November money challenge!

Wow that's a nice bday & Christmas pressie.

Well my bank balance is not looking good but my overtime due on 29th November shold hopefully help that a bit. I have taken some positive steps however......

I have saved most of my 'butchers' money the last 2 weeks so now have £84 to spend at the weekend out with my friend for my bday. I have also started a savings tin and decided I am going to save any £5 notes I have in my purse when I get home. I wont be too strict that i wont spend them if i need to when i am out but if its in my purse when i get home, its going in the tin. This money is towards holiday savings. (Already got £15!!)

I am getting a £2 coin savings tin for xmas so will start that up again as well and this money is towards a wedding as bf and I want to get engaged in the next year. My emergency account only has £30 in it (£10 per month by direct debit) and is towards car repairs/MOT etc. So small steps but these things all together at least give me a start towards savings.

I also got a letter in the post asking me to fill in a survey offering a £10 shopping voucher as a reward. Survey complete, voucher received and nieces xmas persent purchased from amazon for £5 instead of £15 :D. Dont throw away any post addressed 'to the household' until you check what it is!!

How is everyone else doing? it is a bit quiet in this thread - is that becuase xmas planning is wiping us all out?

That's true, money doesn't go far, I sort of know how much money I have left to spend, but I'm sure it doesn't go that far, it seems to somehow vanish!!!!!!!!!!

I'm set for being o/d again, but won't know how much until near payday, my CC bill comes out in full at the end of the month I could work it out if I wanted to, but I can't be bothered!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yikes, just realised, I've not bought OH Christmas pressies & we go on hols nxt Friday, best get a wriggle on.

Is there a January challenge? I've gone both of the rails with dieting and spending, but would love to start next year on a much better note x

Have put up a jan post, there is two as i made a typo on one, have asked for it to be deleted :eek:

Back