On your marks, set, swing...!

Did week 2 cardio yesterday. I decided to be sensible and do more with 4kg. It feels like a feather weight now. Used it for the figure eight sitting down and the one arm press. Also reduced the number of reps to a level which pushed me but didn't actually kill me! It's interesting that I wake up every morning with aching glutes. My backside is getting noticeably flatter. Will take my measurements after this weeks kettlebells. Should have done it before I changed to 8 kg.

KW Wk 2 Resistance
Halos
One armed swing
Lawn mowers
KB punches
Squat press
Sumo squat
KB fly
Front plank hold
2 hand back scratcher squat
Baseball catcher heel raise

Week 2 done! How's everyone? Have a great weekend all :)

I have also completed week 2. It wasn't too bad and I even managed the half get ups using Thug. The ones that are still beyond me are those where the bell is lifted over the head, especially on the floor and not touching. Have to go back to Fairy Cake for those.

I have visitors again this weekend but on Wednesday I intend to have a go at the fast abs. I see that you sometimes do both. Not sure I would have the strength or energy!

Hey Daisy, well done!
Just unwrapped my fast abs DVD this week as there is a 6 week ab work challenge on in the Minimins Fitness & Exercise forum.
I had until this week only done the main Kettleworx DVDs but this is an opportunity to get me moving more. I'm loving the feeling but I have been having early nights as I am worn out by evening. Just need to sort out my diet now :)

Roll on week 3 :D

KW Wk 3 Core
Standing Ab twist
KB side bends
One leg arm circle
Front plank hold
Seated figure 8 pass
Hip pump and crunch
Windshield wipers
Half get ups
Spell Kettleworx

I will ave to take it steady this week and revert back to the 4 kg for most of the exercises. Since my Wk 2 core I have had sore stomach and lower back muscles. Nothing major but I don't want to over do it.

daisybell18 said:
I will ave to take it steady this week and revert back to the 4 kg for most of the exercises. Since my Wk 2 core I have had sore stomach and lower back muscles. Nothing major but I don't want to over do it.

Smart move Daisy. I hope you're feeling less sore soon :)

I agree, sounds like you're doing the right thing. :)

Back with the swingers today. Used the thug with no ill effects but did do the one arm press with the fairy cake (4kg) I always drink three or four glasses of water so it is good for me in other ways too.

Plan to have a go at the fast abs tomorrow to make up for the down time. Did wk 3 resistance today ( Thursday) so will be back on track next Wednesday with week 4 resistance. Just means I miss the Sunday rest day.

How is everyone else getting on? What do you do on between days?

Hi People, sorry I missed out wk 3 cardio yesterday and did not manage to get it done today either. Tomorrow is wk 3 resistance so I hope to get back on track with that.
PS: I'm not too upset about missing the workout because it's been for another kind of exercise -digging up the lawn! :D

daisybell18 said:
Back with the swingers today. Used the thug with no ill effects but did do the one arm press with the fairy cake (4kg) I always drink three or four glasses of water so it is good for me in other ways too.

Plan to have a go at the fast abs tomorrow to make up for the down time. Did wk 3 resistance today ( Thursday) so will be back on track next Wednesday with week 4 resistance. Just means I miss the Sunday rest day.

How is everyone else getting on? What do you do on between days?

great that you're adjusting to your 8kg bell Daisy; good on you!

On my between days I often do stat bike or cycle outdoors.

Week 3 cardio completed to day. Will have to be careful with the core session as I pulled my stomach slightly last time. No Ill effects today so far (15mins in!)

I go back to the UK a week on Tuesday and will be doing Kettlercise for a few weeks. It is some time since I did it but I do remember my back muscles burning as I worked. I don't get that with KWX. My glutes are continually aching though - not enough to keep me awake but I know they are there!

Where do you feel it most?

I'd have to say I feel it more during the workout - not soreness but getting breathless and palpitations, sweating!

At variuos times I feel my legs aching, other times glutes, other times back or shoulders depending in the workout. It's been more of abs recently (doing the 6 week Ab challenge), also back and glutes (been digging up dead lawn in garden)

Finally completed Wk 3 Resistance:

One-armed swing
Lawn mowers
One-armed shoulder press (squat & press)
Kettlebell figure 8 pass
Pass and dunk
Side curtsy lunge
Skier bumps
Side leg pulses
Back step squat lunge
Squat and upright row
Circle runs

Aaah, glad it's done.

Roll on week 4! :D

daisybell18 said:
I still have core to do tomorrow then on to week 4. Cant believe I am almost half way through already.

Good work Daisy; it kinda goes fast actually :)

Kettleworx Core Wk 4
Side bends
Side twists
Hip pump & crunch
Core rows
Half get ups
Windshield wipers
Side butt elevator

I have to confess to 2 modifications I made:
Core rows: feet firmly planted on the floor!
Side butt elevators: did something entirely different (some arm exercises) :eek:

Those side butt elevators are just awful at first. But when I finally managed them it felt like an amazing accomplishment, lol! They are easier if you bend your bottom foot behind you (so your knee is at a 90 degree angle) as then your knee stays on the floor. You can also just not use the bell to start with. :)

Yesterday did Kettleworx Wk 4 Cardio:

Squat and upright row
Halos
Two armed forward swing
One armed shoulder press (squat & press)
Squat & pull
Lawn mowers
Jumping jacks
Kettlebell punches
Kettlebell cross over push ups
Gunslingers

Did KWX resistance week 4 yesterday. It is so hot here and I made the mistake of leaving it until mid afternoon. Had the fan on full blast and still got through 4 glasses of water, which for me is unheard of! Am now doing the half get ups with the 8kg. Nearly dropped the bell on my chest with the final rep but felt very pleased with myself.. Disco side bends was the only one I used 4 kg for.

Planning to do measurements on Sunday as I should be under 12 stone for first time in living memory!

Back