Observations, mutterings and the gerbera effect

lookingforme said:
Hiya Gem
I had the pleasure of meeting a lady that lost 5 and half stone and had a belly tuck and you would never of known but she paid £5000 and had it done here in the UK and She was such an inspiration for me.

The belly problem worry is my biggest worry, im lucky never to of gone past a 22, but my belly has grown quicklly since my hysterectomy last year. I also got the upper roll under the chest area which i never had before.

Im hoping by acting now i am oing to reduce the risk of it not springing back into place.

Trouser wise, large mens are so much better fitted for us. I was never without a long shirt or jumper way down past my bum. So as the tops were never seen no one ever knew the difference. I even had compliments as to how nice some looked lol

The closest to fit me for cost wise in womens, are black work trousers in Asda Polyester but nice and cheap at £6.

I think the tighter trousers reminds us not to eat lol, if i get bigger ones i just gow into them!

Welldone on the car park steps, the back of your legs will not thank you tomorrow thou :eek:

What was your wiegh day Gem?:)

It is something I would spend money on when I feel at a comfortable weight. I am aiming for 9.5 stone which at the moment seems impossible but I am quite tiny under all this blubber. The sooner you can act the better and I have two regrets in life 1) I didn't work harder at school and 2) I let myself get to a size 32 !
I used to wear mens clothes quite a bit, maybe I will have a look and in asda, I don't go in there very often.
Legs are fine today...just debating whether to cycle as it's raining and windy but I've already had two days off the training programme.
Have a good day!
Gem x

HI Gem

I think those 2 regrets are very popular ones:cry:
I dont enjoy anytype of indoor exercise although i did a bit of skipping last night that was different and fun.

HAve you looked at the bike mounts, that you plug into the TV and ride the walks and cycle paths of the world.

Its pricey but does sound lovely.

Sad regarding the weather and riding, i do quiet a bit of pavement use. Would that help with the wind worry.:)

Hope today is a good one:)

Woohoo well done gemsiac :D what a fab weight loss to date, you keep at that rate over the next three weeks and you'll be disappearing before our eyes... onwards and downwards :)

Have a great day and a lovely mothers day....and a romantic anniversary ;)

lookingforme said:
HI Gem

I think those 2 regrets are very popular ones:cry:
I dont enjoy anytype of indoor exercise although i did a bit of skipping last night that was different and fun.

HAve you looked at the bike mounts, that you plug into the TV and ride the walks and cycle paths of the world.

Its pricey but does sound lovely.

Sad regarding the weather and riding, i do quiet a bit of pavement use. Would that help with the wind worry.:)

Hope today is a good one:)

Hi LFM

I haven't heard of the bike mounts but I do cycle on my wii fit sometimes!

Had a bit of an ephinany regarding the wind today!

Hope you had a good day
Gem

RainbowRose said:
Woohoo well done gemsiac :D what a fab weight loss to date, you keep at that rate over the next three weeks and you'll be disappearing before our eyes... onwards and downwards :)

Have a great day and a lovely mothers day....and a romantic anniversary ;)

Thanks Rose I would like to loose another stone by my birthday (24 may) but that's quite a all order!

Have a wonderful time yourself x
Gem

Final phase, week four, day one
Training day 5

I listened to my hubby this morning and I cycled. The sea was really rough in one place and splashed across the cycle path but I thought of it as resistance training and it was invigorating! The way home was like different day, blue sky and birds singing so very pleased I did cycle! I did my walk around the park at lunchtime and I've signed up for a kettle bells class...it's supposed to be great for core muscles so hopefully will help with the tummy situation!

I have also been good on the food front, avoiding cream cakes, doughnuts, cookies and sweets and it was a colleagues birthday so the whole office had fish and chips in the office for lunch....I went out for my walk!

I have been haunted by the smell all afternoon but came home and had a planned, sausage egg and beans...so I'm very pleased with myself!

Observation of the day : no more fair weather cycling...each climate brings a new challenge and is beautiful in it's own way!

And it's the weekend! Woohoo!

Have a great one!
Gem x

Hi Gem
Sorry I missed your wieght loss post?
1.9lb thats a good loss and 9lb in 3 weeks:eek:, ive almost done that in 9 weeks:rolleyes:.

Its not easy , i take my hat off to you.

The fish and chips, the chips would of got me and about 5 would of been nailed!

Your work colleagues must be good mates, as i find its the peer pressure that doesnt help in group situations.

"oh go on 1 won't hurt, youve done so well":rolleyes::rolleyes:

Love the bike vision with the waves, as long as its spray and not full blown Sea monsters to take you to the deep:eek:.

I have been a fair weather rider, but my mind set is changing too, i rode home the other night in very thin light rain which got me soaked by the time i got home, but the cold on my head and face was a great feeling as i was working up a sweat.

Being with nature is something i cant get enough of and its reviving the schol days of rambling and up snowdonia.:)

Hope you have a lovely wkend an celebrations
XX

Congrats on resisting temptation Gemsiac :) that's what I would have to do, go out for a walk away from the aroma!!!!

I know what LFM means, some people try to 'help' by saying, have a treat, you've done well so far, just a couple of wee chips won't harm you etc etc :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: in my case, one or two chips would have me craving a bagful, so good intentions don't work well on me!.... good for your colleagues for not saying that to you!

Have a fab weekend...and here's to many more wedding anniversaries ahead...cheers!!! :love047:

Rx

By gawd! Where did that week go to?! I have been very lax in blogging but I have been counting my pro points...well, since Monday! Had a wonderful weekend! Lovely Italian meal, I tried to choose sensiblywith calamari and salad for starter, lasagne and salad for main but then had a VERY naughty chocolate fondant pudding with vanilla ice cream and horror or horrors I didn't point it up!
Sunday wasn't much better as my mum bought us some thorn tons choccies, I had two glasses of wine and nibbled on seaweed peanuts. But Monday I was straight back into it.

I have cycled to work twice, walked loads and done a new kettle bell class on Wednesday which is a total body workout and very hard going. I'm aching in places I didn't know existed but I'll be back next week...great toning!

I am realistically hoping for a sts for tomorrow and I will be a very happy bunny!

Gem

Hi Gem
Weldone on the kettle class, they do look terrifying and your foods arnt terribly bad. I would have thought at worst you will STS

Whats seaweed peanuts like?, they do sound realy tasty:)

So much so im craving them and havent tried them....i love nuts! but cant have them, fattening and GD allergy.
So to be safe i just never buy.

Good luck for weigh in tomorrow, you might be pleasantly surprised! Your meal sounds lovely. See the funny thing, I don't think you did bad at all, I guess we are all just too hard on ourselves for some reason. :confused:

So pleased you had a lovely anniversary :)

lookingforme said:
Hi Gem
Weldone on the kettle class, they do look terrifying and your foods arnt terribly bad. I would have thought at worst you will STS

Whats seaweed peanuts like?, they do sound realy tasty:)

So much so im craving them and havent tried them....i love nuts! but cant have them, fattening and GD allergy.
So to be safe i just never buy.

The kettle bells are pretty full on and you do chuck them about! My legs have recovered quickly due to all the cycling but my arms are still pulling!

Seaweed peanuts are quite calorific...they are a peanut with a hard crispy coating made with seaweed and are an acquired taste but I love them! I will not be buying them again lol

Gem

RainbowRose said:
Good luck for weigh in tomorrow, you might be pleasantly surprised! Your meal sounds lovely. See the funny thing, I don't think you did bad at all, I guess we are all just too hard on ourselves for some reason. :confused:

So pleased you had a lovely anniversary :)

We are aren't we? Always beating ourselves up about something and for no reason according to the scales this morning!

Pleased you had a good time too x

Gem

Well ....1.2 lbs are off...I'm so pleased! It's definitely the getting back on the horse bit that helps!

I will cycle into work again and do my walking training at lunchtime.

As the weather is so good we are going to walk around studland tomorrow and do a bit of cliff walking no doubt!

Enjoy the sun ladies x

Gem

Wow Gem
welldone, you are having realy good loses.

It must be that chocolate fondant pudding with vanilla ice cream i better get some :D

All that hard work is showing, realy chuffed for you.
Its such a lovely feeling.

Have a great day:)

well done gemsiac! :) your exercising is paying off, cycling every day definately is the way to go!!! ..and your lovely meal caused no damage..wooohooo!!!!

You must be feeling so good, enjoy the sunshine and congratulations again :D

I am sooooooo tired! But we had a lovely day and I walked across sand and cliffs for 8 miles. Food hasn't been great but not too bad and the four hours of hard walking should make up for it! The weather is amazing although it was very windy. Don't know if I'm going to be able to move tomorrow!

Gem x

Welldone Gem 8miles walking!:eek: i thought riding it was bad enough.:eek:

Glad you enjoyed it, the weather here has been amazing too:) very good idea for a nice walk. We have to grab it while its around, as i'm sure we are going to pay for it in April showers. :eek:

I always find the evenings more mellow and relaxed after a good day with exercise.
It definately aids healthier mind as well as body.

How about a radox bath i used to love the crystals when i was a kid, only find the liquid ow, not quiet the same thing. Oh that jogged my memory and teh bath salts that came in little squares of golden wrapping paper, werent they magical.

Off for a bath lol
Have a lovely day tomorrow:)

Back