeling today? X

it was ok thanks, I didn't hit my target time (I was 3.5mins slower than last year haha :() but I pulled a muscle not long in so glad I made it :D I'm a little achy and the leg muscle hurts but otherwise ok :) how was your weekend? X

Im very impressed! Wish I could run- love the idea but the reality less so lol. Congratulations on completing it, hope your aches and pains soon ease! Radox bath?
it was a good weekend thank you :) had an off day on Saturday and used 50odd syns so having a rather frugal week! Struggling a lil, esp as OH has just made freaking cookies :/ resisting well, going to paint my nails to distract me lol x

Im very impressed! Wish I could run- love the idea but the reality less so lol. Congratulations on completing it, hope your aches and pains soon ease! Radox bath?
it was a good weekend thank you :) had an off day on Saturday and used 50odd syns so having a rather frugal week! Struggling a lil, esp as OH has just made freaking cookies :/ resisting well, going to paint my nails to distract me lol x

Thanks, the thing with running is at the time it is awful but afterwards you have so much energy :) I pulled the muscle at about 3.5km so walked most of it unfortunately :( oh well there is next time!
Im jealous of the 50odd syns, was it yummy stuff that was worth it? :D my syns usually are mostly alcohol on weekends haha :/. Oh cookies, do they have the cookie smell too? :eat:. My OH just ate a 100g wonka bar and I've just worked out it was 32 syns :eek:. I always repeat to myself 'nothing tastes as good as thin feels' when temptation is around lol x

Wow its pretty good that you were only 3.5mins off last yr if you walked the rest of the way!
I have resolved to start walking at least so hope the improved energy levels push me up to a jog/run! I find its usually how exercising makes me feel but im struggling energy-wise at the moment, I've been in bed early most of the week exhausted! Trying to up my iron.
Ohh wonka is so good! Though I dont think I could manage a whole bar haha. yes they are proper choc chip cookies and the smell has now wafted upstairs :(
50odd syns comprised of party nibbles,hot beef sandwich on a fluffy white buttered tcake (starting to drool at the memory..) with chips, a large pitcher of Pimm's, two glasses of wine and a raspberry Smirnoff slush!
Ha it was well worth it.
Ive been terrible really considering this was meant to be a no drinking challenge thread!

Wow its pretty good that you were only 3.5mins off last yr if you walked the rest of the way!
I have resolved to start walking at least so hope the improved energy levels push me up to a jog/run! I find its usually how exercising makes me feel but im struggling energy-wise at the moment, I've been in bed early most of the week exhausted! Trying to up my iron.
Ohh wonka is so good! Though I dont think I could manage a whole bar haha. yes they are proper choc chip cookies and the smell has now wafted upstairs :(
50odd syns comprised of party nibbles,hot beef sandwich on a fluffy white buttered tcake (starting to drool at the memory..) with chips, a large pitcher of Pimm's, two glasses of wine and a raspberry Smirnoff slush!
Ha it was well worth it.
Ive been terrible really considering this was meant to be a no drinking challenge thread!

Oh no hope you're feeling better soon. Running training is best taking it slow and just aiming to go a little bit further each time you train :) the wafting smell is worse than the actual food in front of you I think well done on resisting :)
Pimms oh wow, it was deffo Pimms weather this weekend though :D
This thread needs to be renamed amazing alcohol thread :D I've only had 2 and a half drinks this weekend after the run, had one small wine, one wine and tonic and a single vodka and diet coke :)

That was very restrained of you! I would be celebrating having done that run!!
Yes I think we definitely need to rethink the name of this thread :/ I haven't had a drink through the week, was being so good sun Mon tue n then today BAM Frankie and Bennys for tea :/ I am supposed to WI tomorrow as well!
The wafting cookie smell was terrible. He made so many of the damn things he only finished eating them last night!
thanks for the running advice- my energy levels are up a bit more now (been eating spinach bleurgh) so intend to head to the gym.will give it a try on the treadmill before I go public lol.
Hope you're good x

That was very restrained of you! I would be celebrating having done that run!!
Yes I think we definitely need to rethink the name of this thread :/ I haven't had a drink through the week, was being so good sun Mon tue n then today BAM Frankie and Bennys for tea :/ I am supposed to WI tomorrow as well!
The wafting cookie smell was terrible. He made so many of the damn things he only finished eating them last night!
thanks for the running advice- my energy levels are up a bit more now (been eating spinach bleurgh) so intend to head to the gym.will give it a try on the treadmill before I go public lol.
Hope you're good x

Hope weigh in went well :) don't worry about the Frankie and bennys we all need a treat lol :) x

I sts again!! I can't seem to get below 11st, must try harder.
Been off the wagon since wi annoyed me,I know I'll be sorry on Thursday but im enjoying a bit of time out from obsessing over food.
Will try get back on plan and to the gym from tomorrow.
Hope you're well and your aches and injuries are healing!

Don't worry you've done really well to lose the weight you have so far, enjoy the treats :) I'm going to have an off plan sat night next week as my best friend is visiting and there is no chance I'll be able to stick to 15 syns of alcohol :party0036:

thanks my leg is so much better now :) back to the gym tomorrow morning, going to be doing cross trainer though and maybe back to treadmill by the end of the week :) went out today for food and managed to stay on plan with a salad :)

hope youve had had a good bank holiday :D

Ahh I did enjoy the treats, they will come back to haunt me before long tho haha
New week, new determination! I have started a food diary on here so I can be a bit more accountable too.
Well done staying on plan eating out- this is always my downfall!
Hopefully your success express will counteract wine syns?! How are you finding it? Hope the gym wasn't too painful!
Still recovering from the bank holiday weekend I think, it was good fun! Hope you had a good one too?

Ahh I did enjoy the treats, they will come back to haunt me before long tho haha
New week, new determination! I have started a food diary on here so I can be a bit more accountable too.
Well done staying on plan eating out- this is always my downfall!
Hopefully your success express will counteract wine syns?! How are you finding it? Hope the gym wasn't too painful!
Still recovering from the bank holiday weekend I think, it was good fun! Hope you had a good one too?

thanks :) it was good thanks, very chilled out :) success express is going ok, not sure I'm doing it totally right but giving it my best shot :)

Back