No need to ask to join - if you really mean it this time you ARE a WeMITT!

Nina - my heart goes out to you. I know I speak for all "my" WeMitts when I say you have all our understanding and support.
Now you have made the decision to get ride of all that weight, we hill help and encourage you every step of the way. Post often on the "general" thread which is strated each Monday. Look forward to getting to kow you, and sharing this incredible journey to Slimland with you.
Lots of love, Ann (Mother WeMitt) xxx

what happened isnt ur fault. i know u have probably been told that a million times but from what u say, it sounds like u think it is down to you.

Im really sorry to hear about ur loss but i'll bet there was nothing u could have done differently to prevent it. im sure ur weight wasnt the only factor. i was 18 stones having my son and that pregnancy didnt incurr problems. its nothing thats wrong with you. its just something awful that happened to you. i hope u have help to deal with this?

well done on wanting to shift the weight. its taken me years to really mean it this time. every other time was cos i felt i ought to be slim but it wasnt something i was REALLY prepared to change. uve made the hard decision so i hope u feel our support and make it to where u want to be

karen xxx

I wanted to send out a big hello to the selective group...its great to know that I am not the only one with more than 6 stone to lose...and I WILL DO IT THIS TIME!

I weighed in at a hefty 142k...and was recently pregnant...my story is not all that happy -- but I need to vent...
I had to deliver at 28 weeks (8/12) due to HELLP/preclampsia -- up until then I was in denial <<I am not fat -- just a big boned 5'8 girl who loves food>> that was me....hahaha, not any more...
My baby was on ICU for 3and half weeks, ad he died due to a massive ifection...he was a premie...all on acct of me ad my poor health. The scariest thing is that I could have died b4 giving birth -- my weight was killing me-- and FAST.

So now,I am facing the reality. I need to lose weight and be healthy...I like CD; and these 2 weeks have made me realize that in the past I loved to eat...I mean really loved it...its a bit sad to think that a person would look forward to the next meal on a daily basis...ad that was me; I am working to change it...

Thank you for reading my post!:D

Oh Nina I'm so sorry, Are you getting any professional support for your bereavement?
I know we aren't experts here & you don't say what the Dr's told you about the contribution your weight made to your babies prematurity,but you are not totally to blame.I agree with Karen.
It's great you've decided to change your health prospects for the future, like all us WeMITTS, but you mustn't make your grief worse by taking on self blame where it isn't justified. Thin people get pre-eclampsia too, & what does HELLP stand for (? xx low lying placenta)
I do hope you keep intouch on this site-just in case it helps.
I've only been a member a short while but already gained a lot from the kind ,wise & understanding people here.

Thanks all for your kind words of support...I dont blame myself for preclampsia, (and I believe that everything happens for a reason)I just want to be healthy...and I know that I will do it this time...!

Hello nina-how are you? Nice weight loss on your tracker.

hi jane-- i am doing well, and you? I dont get on here often, but its nice to get updated...I agree with you that CD gives a sense of euphoria...I like it too!! :D

To the group:
Does the weight loss always decrease over time? Any tips on increasing the amt lost per wk(my CDC said from wk 4 on I should av 2-3k)...is that TRUE?:p

Anybody read Cambridge's 20th anniversary book written by the founding Dr himself?

bye 4 now,,,,

hi jane-- i am doing well, and you? I dont get on here often, but its nice to get updated...I agree with you that CD gives a sense of euphoria...I like it too!! :D

To the group:
Does the weight loss always decrease over time? Any tips on increasing the amt lost per wk(my CDC said from wk 4 on I should av 2-3k)...is that TRUE?:p

Anybody read Cambridge's 20th anniversary book written by the founding Dr himself?

bye 4 now,,,,

Hi nina,

The weight loss can slow down with some but not all, maybe one week out of every three later on.

Have a look at the weekly weigh ins and see how they are doing. http://www.minimins.com/weekly-weigh/

You have to remember everyone is different but the guidlines are around a stone a month, could be less, could be more.

I think you will find a good few of our members have read The Cambridge Diet by Dr Alan Howard '20th anniversary edition'

What did you think of it?

Love Mini xxx

hi MIni,

Thanks for the info...I am really impressed with CD -- have never been on any other diet than Atkins (was in denial that I had a weight problem to begin with...:cry: )

I havent read the book -- wanted to get it off ebay for cheap (just was wondering if it has anything else interesting in it other than the info given out by the CDC).

thanks again....
nina

Well done nina.26lb since end of jan-you could well be on line for 2st in a month.(it will slow after this,but still keep coming off)

hi would like to join wemitts, i have about 6 stone to lose, im doing the cd diet and have my second weigh in tuesday , first week lost 9 1/2 pounds . had a minor slip but back focused now.

i want to start a family and realise my weight isn't helping me and i have tried diets before but not really done that well . i find it harder as i have pcos, but my focus now is TO HAVE A BABY so i am so determined . :)

Welcome to the group. Good luck with your new journey - there's no quicker way to lose weight safely and you'll be shocked at how fast you change.

I lost quite a bit in 2006 - at my heaviest I was 22st and got down to 12st 7lb but stupidly regained 5st of it. I'm turning things around now though.

My gallery pics (link on the left <<<) show what a loss of around 10st looks like: I'm looking forward to getting back down to my lowest ... and beyond :)

hi all u wemitts i guess i am the latest self confessed wemitt i have just started on cdss been on for 3 days i have a LOT of weight to lose ohh about 12 st in all i have previously done a ss diet before lost 7 st with it then low and behold i got pregnant so it was an open ticket to scoff BIG mistake lol and u know i am determined to lose the weight ths time cos I MEAN IT THIS TIME!1 lol

There's an awful lot of WeMITTS who have had more than 12 stone to lose so we so understand what it is like.

We mean it this time is our motto

Irene xx

Good Start

Hi everyone,
I registered I few weeks ago. Unfortunately I don't have regular access to a pc at the moment so I can only post here and there. I have been on sole source now for almost 1 month and I have lost just under 3 stone..this is quite startling for me. I had just over 9 stone to loose so 1/3 is gone. If I can do it, all of you will be fine...
Good luck to everyone....hope to come back soon...

xxx

Hi everyone,
I registered I few weeks ago. Unfortunately I don't have regular access to a pc at the moment so I can only post here and there. I have been on sole source now for almost 1 month and I have lost just under 3 stone..this is quite startling for me. I had just over 9 stone to loose so 1/3 is gone. If I can do it, all of you will be fine...
Good luck to everyone....hope to come back soon...

xxx

I have been on sole source now for almost 1 month and I have lost just under 3 stone..this is quite startling for me. I had just over 9 stone to loose so 1/3 is gone. If I can do it, all of you will be fine...
252525252521cid25252525255F16505922.gif

Congratulations and very well done:happy096:

Love Mini xxx

Flipping heck - BRILLIANT!

thank you so much...I can't quite believe it and I know it will slow down but maybe I'll reach my goal by the summer...
This is hard but easy at the same time...

This support is great...

XXX

Back